PDA

View Full Version : Pupo! Pupo!

NismoZ
08-22-06, 07:53 PM
:thumbup: "Everything is going according to plan"-CC "The DP01 performed flawlessly as did Moreno who never put a wheel wrong through the seven hour day."

Jervis Tetch 1
08-23-06, 11:19 PM
:thumbup:

NismoZ
08-24-06, 12:03 PM
Yeah, new car and all, but I've always had a tender spot for Roberto Moreno. Only 2 wins but I think way better than his record would indicate. First saw him hounding Michael at RA in '83 (?) in Atlantics/Mondial thinking, "this guy's really good!" I look forward to hearing what he has to say about the '01. :)

tifosi77
08-24-06, 12:51 PM
You gotta admire a guy so unabashedly in love with racing as Roberto. He broke down in tears and could barely stand on his own after finishing second in the 1990 (iirc) Japanese GP. That's cool.

Joelski
08-24-06, 02:27 PM
You gotta admire a guy so unabashedly in love with racing as Roberto. He broke down in tears and could barely stand on his own after finishing second in the 1990 (iirc) Japanese GP. That's cool.

Errrr... That was because the team mistalenly installed a Penske seat in the car and he got "rogered" the entire race. The pain! The humiliation! The debasement!

:D

sadams
08-25-06, 09:10 AM
One of the few guys to pull of a pass at Belle Isle. :thumbup:

NismoZ
08-25-06, 04:35 PM
"I couldn't be happier with the car. It's great to have that kind of power at your fingertips again. The new aero package is really nice and I think the guys are really going to like it once the teams get ahold of it. The car is really balanced well aerodynamically and sticking great in the mid-speed corners and we haven't thrown anything at it yet in terms of gaining mechanical grip. I think the teams are really going to like this car."-Roberto :)

Ronbo
08-25-06, 10:31 PM

You should have seen him totally break down in Vancouver after he passed Lil' Al twice and win!! It was probably my favorite CC memory!! Love that guy!

toymaker
08-29-06, 09:05 AM
Even better yet was his win in Cleveland, where they could not get the Brazilian national anthem to play and Pupo sang it over the PA system from the podium! He was in tears then too. :)

emjaya
08-29-06, 09:52 AM
Roberto Moreno, three time winner of the Australian Grand Prix. :thumbup:

Ok, so it was before it was a F1 race, but Pupo still manage to win, in a spec cars and over field full of F1 drivers like Niki Lauda and the like. :)

emjaya
10-22-06, 09:41 AM
Robeto was comentating for the Australian TV today.Very informative and quick with the answer to what was happening on the track and with the cars. :thumbup: :)

Anyway, he said he had a drive for next year.Where or what he didn't say, but the way he was talking it sounded like it was in Champcar.

Did I miss the press release or is this new. :confused:

:)

Jayblues
10-22-06, 11:09 AM
Robeto was comentating for the Australian TV today.Very informative and quick with the answer to what was happening on the track and with the cars. :thumbup: :)

Anyway, he said he had a drive for next year.Where or what he didn't say, but the way he was talking it sounded like it was in Champcar.

Did I miss the press release or is this new. :confused:

:)

what a choice for a team mate to develop a new program and/or new driver. with his experience in general plus seat miles in the new car lots of teams would have to look closely at him i would think.

SteveH
10-22-06, 06:59 PM
Good for Moreno if true, however the dude's too old. :(

Robstar
10-22-06, 07:51 PM

Yeah, he was really good - Although Neil Crompton is always excellent, there was a few times that Roberto corrected him as to what had happened mechanically or whatever... :thumbup:

jcollins28
10-22-06, 08:03 PM
Good for Moreno if true, however the dude's too old. :(

That's what they said about Joe Tanto, boy were they sorry they said that...

Tim
10-22-06, 10:00 PM
Just give him the old "pick up quarters with the rear tire" test.