PDA

View Full Version : Motegi crashes are the result of former ChampCar drivers

Warlock!
04-14-03, 07:22 AM
...driving like asses.

At least Sam thinks so... (http://sports.yahoo.com/cart/news?slug=hornishftr&prov=st&type=lgns)

Or maybe he doesn't like losing consistently.

Warlock!

RaceChic
04-14-03, 07:28 AM
Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa..............
Sucks to have competition doesn't it?
Sounds like the groaning of a dying champion who now realizes he'll never have a shot at the championship again with the calibre if the previous CART drivers that are now in the field.....:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

mapguy
04-14-03, 08:08 AM
Looks like with the influx of real drivers, Cornish-Hen is starting to look like the ordinary driver that he really is. No special rev-limiter is going to help him now.

WickerBill
04-14-03, 08:14 AM
C'mon... Scott Sharp beat 'em this weekend. It's all about the equipment, except at places like Pike's Peak and Gateway, where the driver has to drive. Hornish would be right up there with a real motor behind him.

IMO

pchall
04-14-03, 09:45 AM
This is really interesting coming from Hornish, who has made enough dubious moves in his IRL tenure to put him very high on my list of drivers most likely to cause the IRL accident that we all dread.

BlueStang
04-14-03, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
C'mon... Scott Sharp beat 'em this weekend. It's all about the equipment, except at places like Pike's Peak and Gateway, where the driver has to drive. Hornish would be right up there with a real motor behind him.

IMO

Agreed. He even made that Chevy look pretty good, until they pitted right before a yellow came out.

Blue

racer2c
04-15-03, 08:55 AM
That article is in the 'CART' section.:rolleyes:

pchall
04-15-03, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by BlueStang
Agreed. He even made that Chevy look pretty good, until they pitted right before a yellow came out.

Blue

Nappy could make a Minardi look pretty good if half the field crashed out. Try again.

BlueStang
04-15-03, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Nappy could make a Minardi look pretty good if half the field crashed out. Try again.

It was looking better before half the field was gone. I was not talking about his finishing position.

Blue

Railbird
04-15-03, 03:24 PM
Whining aside, Sam has impressed me more this year than in the previous two. He's hustled that box around about as well as can be expected considering it's powered by a homegrown teakettle.

Having said that, I think he needs to review some of his moves in the last two years before he bitches about anything the T&H boys are doing this year.

pchall
04-15-03, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Having said that, I think he needs to review some of his moves in the last two years before he bitches about anything the T&H boys are doing this year.

Exactly my point. Hornish made some of the most boneheaded moves out there in the previous two years.

cartmanoz
04-16-03, 05:14 AM
This is why I avoid the IRL.;)

tantra
04-16-03, 06:32 AM
Nothing to add on this. Just sorry I missed yet another IRA race. Seems as if I forget them as I go about living life doing more interesting things. I thought that I would follow the careers of some of the guys who went over there, but apparently it's no longer important to me.

Napoleon
04-16-03, 06:42 AM

Why thank you, I think.

BlueStang
04-16-03, 08:34 AM
Exactly my point. Hornish made some of the most boneheaded moves out there in the previous two years.

2001 - no wrecks. possibly the only driver to finish every race. only blemish was the spin at Indy that ruined AUJ's day. this was the same season that dr. miller collected half the field at Atlanta, and of the cheever/ray/sharp "lunacy" at Texas I.

2002 - goofed at Naz, taking out Buddy Lazier. goofed at Indy, again. got hit from behind by Cheever at TX (Cheever's fault). got hit from behind at Nashville by Mack (cleary Mack's fault), but saved it. made a couple of questionable moves at Miami which, along with Naz, drew him a warning for his driving techniques.

I agree that he pulled his fair share last season, although I don't think they were the most boneheaded...to think that, you'd have to forget some of the moves that Hannibal, Mack, Ray, Herb, and others pulled. :p ;)

Blue

RaceGrrl
04-16-03, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by BlueStang
I don't think they were the most boneheaded...to think that, you'd have to forget some of the moves that Hannibal, Mack, Ray, Herb, and others pulled. :p ;)

The difference is that Hornish is supposed to be good, not a wanker like the guys you named above. (by virtue of the fact that he's in the Wanker league, he's a wanker, but you know what I mean)

mapguy
04-16-03, 09:29 AM
Hornish is a wanker. He sucked in F2000. He sucked in Atlantics. Put him in an under-powered, over-downforced, vertebrae-altering sled and all of a sudden he is a freaking hero. Gimme a freaking break.:shakehead :rolleyes:

RaceGrrl
04-16-03, 09:44 AM
Dang, Map. Give ME a break. I didn't mean for it to sound like I think he's a great driver. Being considered good in the wanker league isn't anything to brag about.

mapguy
04-16-03, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Dang, Map. Give ME a break. I didn't mean for it to sound like I think he's a great driver. Being considered good in the wanker league isn't anything to brag about.

Whoah! That wasn't directed at you Grrl! :o

RaceGrrl
04-16-03, 09:55 AM
Ok, just wanted to make sure we understood each other. :)

lone_groover
04-16-03, 11:25 AM
For the rekkid, put me in the HORNISH JR. SUCKS camp....and I'm not too sure about HORNISH SR. either. :cry::) :thumdown:

cartmanoz
04-16-03, 08:03 PM
I don't rate any of those IRL drivers until I know they can turn RIGHT!

RaceChic
04-16-03, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
I don't rate any of those IRL drivers until I know they can turn RIGHT! :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

BlueStang
04-17-03, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
I don't rate any of those IRL drivers until I know they can turn RIGHT!

I dunno about turning right, but Scott Dixon was doing a pretty good job of not turning left when he and Tony Kanaan had their mishap.

Blue