PDA

View Full Version : Equal opportunity Schu bashing

Cam
08-17-06, 12:30 PM
Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being,"

:eek: Link (http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/story/0,,1851925,00.html) :gomer: :D

Dr. Corkski
08-17-06, 12:49 PM
Bye. :gomer:

racer2c
08-17-06, 01:12 PM
JV has a severe sense of over-inflated self importance, but I don't disagree with anything he said in the article. :)

Ankf00
08-17-06, 01:42 PM
$10M of his own personal savings for tsunami relief says he's just as good, if not a better human being than Jacque$$$ (who, granted, does have his own charity).

But he's still a dirty, lying, cheating, pointy-chinned bastige. :p

RichK
08-17-06, 01:55 PM
The Schumacher stuff is pretty lame, but I thought this was interesting, and likely the reason Valentino Rossi didn't want to move to F1:

Villeneuve also believes that formula one has spawned a generation of drivers who are so intimidated by their teams that they lack the ability to think for themselves - or analyse any responsibility they might have for driving errors on the circuit. "Some drivers are totally willing to accept what their teams tell them - namely that they're at the bottom of the food chain," he said. "You know, 'You're here to drive, nothing more.'

"That affects their mind-sets adversely and that's why you never really get drivers admitting culpability in racing incidents these days. They can't even recognise their own culpability because they've been programmed not to admit to it. And because less intelligence and responsibility are expected of them, they display less intelligence and responsibility, which is ultimately a safety problem."

TrueBrit
08-17-06, 02:10 PM
I completely agree with what Villeneuve said. However, I don't think the dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard will be forgotten, instead he will be remembered for his fatally-flawed character rather than his massive accumulation of various F-1 records....

racer2c
08-17-06, 02:28 PM
I completely agree with what Villeneuve said. However, I don't think the dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard will be forgotten, instead he will be remembered for his fatally-flawed character rather than his massive accumulation of various F-1 records....

It was either David Hobbs or Steve Matchett, I forget which one, but during one the the F1 races this year he said in his opinion MS is not the same caliber of driver as past champions. Paraphrased of course. :)

FTG
08-17-06, 04:00 PM
Villeneuve also believes that formula one has spawned a generation of drivers who are so intimidated by their teams that they lack the ability to think for themselves - or analyse any responsibility they might have for driving errors on the circuit. "Some drivers are totally willing to accept what their teams tell them - namely that they're at the bottom of the food chain," he said. "You know, 'You're here to drive, nothing more.'

Jacques biggest problem is that he thinks the driver is supposed to drive the car, when his main job is to schmooze sponsors, so sponsors write checks, so the engineers can afford to make the car go faster.

Methanolandbrats
08-20-06, 12:17 AM
Jack is a lazy playboy who can only drive a perfect car because he cannot be bothered to test. He is a total dick.

Indy
08-20-06, 01:38 AM
JV may be a dick, but I think he is right about everything he says in this article.

ferrarigod
08-20-06, 02:12 AM
JV may be a dick, but I think he is right about everything he says in this article.

perhaps he should turn that killer instinct into the workings of personality into a mirror so as to examine his own specimen.

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-06, 11:42 AM
kenny brack>jacques villeneuve :gomer:

TrueBrit
08-21-06, 11:44 AM
kenny brack>jacques villeneuve :gomer:

Kenny Brack won the F-1 World Drivers Championship?

Really?

When was that?

:shakehead :gomer: :thumdown:

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-06, 11:51 AM
I was talking about his music :gomer:

TrueBrit
08-21-06, 01:15 PM
I was talking about his music :gomer:

Aah.....

They BOTH suck at that don't they? ;)

RichK
08-21-06, 01:40 PM
I'll bet Schuie plays awesome Kraftwerk covers...

Cam
08-21-06, 03:03 PM
I'll bet Schuie plays awesome Kraftwerk covers...

I heard he does an awesome job of 99 luft baloons at karaoke bars. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-06, 03:46 PM
:gomer: (http://www.myspace.com/jvofficial) <-------- :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
08-21-06, 04:08 PM
:gomer: (http://www.myspace.com/jvofficial) <-------- :rofl:Emo. :laugh:

ferrarigod
08-21-06, 05:44 PM
DJ Slim Schuey:
http://www.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/38597_2.gif

racer2c
08-21-06, 09:54 PM
DJ Slim Schuey:
http://www.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/38597_2.gif

It makes me kinda feel funny to know his watch cost more than my house. :saywhat:

racer2c
08-23-06, 10:41 PM
Regarding Monaco 06 "Rascasse-gate";

"Jackie Stewart: “This was too blatant. When you see it in slow motion, turning the wheel one way and then the other, he had plenty of time to do something.”

Keke Rosberg: “He’s a cheap cheat. He should go home and leave the sport to honest people.”

“He braked over 50 percent more heavily on that lap than on any of his other laps,” said Verdegay. “Then he did some totally unnecessary and pathetic counter-steering. That lasted five meters, until there was no longer any chance of getting through the turn normally. The speed at which he allegedly lost control was 16kph [10mph]. That’s very difficult to accept. And the engine [which, like all modern F1 engines, is protected by an anti-stall device] shut off only because he wanted it to, and he did that by waiting enough time before engaging the clutch.”

Schumacher, who has driven for the Scuderia since 1996, has grown up under the protective umbrella of that perceived preferment, and a consequent “it won’t happen to me” feeling may well have contributed to his well-attested intrepidity in terms of rule-optimiZation. Not cheating, let us be clear, because until Monaco 2006 no race steward had ever issued a pronouncement that could be construed as a “Michael Schumacher cheated” verdict.

But no other driver has ever attempted to win a grand prix from his pit garage (Silverstone 1998); and drive his damaged car onto the racing line, switch off the engine, and remain inside it in the hope that the race would therefore have to be restarted for safety reasons (A1-Ring 2000); and require his teammate to cede the lead of a grand prix within feet of the flag (A1-Ring 2002); and attempt to stage a dead-heat for a laugh a few races later (Indianapolis 2002); and so on; and, apart from the odd insignificant fine, get away with it all. And, in that context, is it really so very surprising that Schumacher, who is also by a country-mile the most successful driver in grand prix history, should dare to venture where other drivers fear to tread? Surely, it is not.

Schumacher, who has driven for the Scuderia since 1996, has grown up under the protective umbrella of that perceived preferment, and a consequent “it won’t happen to me” feeling may well have contributed to his well-attested intrepidity in terms of rule-optimiZation. Not cheating, let us be clear, because until Monaco 2006 no race steward had ever issued a pronouncement that could be construed as a “Michael Schumacher cheated” verdict.

His collision with Villeneuve's Williams at Spain in 1997 was another controversial milestone in Schumacher's career.

But no other driver has ever attempted to win a grand prix from his pit garage (Silverstone 1998); and drive his damaged car onto the racing line, switch off the engine, and remain inside it in the hope that the race would therefore have to be restarted for safety reasons (A1-Ring 2000); and require his teammate to cede the lead of a grand prix within feet of the flag (A1-Ring 2002); and attempt to stage a dead-heat for a laugh a few races later (Indianapolis 2002); and so on; and, apart from the odd insignificant fine, get away with it all. And, in that context, is it really so very surprising that Schumacher, who is also by a country-mile the most successful driver in grand prix history, should dare to venture where other drivers fear to tread? Surely, it is not.

From F1 Racing article via Speed. Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/31565/)

coolhand
08-23-06, 11:59 PM
what did he do at silverstone in 1998?

chop456
08-24-06, 02:40 AM
He was given a stop and go penalty for passing under yellow or while the safety car was out - I can't remember which, (or who he passed for that matter). He served it on the last lap, taking the checkers and the victory because he didn't have to lose the lead by traveling the whole length of pit lane/pit out under the speed limit. Legal? Yes. Honorable? Well, you don't earn points for that, do you?

Mike's been snakebit at Silverstone. :gomer:

The Ty Cobb of F1.

Ozarkian
08-24-06, 06:24 AM
The Ty Cobb of F1.

Interesting comparison. Seems to fit in a lot of ways.

tifosi77
08-24-06, 07:29 PM
He was given a stop and go penalty for passing under yellow or while the safety car was out - I can't remember which, (or who he passed for that matter). He served it on the last lap, taking the checkers and the victory because he didn't have to lose the lead by traveling the whole length of pit lane/pit out under the speed limit. Legal? Yes. Honorable? Well, you don't earn points for that, do you?
What was so laughable about that whole episode was that the stewards took so long to inform Ferrari of the penalty that it technically no longer mattered. Back then, passing under yellows was a stop-go penalty for which the team had to be notified in writing within 15 minutes of the infraction. It was closer to 25 mintues, iirc, before Ferrari were notified, so if they had so chose, they wouldn't have had to even serve the stop-go.

But Todt informed Michael of his penalty and brought him in on the last lap, crossing the start/finish line on the way to his pit. The really weird thing, tho, was that Michael then left the pits and did two more laps!!

:confused:

(BTW, I think it was Alex Wurz he passed under yellows)

And again iirc the steward that day was the same steward who the next year at Malaysia tossed out the Ferraris for illegal bargeboards by using an improper measuring technique. (He took the boards off the car to measure the 'shadow' which showed as illegal.... but the parts are to be measured on the car, and when mounted properly the device twisted a bit bringing it into line) I think that guy ended up having his stewards license revoked/suspended for a year, and he was banned for life for ever being the head steward at a grand prix.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Schumacher or Todt (I've not been a Ferrari fan since they changed the color 'red' to suit Marlboro). But there are enough external shenanigans in some of their controversies for me to give them a pass from time to time.

I won't give them grief for team orders at Austria 2001, for example.... but a pox on the houses of Todt and Schumacher for team orders at Austria 2002.