PDA

View Full Version : CBC article on PT, SB, Tag and Montreal.

devilmaster
08-24-06, 10:14 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/060824/s0824122.html

Bourdais calls Tracy's helmet remark an insult to France and Quebec
18:58:06 EDT Aug 24, 2006
Canadian Press: BILL BEACON

MONTREAL (CP) - Paul Tracy can expect to be booed in Montreal, even if he may be hard-pressed to hear it over the roar of his Champ Car engine.

The veteran Toronto driver has been scorched in the local media for a dig about French-speaking drivers keeping their helmets on in fights. And Champ Car leader Sebastien Bourdais, a Frenchman who had words with and a shove at Tracy two weeks ago in Denver, said Thursday that fans in mostly French-speaking Montreal should let him know how they feel - without resorting to extremes.

"We could probably write a book with all the problems that Paul has been involved in, whether it's with me, Alex or someone else," Bourdais said.

"First, if he wants to fight, he's probably picked the wrong sport and second, I just hope the Quebec people reserve (for) him the welcome he deserves because he's been insulting the French people and the Quebec people and I hope they won't forget that."

Lizzerd
08-24-06, 10:50 PM
The French deserve to be insulted. Go PT! :flame: on...

datachicane
08-25-06, 12:15 AM
The French deserve to be insulted. Go PT! :flame: on...

:rolleyes:

A metal chair! He's swinging a metal chair! He's out of his mind!
:rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn't take any of this seriously.

grungex
08-25-06, 12:21 AM
What a weenie. :rolleyes:

http://www.tomotorsports.com/catalog/images/chicken_little_tshirt.jpg

Lizzerd
08-25-06, 12:49 AM
:rolleyes:
I wouldn't take any of this seriously.

I didn't and I don't... :D

jonovision_man
08-25-06, 07:33 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/060824/s0824122.html

I don't think Bourdais quite understands the context of PT's comments... the helmet remark was a hockey reference. An obscure reference anywhere but up here, though. :)

But I'm not sure how offended they'll be in Quebec, it's kind of a tit-for-tat tounge-in-cheek english-vs-french thing up here as opposed to a true racial slur. I can see how Bourdais might have taken it that way, though, he needs to watch more hockey. :D

jono

devilmaster
08-25-06, 10:09 AM
he needs to watch more hockey. :D

jono

A good reminder for everyone out there, regardless of their nationality. :)

Dr. Corkski
08-25-06, 11:22 AM
I don't think Bourdais quite understands the context of PT's comments... the helmet remark was a hockey reference. An obscure reference anywhere but up here, though. :)

But I'm not sure how offended they'll be in Quebec, it's kind of a tit-for-tat tounge-in-cheek english-vs-french thing up here as opposed to a true racial slur. I can see how Bourdais might have taken it that way, though, he needs to watch more hockey. :D

jonoPT is just like Don Cherry, in that both resent getting their asses kicked by the French in their career and they cover that up by shooting their mouth off so that they would be worshipped by uneducated rednecks.

JoeBob
08-25-06, 11:52 AM
http://www.champcar.com/Gallery/gallery98/14elkhart/capitaine_crounche.jpg

:D

tifosi77
08-25-06, 01:04 PM
While I agree it was decidedly unmanly of Tag to start a fight with a helmetless PT - and not much better on Bourdais' part - I don't think that's grounds for PT to go frog bashing.

Next time I see an altercation in Champ Car, there better be a turnbuckle invovled.

RacinM3
08-25-06, 05:46 PM
In San Jose on July 30, Tracy went off the track, then came back on right in front of Tagliani. The crash took both out of the race.

Tagliani went after Tracy and the two ended up in a scuffle, with their helmets on, before they were separated.

You know, in a piece where getting who had whose helmet on straight is the core point of the article, you'd think the moron writer would at least have his facts straight here! :shakehead

jonovision_man
08-25-06, 06:22 PM
PT is just like Don Cherry, in that both resent getting their asses kicked by the French in their career and they cover that up by shooting their mouth off so that they would be worshipped by uneducated rednecks.

Ouch. :)

I like PT, he makes the races a heck of a lot more interesting. I'll never forget watching him fly around Toronto in the lead with half a front wing... the crowd getting louder with every lap, standing up cheering him on, until his team screwed up and he ran out of gas. :thumbup: :) Just one of those racing moments that kicked so much ass. :)

jono

Linda
08-25-06, 10:37 PM
Bourdais calls Tracy's helmet remark an insult to France and Quebec
Quote:
18:58:06 EDT Aug 24, 2006
Canadian Press: BILL BEACON

MONTREAL (CP) - Paul Tracy can expect to be booed in Montreal, even if he may be hard-pressed to hear it over the roar of his Champ Car engine.

The veteran Toronto driver has been scorched in the local media for a dig about French-speaking drivers keeping their helmets on in fights. And Champ Car leader Sebastien Bourdais, a Frenchman who had words with and a shove at Tracy two weeks ago in Denver, said Thursday that fans in mostly French-speaking Montreal should let him know how they feel - without resorting to extremes.

"We could probably write a book with all the problems that Paul has been involved in, whether it's with me, Alex or someone else," Bourdais said.

"First, if he wants to fight, he's probably picked the wrong sport and second, I just hope the Quebec people reserve (for) him the welcome he deserves because he's been insulting the French people and the Quebec people and I hope
I was thinking both times the driver that wanted to fight but Paul had his helment off,and was trying to get it off the second time. He even said on tv the first reck was his fault but Tags didn't care at that point.
I know Paul isn't an angel but it's begining to look like NASCAR on Sunday taking Tony Stewart's place :shakehead

NismoZ
08-26-06, 09:56 AM
First of all I'd say about 98% of French and French Canadians haven't a clue as to PT's sense of humor although it often makes the situation worse rather than funny. This more recent quote from Montreal might be easier to understand. PT SAYS BOURDAIS NEEDS TO GET HIS FACTS STRAIGHT! "Bourdais says I'm responsible for 40-50% of all the incidents in ChampCar this year. That's not true. I'd say it's more like 75%!" See, now THAT'S funny! :D The best thing that could happen for ChampCar this weekend is a Tracy victory with irate fans raining plastic water bottles down on him as he spins do-nuts!

Ruben Barrios
08-26-06, 06:13 PM
Actually PT didn't take his helmet off either..

Linda
08-26-06, 07:45 PM
Actually what I seen on tv Paul was trying to take his helmet off. But was being shoved at the same time.
Actually what I seen on tv was tags turning around when Paul was right behind Tags still had not taken his helmet off . Paul with his helmet off tags again starts yelling and shoved Paul . Actually Tags still had his helmet on. I said to my friend the old Paul Tracy could just shove him and he would fall over such (big differance in size.)

Now before ya say she's a stupid PT fan matter of fact not on my favorite driver list. Except when he won the Indy500 Now you maybe seen a different filming of the incidence or seen it happen in person but I can only tell ya what my own eyes saw.

Anyway it's over and PT must be having personal problems, or job on line.Cause he is driving like he did when he was younger.Just think he should be lucky he hasn't hurt or killed someone.

Would'nt be so sm...a.. But the Actually didn't sound like your post didn't have that friendly kind of read.

Ruben Barrios
08-27-06, 11:36 AM
So we could argue PT is a fast helmet remover? Or maybe, peissed off people get pissed and forget about helmets???

Ruben Barrios
08-27-06, 11:38 AM
BTW all this insulting the french and the whole thing about the helmet is just petty... I agree with you that PT must be having personal problems, because is is plain to anyone that he is not focused...

grungex
08-27-06, 12:29 PM
So we could argue PT is a fast helmet remover? Or maybe, peissed off people get pissed and forget about helmets???
Seeing as both Paul and Tags had a long way to walk to get to the pitlane at San Jose, I find it ludicrous to suggest that Tags "forgot" to remove his helmet in the heat of the moment. And Seabass simply ran away. :rolleyes: