PDA

View Full Version : PT for three in a row

Railbird
04-13-03, 06:05 PM
http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/Driver/20030102DH_0003.jpg

RaceChic
04-13-03, 06:09 PM
First Driver in CART History to Win The First Three Races of the Season...........
He is from my home town!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I knew he was headed towards the Championship..........:)

Gurneyflap
04-13-03, 06:22 PM
OK, but certainly none of you are really surprised, are you? Who DIDN'T pick PT to win the title this year? Oh, wait a minute, I didn't! But that was only because everyone else seemed to be! CART doesn't really need a runaway train at this point in it's recovery, but as long as the races are tight and exciting I guess it's hard to find any serious fault. No doubt who the King Of CART is, now! What's next, that Bullring in England?

RaceChic
04-13-03, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
No doubt who the King Of CART is, now!

Can I be the queen???:gomer: :p :gomer:
Oh Wait........ "No Comment" ;)

Eagle104
04-13-03, 06:28 PM
"PT for three in a row"

The One-And-Only!

Big Congrats to PT & Players!

It's already an historic CART season.

oddlycalm
04-13-03, 06:37 PM
Three in a row it is 'bird, but only by the skin of his teeth. PT drove a smart race today and the race came to him. Sorry to see Jourdain's misfortune, as it was his to lose. In any case, Jourdain and Fernandez are looking like they are serious at this point.

We also so a good drive out of Bordais, although it came to nothing due to a mechanical DNF. He his is pit stops dead nuts every time, and drove smart.

CART needed a memorable race today, and they got one.

Railbird
04-13-03, 08:31 PM
I think PT was ready to settle for second when the racing Gods smiled on him.

Damn shame for Jourdain.

Hey G'Flap

I believe Bruno was considerd the pre season favorite by many, myself included.

RacinM3
04-14-03, 12:50 AM
1. PT could have (some might say should have) finished second in all three races this year. I don't think it's been a runaway, and I just saw probably the best LBGP I've seen in 5 years or more.

2. I'm not a "cryer", but what happened to Michel absolutely, positively broke my heart today.:( He'll have his day.:thumbup:

RaceChic
04-14-03, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by RacinM3
I'm not a "cryer", but what happened to Michel absolutely, positively broke my heart today.:( He'll have his day.:thumbup:

I'm rooting for PT myself, but seeing Michel Jourdain's visible emotion when he got out of the car and crawled into a hug with Bobby Rahal and crying.....:(
And his head in his hands crying when they towed his car back to the pits from pit lane with him in it.......What a sad and terrible shame..... :thumdown: :cry: :thumdown:

JoeBob
04-14-03, 11:21 AM
PT is is one lucky dude so far this year.

Michel's gearbox going has to be one of the most heartbreaking mechanical failures I've seen in a long time. But, as the TV crew said, his day will come.

People forget that he's only 26 years old. While his peers were working their way up the ladder, he was learning to race in ill-prepared cars at the back half of the CART grid.

Hink
04-14-03, 03:01 PM
I like seeing PT win like this but I can't help but feel bad for Jourdain. Michel used to be so terrible but he's definitely come a long way.

cartmanoz
04-15-03, 07:40 AM
PT was a lucky boy on Sunday. Jourdain was desperately unlucky and deserved the win. But he'll soon get one. I hope he wins in Mexico at least. The new Golden Boy down there!:D

Great to see PT make a bit of ChampCar history though. Something to tell the grandkids.

Lizzerd
04-15-03, 07:34 PM
I'd be careful about saying that Michel was terrible, Hink. Until the Rahal ride came around he had been in, let's say, less than a top shelf situation. He had a lot of good runs in the Herdez ride.

As has been said, his time will come. I expect a two or three win season for him. What I fear, though, is a Shumi-2002-type season from PT. Don't get me wrong, I love PT and I believe that this is his year, but I don't want a runaway champion, either.

Go Jeeeeemy!

JLMannin
04-15-03, 07:39 PM
Actually, I think a runaway championship season would produce a lot of positive publicity for CART. If PT can manage to pull off four in a row to open the season, I suspect this news would break out of the open wheel world and get some actual sports coverage - especially if he were to try for five in a row, a new all-time CART record.

Just my $0.02

Kate
04-15-03, 07:53 PM
The absolutely best thing about PT's warp speed season start is how it must be upsetting Mikey and the sidelined members of Team No Longer Kool Green. Grab the big cashola and end up on the sidelines in a series without any fans; remain loyal and true, and fortune smiles on you.

It's a good lesson for them. But the season is young yet and it has happened before that someone starts out hot and ends up in the ditch.

Good going so far, PT and we'll see you in England!