PDA

View Full Version : The Fix is in!

Cam
08-23-06, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes: Renault are hosed.

DECISION OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF APPEAL

The FIA International Court of Appeal met in Paris on Tuesday, August 22, 2006, to examine the appeal made by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile against Decision No. 8 handed down by the Stewards of the Meeting on July 28, 2006, concerning the T car of competitor Mild Seven Renault F1 on the occasion of the Grand Prix of Germany and counting towards the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Having heard the explanations of both parties and having examined the various documents and other evidence, the Court quashed decision No. 8 of the Stewards of the Meeting and ruled that use of the device known as a Tuned Mass Damper is an infringement of Article 3.15 of the Formula One Technical Regulations.

The International Court of Appeal was presided over by Mr Philippe ROBERTI de WINGHE (Belgium), elected President, Mr Pierre TOURIGNY (Canada), Mr John CASSIDY (United States) and Mr Anthony SCRIVENER (Great Britain).

The full text of the International Court of Appeal’s decision is available, on request, from the secretariat of the FIA International Court of Appeal in Paris.

Dirty Sanchez
08-23-06, 12:10 PM
:gomer:

how is the fix in?

...we have every faith in the International Court of Appeal. We believe it is an unbiased final judgement, and we will respect its decision."

Cam
08-23-06, 12:29 PM
:gomer:

how is the fix in?

Don't :gomer: me Sanchez! ;) You saw the difference in handling in the Renault at Hockenheim after they removed them. Renault have thier work cut out to make up for the change. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
08-23-06, 01:20 PM
I accept that this ruling affects Renault's performance to a certain degree. but that does not answer my question about "the fix". care to elaborate? :cool:

also... they made a very poor tire choice in hockenheim.

Cam
08-23-06, 01:29 PM
I accept that this ruling affects Renault's performance to a certain degree. but that does not answer my question about "the fix". care to elaborate? :cool:

also... they made a very poor tire choice in hockenheim.

What other conspiarcy theory mongering title should I have used then?

I submitted this with a much funnier headline! :cry: :D

Dirty Sanchez
08-23-06, 01:33 PM
I'm ready if/when you decide to go there :D

from today's press conference in Hungary:

Q. Is that a 'mass damper' effect or just a better choice of tyres? What is making the difference?

FA: The mass damper did not affect anything at Hockenheim in the race. We saw very clearly that we had a lot of rear problems with tyres that we didn't expect. We had some big blisters – and, you know, you can put as many mass dampers as you want but the rear blisters will be there anyway. So we did probably a bad compromise with rear end of the car and we had that mistake and it was unexpected. So we know what we can do for that and for here it will be much better.

Dr. Corkski
08-23-06, 02:49 PM
I'm ready if/when you decide to go there :D

from today's press conference in Hungary:Alonso is in on it too. :cry: :gomer: