PDA

View Full Version : And Then There's THIS...

NismoZ
08-17-06, 07:41 PM
Sure, just an AR1 rumor at this point but I LIKE it. Sounds like Red Bull is ready to put John Edwards, F-Renault Eurocup and Robert Wickens, F-BMW USA in full Red Bull liveried Team Forsythe Atlantic cars next season. Don't know if that means a SIX car team, or if 2 of the present drivers may be headed elsewhere. Red Bull honchos were in Denver, we do know that. (Helmut Marko could have been talking to KK about Christian Klien, too?) Can see AJ in a Red Bull Champcar as well but nothing was said about that. My guess is they'd certainly liked to have seen their logo in victory lane 4 of the last 6 races! :thumbup: Please, no AJ to F-1 talk. Just drop the weakest link, move 1 or two ( ;) ;) ) guys up to CC and run two 3 car teams!

Spicoli
08-17-06, 08:11 PM
Sure, just an AR1 rumor at this point but I LIKE it. Sounds like Red Bull is ready to put John Edwards, F-Renault Eurocup and Robert Wickens, F-BMW USA in full Red Bull liveried Team Forsythe Atlantic cars next season. Don't know if that means a SIX car team, or if 2 of the present drivers may be headed elsewhere. Red Bull honchos were in Denver, we do know that. (Helmut Marko could have been talking to KK about Christian Klien, too?) Can see AJ in a Red Bull Champcar as well but nothing was said about that. My guess is they'd certainly liked to have seen their logo in victory lane 4 of the last 6 races! :thumbup: Please, no AJ to F-1 talk. Just drop the weakest link, move 1 or two ( ;) ;) ) guys up to CC and run two 3 car teams!\

:thumbup:

theunions
08-17-06, 08:22 PM
Isn't Edwards still only 15 years old?

cameraman
08-17-06, 08:27 PM
March 11, 1991

Yep. He will be 16 at the start of the 2007 season.
Is there an Atlantics age limit?

Seems there is:
Minimum age for Atlantic driver applicants is sixteen years of age.

Looks like he will make it by a couple of weeks

NismoZ
08-17-06, 08:51 PM
Isn't Phillippe only 16? This Atlantic series continues to astound me...and seems to be impressing a bunch of other people too! I have to say, I gave Bobby Rahal the :thumbup: in the Denver Atlantic paddock Friday morning and said "You picked the right place to be this weekend!" He just smiled. So did Graham. A LOT!...all weekend! :) With or without the 2 mil I believe he's racing a N/H car in Mexico City!

Spicoli
08-18-06, 09:58 AM
wooohoo!

:thumbup:

NismoZ
08-18-06, 05:33 PM
AND, Haas on Rahal..."If we didn't do anything with him I'm sure they (referring to PKV) would. The chances of him being in ChampCar next year are pretty high." I think Bobby's 1st choice would be N/H as he has said what many have said about Team Penske in the past. He states, "Our view is anytime you get a chance to drive for Newman/Haas it would be pretty silly not to accept it." Neither Bobby nor Graham think a year or two in CC will hinder his efforts to get to F-1 considering his age. Take THAT you Eurocentrists! :D