PDA

View Full Version : AJ Talkin Nascar Trash

cart7
04-13-03, 12:31 PM
from jayski.com

A.J. Foyt Speaks Out: A.J. Foyt, a team owner in both the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series and NASCAR Winston Cup [#14 Harrah's Dodge which is sitting out this week at Martinsville], had harsh words for NASCAR on Saturday for its recent inconsistency in its rules. Foyt's comments stem from the yellow flag decision at Texas Motor Speedway two weeks ago, to last week's race-winning pass where Dale Earnhardt Jr. clearly went below the yellow out of bounds like to pass race leader Matt Kenseth. "More people are waking up to NASCAR, but they are afraid to speak out," Foyt said. "I have nothing to lose, either way. The yellow flag thing is a bad deal and one of these days, someone will get killed over it. I don't care what you write about. I call a spade a spade, good or bad. That's how I feel about plate racing. What has happened the last three weeks, it's something different every week. I think the world of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and I think the world of Tony Stewart, but whoever that judge was should be thrown out of the organization or should be the judge of a bathroom whether boys or girls go in. If he looks at the yellow line thing and says it was right, then he was wrong." Foyt was also steamed that NASCAR disqualified his son's [Larry Foyt, driver of the #14] qualification attempt last week at Talladega for a rules violation for being too low. Subsequently, Foyt did not make the 43-car starting lineup. "After what NASCAR did to me at Talladega last week, we didn't see any point in going up to Martinsville and tearing something up," Foyt said. "The deal they did to us at Talladega was a big (bleep)-off deal, so (bleep) them. I'm like Dale Earnhardt was when he was alive, those (bleeping) plate races (stink). NASCAR is so crooked. Whoever you are, I don't care what you say, if you can't see that, then you are blind. Why should you take out that many cars if you are racing?" Foyt believes it's time NASCAR recognize that restrictor-plate racing has only made the events at Daytona and Talladega more dangerous, rather than allow teams to race above 200 miles per hour and let the cars spread out more naturally rather than bunch them together. "All it is any more, restrictor-plate cars is a glorified IROC race, that's all it is," Foyt said. "If you are going to go racing, then go racing. But if you want an IROC race, then just call it an IROC race. I've never been for plate racing, I never will be. It's just like racing back to the yellow, I'm glad to see Jeff Gordon speak out against that. Racing shouldn't be who is a complete idiot on the yellow flag. It's a different ball game than it used to be. It's not getting any better, it's getting worse." Between yellow flags, yellow lines and other NASCAR inconsistencies, Foyt admits he is losing interest in what is currently the most popular form of racing in the United States.(FoxSports/SportsTicker)(4-12-2003)

Comments Dave ??

:D

Sean O'Gorman
04-13-03, 12:47 PM
Uh huh. Anyone know if Babelfish does a Gibberish to English translation?

I guess he has a point about Talladega, but beyond that, who cares. This isn't AJ Foyt the racing legend talking, its AJ Foyt, car owner of the biggest suckass no talent hack in NASCAR, so I'm sure NASCAR will just ignore the comments.