PDA

View Full Version : Pizzonia in for Montreal

jonovision_man
08-22-06, 04:45 PM
The car count ferry has paid a visit! :) Per Autosport.

I like Pizzonia (jungle boy!). If he had a regular ride I think he could be competitive week in and week out, he's fast enough.

I don't know what's going on at Rusport, but if they ever get that second car back on the grid and if Pizzonia stays, then we'll be back up to the magic 18 number. :thumbup:

jono

tifosi77
08-22-06, 05:37 PM
I agree, j_m. I think Pizza would be a great full-time addition to the series.

Never understood how he couldn't get himself sorted in F1.... the speed is there, he just tends to not show so well under pressure. Maybe the environment in Champ Car could change that.

cameraman
08-22-06, 05:39 PM
Rocketsports???

gpflepsen
08-22-06, 05:54 PM
Rocketsports???

Yes.

cameraman
08-22-06, 05:59 PM
The comments about being "competitive" confused me :rolleyes:

Spicoli
08-22-06, 06:02 PM
The comments about being "competitive" confused me :rolleyes:no ****.

gentilozer. competitive. :laugh:

he is our version of hemelozer.

gpflepsen
08-22-06, 06:30 PM
no ****.

gentilozer. competitive. :laugh:

he is our version of hemelozer.

How do you explain Glock in '05? Montreal, specifically.

Dr. Corkski
08-22-06, 06:45 PM
How do you explain Glock in '05? Montreal, specifically.Pit strategery. :gomer:

Racing Truth
08-22-06, 07:26 PM
How do you explain Glock in '05? Montreal, specifically.

Blind squirrel phenomenon?
:gomer:

cameraman
08-22-06, 07:45 PM
How do you explain Glock in '05? Montreal, specifically.DHL money generally.

gpflepsen
08-22-06, 08:15 PM
DHL money generally.

... and Rocketsports put the car at the front. :gomer:

extramundane
08-22-06, 09:10 PM
... and Rocketsports put the car at the front. :gomer:

I wouldn't exactly call 14 top 10s (all but a couple of which were not top 5s) out of 26 chances "at the front" of an 18-car field, but whatever does it for you, dude.

Spicoli
08-22-06, 09:59 PM
man, our series truly sucks if we are defending rocketsucks. :laugh:

Glock was awesome. Think if he had a good ride.

Only Genti-handout could make him look bad. :)

gpflepsen
08-22-06, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't exactly call 14 top 10s (all but a couple of which were not top 5s) out of 26 chances "at the front" of an 18-car field, but whatever does it for you, dude.

dude, Montreal 2005. Say what you will, but Rocketsport put a car on the 2nd rung of the podium. That's all.

There's always a hind tit sucker, and we all know that. When the piggy with the s***** nose gets a front tit, just say "That'll do pig, that'll do." :gomer: :laugh:

extramundane
08-22-06, 10:20 PM
dude, Montreal 2005. Say what you will, but Rocketsport put a car on the 2nd rung of the podium. That's all.

Jordan won a GP in 2003, but that didn't make them a good team.

racer2c
08-22-06, 10:34 PM

There's always a hind tit sucker, and we all know that. When the piggy with the s***** nose gets a front tit, just say "That'll do pig, that'll do." :gomer: :laugh:

Hey racefan; Glock winning Montreal is on par with DaMatta winning Portland. Deal with it.
Listen, I'm the biggest CDM fan there is, but that win isn't something I'm going to go around pounding my chest about for years to come. Rocketsports sucks, but I'm glad they're in the CCWS. The Montreal win was a fluk.

devilmaster
08-22-06, 10:57 PM

Why don't we look at Rocketsports' stats for this year?

Every finishing position from this year's races has a number one in it. Too bad each number 1 has a second number following it.

jonovision_man
08-23-06, 08:37 AM
For the record... :) I meant Pizzonia could be competitive, I didn't mean at Rocketsports specifically.

Another tidbit from the Autosport article: (subscribe today! ;))

"I think it is too early to say what I will be doing in 2007," he said. "I've been talking to a few Formula 1 teams, because I'm only 25 and I still have a lot to show there.

"But I think Champ Car is a great series, and should be very good next year with the new car. If I don't find anything good in Formula 1 next year, Champ Car would interest me a lot."

I don't think there's much chance he'll find something "good" in F1 next year... I don't think he means testing, and there aren't a lot of open seats. 25 is almost over-the-hill these days, with young hot-shot GP2 drivers just waiting to snap up the empty seats.

jono