PDA

View Full Version : Hey Spicoli; Rush at Wawa :-)

racer2c
08-16-06, 10:09 PM
I ran out to our corner Wawa (chain of gas station convienince stores) and what was on the Muzak but none other than the entire Temple of Syrinx! I filled the tank and washed every window just so I could jam out to it. Haven't heard it in 20 some years and I gotta say, it sounded cool.
Thought of you and laughed. :saywhat:

LOL!

Temple of Syrinx on Muzak! Funny $%^. Whodathunkit!

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-06, 11:30 PM
thanks for blogging :gomer:

racer2c
08-17-06, 12:12 AM
thanks for blogging :gomer:

Geddy hates you.

Spicoli
08-17-06, 08:20 AM
That's awesome.

I too have heard bizzaro music on Muzak as of late. Even TV commercials are playing crazy schlitz anymore - stuff that would have made most of us freak out just a few years ago.

As a matter of fact, I heard New Order at Applebees just the other day. :p (Sorry, had to do it)

Seriously, I'm not sure iof it's a) we're all getting older or b) the world is, finally, getting some decent taste in music.

But I must ask....after you heard Temples of Syrinx, did you have an uncontrollable urge to go break out the 3 foot Graphics with the Gattlin bowl and just annihilate your lungage? :rofl:

Don Quixote
08-17-06, 08:54 AM
I too have heard bizzaro music on Muzak as of late.
A couple of years ago a friend and I heard "Bang a Gong" on an elevator. I think Temples of Syrinx beats that though.

Ankf00
08-17-06, 08:54 AM
If you're eating at Applebee's, I can only assume it's because you're getting too old.

Spicoli
08-17-06, 09:03 AM
I heard Fu Mancu at Jimmy John's sub shop the other day. Pilot the Dune or whatever that song title is. :)

http://www.fu-manchu.com/picturetitle2.jpg

Wheel-Nut
08-17-06, 09:15 AM
That's awesome.

. . . crazy schlitz . . . .

Did someone mention Schlitz?

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/schlitz2.jpg

Ankf00
08-17-06, 09:20 AM
s'all about the Mickey's Grenades :gomer:

RusH
08-17-06, 09:56 AM
this topic is sick :shakehead

:gomer:

racer2c
08-17-06, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't have bothered mentioning this if the song had been one of their more mainstream songs like Tom Sawyer or Subdivisions, but Temple of Syrinx! That's f'n cool. Now, if it had been something off of Caress of Steel, I probably would have freaked out. :laugh:

dando
08-17-06, 02:16 PM
Poll: which one is 2c and which is Spickly:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/drewski421/beavis.jpg

:gomer: :p :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
08-17-06, 02:28 PM
I am, without a doubt, the guy on the right. http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/smoke.gif

racer2c
08-17-06, 02:30 PM
And considering that right this minute, I am wearing a skull belt buckle I'm the guy on the left. :)

Spicoli
08-17-06, 03:05 PM
And considering that right this minute, I am wearing a skull belt buckle I'm the guy on the left. :)

and its not even causual Friday?! :eek:

dando
08-17-06, 03:09 PM
and its not even causual Friday?! :eek:
He's a developer (aka: code monkey)....damn lucky he even wears pants to the office. :gomer:

-Kevin

racer2c
08-17-06, 03:14 PM
He's a developer (aka: code monkey)....damn lucky he even wears pants to the office. :gomer:

-Kevin

Plus, I work from home and it could very well be that ALL I'm wearing right now is a skull belt buckle. I'd have to check. :)

Wheel-Nut
08-17-06, 03:15 PM
"A Passage To Bangkok"

Our first stop is in Bogota
To check Colombian fields
The natives smile and pass along
A sample of their yield
Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
Golden Acapulco nights
Then Morocco, and the East
Fly by morning light

[Chorus:]
We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil
Pulling into Katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The Express gets you there

[Chorus]

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Spicoli
08-17-06, 03:22 PM
Plus, I work from home and it could very well be that ALL I'm wearing right now is a skull belt buckle. I'd have to check. :)

:rofl:

dando
08-17-06, 08:23 PM
Shoulda put office in quotes. ;) @ least you aren't like the guys in my group that have lunches scheduled by days of the week....same_places_every_week. :saywhat:

-Kevin

racer2c
08-17-06, 08:57 PM
Shoulda put office in quotes. ;) @ least you aren't like the guys in my group that have lunches scheduled by days of the week....same_places_every_week. :saywhat:

-Kevin

I do miss lunches with my boys. We had our regular haunts but never a set schedule. That's really bad.

Man, we had ate some great food too. Fall Church's (DC suburb in VA) has great Indian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese (dim sum, not American Gen Tso stuff, even though I do enjoy some Gen Tso too).
My wife would get so mad. She'd find the receipts in my pockets and I'd get the third degree about spending $100~ bucks a week on lunches.

Once a month I go to the only Pho shop in my little redneck town. It's horrible compared to the awesome places up North, but it's better than nothin and I'm the only one in the place. In Falls Church Pho98 has a line out the door on cold rainy days (the best weather for Pho).

Speaking of Asian soup, I haven't had a decent bowl of Tom Yum in two years. I'm making myself hungry.

Now I eat crap from the fridge.

/blog. :)

dando
08-17-06, 09:03 PM
Man, we had ate some great food too. Fall Church's (DC suburb in VA) has great Indian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese (dim sum, not American Gen Tso stuff, even though I do enjoy some Gen Tso too).

Yup. I used to stay there and commute into DC for visits w/friends in the early to mid 80s, when it was an outpost like Sterling/IAD was. I went back about 10 years later and it had been overtaken by our Asian friends (not that there is anything wrong with that). Good eats. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Rob
08-17-06, 10:27 PM
I heard Metallica's "Enter Sandman" piped through a local bank a couple years ago. It wasn't a Muzak version, it was the actual song.

racer2c
08-17-06, 10:35 PM
I heard Metallica's "Enter Sandman" piped through a local bank a couple years ago. It wasn't a Muzak version, it was the actual song.

Just to clarify, the song I heard was the actual song also, not an orchestrated remake. I just used the Muzac name as some that is played in public places.

Opposite Lock
08-17-06, 11:13 PM

I swear the same thing happened to me, about 4 years ago. And then right after, I heard a ringtone version of it, from an unlikely source on the street.

:izgottabethesong: :gomer: