PDA

View Full Version : Barron for Bremer

TU Homer
08-17-06, 01:15 PM
Interesting trade. Anyone know where Barron is going?

Glad to see Bremer back in the ChampCar organization.

-TU

Hameroids
08-17-06, 02:13 PM
Bremer is a fast mofo

Spicoli
08-17-06, 02:29 PM
Joe Bob thinks he got a call from RuSport.

Insomniac
08-17-06, 02:35 PM
Joe Bob thinks he got a call from RuSport.

That would be cool. If he does well, it could be an American invasion in 2007. :)

tifosi77
08-17-06, 02:38 PM
Barron has been this close to being nowhere in Atlantics. A guy with his experience is not even in the top 10 in points in the 'minors', I'm not sure what he could bring to Champ Car when drivers like RHR and Carp are still floating around.

Jayblues
08-17-06, 05:19 PM
Barron has been this close to being nowhere in Atlantics. A guy with his experience is not even in the top 10 in points in the 'minors', I'm not sure what he could bring to Champ Car when drivers like RHR and Carp are still floating around.

agreed

my bet is Bremmer will drive the 07 champ car polestar entry, just starting a little earlier (i.e is sponsorship check arrived early)

NismoZ
08-17-06, 09:02 PM
I agree. Bremer to CC for '07 but I can think of several more deserving Atlantic guys to do the same before RHR or Alex. Patreek had 2nd chances and chose to pass. I'd pass on him. It'd be nice if there was room for a bunch more, but... The winter testing should be VERY interesting!

Ed_Severson
08-17-06, 09:35 PM
I doubt very seriously that Barron ends up in a Champ Car ever again. I don't know anything you guys don't know, but I've been surprised by how uncompetitive he's been this year. I suspect his stock has dropped a lot all around the paddock.

SteveH
08-17-06, 10:40 PM
I thought is was very cool that Alex 'dropped down' to race in Atlantics. Until he disappeared. No mention at all this year.

TravelGal
08-18-06, 01:15 AM
I doubt very seriously that Barron ends up in a Champ Car ever again. I don't know anything you guys don't know, but I've been surprised by how uncompetitive he's been this year. I suspect his stock has dropped a lot all around the paddock.

Was thinking the same thing. Wonder if there are extenuating circumstances like POS equipment (hard with new cars, I know...). I never thought too much of him before but I was surprised he couldn't cut the mustard any better than he has in Atlantics.

Bremer, on the other hand, could be an idiot (no hijacks please) but he sure could be fast. I'd love to see him back and on the way UP! ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
08-18-06, 11:54 PM
Would love to see Alex back in CC.