PDA

View Full Version : Pizza

Spicoli
08-20-06, 06:22 PM
Is there any more perfect food? I mean you get allmost all the foodgroups: Dairy, Grain, Veggie, Fruit, Meat - you can even get the fishie thang if you get anchobies.

sunday is our regular ZAH night.

tonite? Jack's pizza. Super thin crust with sausage, pep, BO, GP and piney-apples.

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Pizza after 10 beers on the boat, beautiful day, blah blah blah... :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
08-20-06, 06:49 PM
Shouldn't this be in teh 4:20 thread?

Cam
08-20-06, 07:15 PM
Shouldn't this be in teh 4:20 thread?

Nah.... T7 hijaaked that thead with the pics of his eerrrrr.... BOAT! ;) :gomer:

nrc
08-20-06, 09:04 PM
On the menu tonight, Lotsa Mozza. Why ruin a good pizza with vegetables?
http://www.minutemanpizza.com/graphics/oregano_italiano.jpg

IlliniRacer
08-20-06, 09:18 PM
Being in STL, I unfortunately can't get REAL pizza on a regular basis. Just some crappy thin crust thing with orange cheese. :shakehead

THIS is what pizza SHOULD look like:

http://featuredfoods.com/a-store/graphics/GINO-02.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

racer2c
08-20-06, 10:01 PM
Just recently my pizza preference has changed. For years I've preferred think crust, gobs o' stuff monstrosities. But lately I've been lovin' the thin crust (must be crispy) with thin slices of quality pepperoni. The funny thing, in our little redneck town, the best pizza is this little walk up place in the mall. Most just go in for a slice but we get our whole pizza's there. It's the closest thing to real NY pizza we have.

I make a decent pizza also if I may say so myself. I alternate between our cast iron pizza pan and the 'stone'. Fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes and some good quality EVOO. Friends are amazed at how easy and good it is.
:thumbup:

nissan gtp
08-20-06, 10:01 PM
got the wife to do a pizza run tonite :thumbup:

Spicoli
08-20-06, 10:54 PM
Just recently my pizza preference has changed. For years I've preferred think crust,

? is that something new from pizza slut?

racer2c
08-20-06, 10:57 PM
? is that something new from pizza slut?

I'm just sunburned, pickled, tired and pickled. :)

RHR_Fan
08-20-06, 11:08 PM
Now I want pizza. You guys suck! :p Maybe I'll make one for dinner sometime this week.

~Nicole

devilmaster
08-20-06, 11:52 PM
mmmm.... Terra Cotta Zaa.

http://www.metrotimes.com/metropolis/restaurants/review.asp?id=2910

Dvdb
08-21-06, 11:33 AM
You CAN get good pizza in St. Louis. Just have to know where to look. Black thorn, Syberg's, even Racanelli's.

CARTNUT
08-21-06, 02:05 PM
Round Table Thin Crust Veggie.

Round Table has been around for years in the western states and has always pretty much sucked until recently. Now they use real cheese, not processed. The Veggie pizza has chunks of artichoke hearts along with all the other standard veg's and is just awesome. Very surprising.

TKGAngel
08-21-06, 02:19 PM
I like Cheese pizza with tomato and green pepper. Throw in a few BBQ chicken wings and I'm a happy camper. :)

There's a pizzaria around here called 2 4 1 - order one pizza, get a 2nd at no charge. When I worked on my college's freshman orientation, the freshies would want to get food around midnight. We would always tell them to order from 2 4 1, and leave their money with us, and we would come find them when the food arrived. Since these young'uns were mainly from out-of-town, they had no idea about the 2 4 1 concept, so we would snarf the 2nd pizza and the staff would munch on it. Yes, we were horrible, horrible (but hungry) people. :D

dando
08-21-06, 02:24 PM
Throw in a few BBQ chicken wings and I'm a happy camper. :)
:saywhat:

BBQ?!? Yer from Booofalooo, fer cryin' out load. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-21-06, 02:27 PM

BBQ?!? Yer from Booofalooo, fer cryin' out load. :gomer:

-Kevin

For some reason, I like the BBQ wings better. I think its from knowing that wing sauce is nothing more than hot sauce and butter.

ferrarigod
08-21-06, 02:47 PM
For some reason, I like the BBQ wings better. I think its from knowing that wing sauce is nothing more than hot sauce and butter.

I was born in Buffalo, and I find that diplorable. Go to the Anchor bar and absolve your sins. :gomer:

Ankf00
08-21-06, 02:54 PM
Austin's Pizza was pretty good back in Austin. Brick oven for delivery was nice, but the Feta Cheese, mmmm. There's better to be had most anywhere, but that kind of quality from a joint striving to be a local Pizza Hut as far as delivery was concerned, that was nice. And did I mention the Feta? *drool*

In Clear Lake my fav restaurant/bar, Boondoggles, was ****ing awesome. Turbodog knows of what I speak.

Here in cheesedickville there's Campisi's Egyptian Restaurant (which is actually an Italian place, don't ask me...). The owner is a dude w/ strong mob ties, and his not so vixen-like daughter appeared in Playboy inexplicably a couple of years back. :saywhat:. They have this rectangular thin crust that people seem to swear by, especially the sauce. I've heard dallasites working on Wall St. say that they've yet to find something in NYC that can compare to Campisi's *cough*you have no tastebuds*cough*. I think it's alright as far as thin crust goes but my pops makes much better.

Dallasites have this weird loyalty to local places that are crap, like Campisi's pizza, Snuffer's burgers (it's down the street, better burger joints down the street), and Taco Bueno (the DFW alternative to Taco Bell)...

The best I've had in Texas is Scalini's down the street (I'm going to become cork-sized with all the food options living here), their pizza is ridiculous. I mean, just, wow. $28 for one of their 18" loaded speciality pizzas but totally worth it. I have never had such a decadent pizza before. The italian sausage weren't measly little bits but nice thick ass slices, everything else was the same way. Pizza on steroids. I'm sure there's better elsewhere, but it's easily the best I've ever had.

dando
08-21-06, 03:04 PM
I know. We've done ya one better...BWs was started near OSU. :thumbup: :cool:

Back OT...lots of good 'za here in Cbus, but the damn pies are cut into squares, which I've never understood where that all started. :saywhat:

-Kevin

racer2c
08-21-06, 03:16 PM
Austin's Pizza was pretty good back in Austin. Brick oven for delivery was nice, but the Feta Cheese, mmmm. There's better to be had most anywhere, but that kind of quality from a joint striving to be a local Pizza Hut as far as delivery was concerned, that was nice. And did I mention the Feta? *drool*

In Clear Lake my fav restaurant/bar, Boondoggles, was ****ing awesome. Turbodog knows of what I speak.

Here in cheesedickville there's Campisi's Egyptian Restaurant (which is actually an Italian place, don't ask me...). The owner is a dude w/ strong mob ties, and his not so vixen-like daughter appeared in Playboy inexplicably a couple of years back. :saywhat:. They have this rectangular thin crust that people seem to swear by, especially the sauce. I've heard dallasites working on Wall St. say that they've yet to find something in NYC that can compare to Campisi's *cough*you have no tastebuds*cough*. I think it's alright as far as thin crust goes but my pops makes much better.

Dallasites have this weird loyalty to local places that are crap, like Campisi's pizza, Snuffer's burgers (it's down the street, better burger joints down the street), and Taco Bueno (the DFW alternative to Taco Bell)...

The best I've had in Texas is Scalini's down the street (I'm going to become cork-sized with all the food options living here), their pizza is ridiculous. I mean, just, wow. $28 for one of their 18" loaded speciality pizzas but totally worth it. I have never had such a decadent pizza before. The italian sausage weren't measly little bits but nice thick ass slices, everything else was the same way. Pizza on steroids. I'm sure there's better elsewhere, but it's easily the best I've ever had.

Do all the Texas socialite girls wear big blonde hair? I saw something on some show where this chick pulled out her year book from some wealthy Dallas suburb highschool and every single girl had big blonde hair. It was hysterical, like a bunch of clones. She said it was a status thing. This was a few years ago.

Ankf00
08-21-06, 03:22 PM
It's not big hair these days unless you're married & 35+, but, yes, that's pretty much the gist of it, well that & the 325i or luxury SUV on the side. I think you're talking about some MTV show that profiled a Plano girl. Dated a Plano girl once, RX300 for 16th bday, "augmentation" for her 18th... :saywhat:

SMU's back in session, and you know it when you go to the grocery store & the mall and see every girl with the same long straight blonde hair with bangs swept to the one side, the same dress, etc.

Went to visit a friend on campus on Friday, everyone's walking around with makeup, all dressed up, hair done, and wearing heels. Same thing at the grocery store & the mall. And all the HS girls immitate... It's like USC, but in Texas.

It's creepy.

And s***, I haven't even started on the anchorwomen & weather ladies :eek:

Spicoli
08-21-06, 04:08 PM
this thread is worthless with out fotos. (Girls, not the pizza)

thanks in advance.

TKGAngel
08-21-06, 04:12 PM
I was born in Buffalo, and I find that diplorable. Go to the Anchor bar and absolve your sins. :gomer:

I know I'm supposed to be gaga over Anchor Bar Wings, but LaNova's are so much better. Same with Duff's.

Ankf00
08-21-06, 04:28 PM
I know I'm supposed to be gaga over Anchor Bar Wings, but LaNova's are so much better. Same with Duff's.
heh, my cuz says the same thing...

extramundane
08-21-06, 05:17 PM
this thread is worthless with out fotos. (Girls, not the pizza)

thanks in advance.

Based on Ank's descriptions, I think I'd rather look at pizza. :saywhat:

Spicoli
08-21-06, 05:25 PM
Based on Ank's descriptions, I think I'd rather look at pizza. :saywhat:

I dunno, young blonde and stupid usually works in a pinch. http://www.freewebby.com/shocked-smilies/cover.gif

Sean O'Gorman
08-21-06, 05:40 PM
I know. We've done ya one better...BWs was started near OSU. :thumbup: :cool:

So much history at that location...the first ever BW3s, that one time drunk Ank took a swing at me and had no recollection of it the next day, etc.

Ankf00
08-21-06, 05:54 PM
somehow I'm sure you deserved it.

Dr. Corkski
08-21-06, 06:10 PM
http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Spicoli
08-21-06, 06:11 PM
I would pay a *hefty* sanctioning to see that card.

Ank v. SOG!

http://www.freewebby.com/sign-smilies/rice.gif

The battle of the teen ricers! :gomer:

RichK
08-21-06, 06:25 PM
San Francisco --->

North Beach Pizza:

Clam & Garlic Special

:drool:

Ankf00
08-21-06, 06:27 PM
San Francisco --->

North Beach Pizza:

Clam & Garlic Special

:drool:

ate there once after seeing a play. yum.

Indy
08-22-06, 01:04 AM
Had a nice pizza from the Mellow Mushroom in Carmel (north of Indy) tonight. Surprisingly good New York style. Decent cheese, fresh toppings and some sort of wheat crust which was very sweet and tasty. Bazbeaux is my favorite around here, with Puccini's being good in a pinch.

I agree with Spicoli. The perfect food.

Lizzerd
08-22-06, 01:27 AM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned Union Jack's in Indy yet? Two people would be dang full if they split a small deep dish.

Sure, the west side one is Indycentric and has a lot of cool racing stuff hanging on the walls and elsewhere, but there's one on the north side too (Broadripple area). Much smaller and just as good.

cameraman
08-22-06, 02:24 AM
If you are ever in Salt Lake City this is the best pizza in town. NYC style.
Rusted Sun Pizzeria (http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/media/storage/paper244/news/2006/02/10/AE/Boycott.Bad.Pizza.Go.To.Rusted.Sun-1607876.shtml?norewrite200608220218&sourcedomain=www.dailyutahchronicle.com)

Spicoli
08-22-06, 07:14 AM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned Union Jack's in Indy yet? Two people would be dang full if they split a small deep dish.

Sure, the west side one is Indycentric and has a lot of cool racing stuff hanging on the walls and elsewhere, but there's one on the north side too (Broadripple area). Much smaller and just as good.

Gomer Central Bruce.

There's so much starch and fat in all that. I agree good pie, but at a big cost.

Neither of us needs more starch and fat. :p

Bazbeaux rocks.

Circle City/Jacks?

chop456
08-22-06, 07:23 AM
Bazbeaux rocks.

Plenty of free parking, too. :D

Spicoli
08-22-06, 08:59 AM
Plenty of free parking, too. :D

haha. You're talking about that rasta haired dude got all over us after Railbird's funeral/wake ??

Indy
08-22-06, 11:17 AM
Circle City/Jacks?

The old Jack's were some of my favorites. It seems now that some of them are ok, but some have cheapened the pizza considerably. I am not sure which ones are still good, so I don't bother.

Union Jack's is just not my style of pizza (plus there is the gomer factor).

Fitti Fan
08-22-06, 11:25 AM
Round Table Thin Crust Veggie.

Round Table has been around for years in the western states and has always pretty much sucked until recently. Now they use real cheese, not processed. The Veggie pizza has chunks of artichoke hearts along with all the other standard veg's and is just awesome. Very surprising.

Oh man, I miss Round Table--I remember that vegie pizza. I either got that one or pep, sal, gp, with extra sauce! Mmmm, yum.

Pizza My Heart--Santa Cruz

Haven't found a decent pizza out here yet.

Of course I haven't found decent Mexican, seafood, no Jack in the Box, In and Out--sounds like it's time for a trip back home!

chop456
08-22-06, 11:28 AM
haha. You're talking about that rasta haired dude got all over us after Railbird's funeral/wake ??

If by "us", you mean "Spicoli", then yes - that's what I'm talking about. :D

chop456
08-22-06, 11:30 AM

If you can't find a good pizza around Chicago, it's possible there's something wrong with your mouth. :p

Fitti Fan
08-22-06, 11:40 AM

If you can't find a good pizza around Chicago, it's possible there's something wrong with your mouth. :p

Haven't ventured into Chicago too often. :p

Spicoli
08-22-06, 11:44 AM
:gomer:

you got me there cowboy. :cool:

Dvdb
08-22-06, 11:46 AM
Forgot to add Dewey's (http://www.deweyspizza.com/) to my st. Louis list.

chop456
08-22-06, 11:49 AM
Haven't ventured into Chicago too often. :p

My mistake. I thought you were somewhere close.

Well, there's always corn. :D

Spicoli
08-22-06, 11:54 AM
My mistake. I thought you were somewhere close.

Well, there's always corn. :D

Hey, we gots better corn,

http://history.amusement-parks.com/Indiana%20Beach/Transfer/ibcrow.jpg

we got gomers too.

Dave99
08-22-06, 11:21 PM
Numero Uno. Slaughterhouse Five. /discussion.

A colossal combination of mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. $18.49

http://www.numerounopizzaco.com/images/pizza.jpg

:thumbup:

G.
08-22-06, 11:54 PM
Where the hell at in Illinois?!?

Even Connies makes a decent pie (at the restaurant or carry out. Not at the traveling hashwagons coming soon to an ethnic fest near you).

KaBoom21
08-23-06, 10:42 AM
Man, I lived in Indy from '97-00 and it was tough to find a good pie. Yeah, Bazbeaux was okay, Jack's made a decent thin crust and that place in Broad Ripple (Union Jack's I think) was okay, but outside of that, not much.

Everyone would tell me, "try this place" and all that but overall, pretty weak. I think Pizza Hut was even voted the #2 pizza in some "Best of Indy" dealio.

Finally found some sports bar about 6 months before I moved near 86th and Ditch that made a damn good thin crust.

Indy
08-24-06, 12:34 AM
Man, I lived in Indy from '97-00 and it was tough to find a good pie. Yeah, Bazbeaux was okay, Jack's made a decent thin crust and that place in Broad Ripple (Union Jack's I think) was okay, but outside of that, not much.

Everyone would tell me, "try this place" and all that but overall, pretty weak. I think Pizza Hut was even voted the #2 pizza in some "Best of Indy" dealio.

Finally found some sports bar about 6 months before I moved near 86th and Ditch that made a damn good thin crust.

Smee's or Taylor's? I have never had a pizza in either place.

I forgot about Ale Emporium. Very nice pizzas.

Spicoli
08-24-06, 04:34 AM

I forgot about Ale Emporium. Very nice pizzas.

I think you gotta differentiate between pie-types.

Big fattie deep dish/super thick/loaf of bread pies

or

thin crust/I can eat a whole pie/non-loaf pie-types

fat pie: Ale. UJ's. Unos.

thin pie: jack's/circle city. Bazbeaux. Pucchinis.

frozen: all. none. good when drunk/broke.

oddlycalm
08-24-06, 02:17 PM
While pizza is gradually getting better on the West coast, for my money the best pie is in Connecticut. In New Haven either Frank Pepe's or Sally's and in Mystic both the Mystic Pizza locations. I could eat that pizza for the rest of my life and never feel like I missed anything. Perfection.

For that matter, there are many great places in an arc that travels from New Haven through Providence, RI, Attleboro, MA and up to Waltham, MA. The crusts are perfection, the Portuguese influence on the sauce results in more complexity and they cook them at high enough temperatures that they get great caramalization of both crust and cheese. Prices are so reasonable that the rest of the country should be embarrassed.

For me, it's not about how much cholesterol you can pile on a slice, it's about how much flavor you can put there with the basic ingredients of crust, sauce and cheese and how well those flavors are balanced.

oc

KaBoom21
08-24-06, 04:09 PM
I have no idea. All I remember was driving up Westfield Rd. from Broad Ripple and heading west on 86th. :confused:

Spicoli
08-24-06, 06:59 PM
I have no idea. All I remember was driving up Westfield Rd. from Broad Ripple and heading west on 86th. :confused:

I usually can't remember north of 71st Street. :)

Indy
08-24-06, 11:06 PM

North or South side of 86th?