PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm... help!

Cam
08-26-06, 02:00 PM
Ok I am sure a few of you have experience or knowledge in this area, I need your help.

The Mazda I bought a year ago came equipped with a Viper car alarm. I have 2 key fobs for it. However, what I don't know is what model the alarm is and I don't have any documentation on how to properly work the damn thing!

Last week I took it in for service and the mechanics scrambling around on the 15th time they set the alarm off was rather comical! I know there is a valet mode but without any documentation I have no clue how to set it that way.

So the qustion I have is, how the hell do identify the bloody alarm thingy and also how do I find the interior disarm switch? I really just want to disable it altogether but if I can at least get a grip on how it works I can live with that! :)

devilmaster
08-26-06, 02:40 PM
Just a WAG....

Would calling VIPER work? One would assume that when installing, you would inform viper of the make and model of the car and its owner. They may have the info on the model of alarm and give you docs on it.

Even if they don't, perhaps by explaining to them what you have, perhaps they can deduce what model alarm you have.

And now for the OT - is this the same alarm company that sponsored Greg Moore's first year in IndyLights?

devilmaster
08-26-06, 02:50 PM
post-building ;)

http://www.directed.com/security/viper/default.asp

That is the Viper website... on the bottom of the page they ask for a zip code to locate a dealer.... perhaps you can contact someone near you....

nrc
08-26-06, 03:34 PM
So there's no model number on the alarm unit? With most CE manufacturers today if you can find a model or part number on the unit you can find a manual on their web site.

Cam
08-26-06, 03:44 PM
So there's no model number on the alarm unit? With most CE manufacturers today if you can find a model or part number on the unit you can find a manual on their web site.

I have no idea where to even look for it! :saywhat:

nrc
08-26-06, 04:27 PM
Does it have a separate siren for the alarm? If so find the siren (probably under the hood) and trace the wires back to find the alarm unit. It's likely under the hood or under the dash.

Cam
08-26-06, 05:43 PM
Does it have a separate siren for the alarm? If so find the siren (probably under the hood) and trace the wires back to find the alarm unit. It's likely under the hood or under the dash.

Yeah the siren is under the hood. I will have to have a look again and see but I think the unit is under the dash.