PDA

View Full Version : GP Masters - Silverstone (Spoiler)

chop456
08-13-06, 11:47 AM
[Spoiler Below]

Hats off to Cheever. :thumbup:

The guy finally wins a race of some significance. It's just unfortunate it had to come at a time when his career's already been over for 10 years.

At least he now has something to put on his formerly blank resume.

Eddie Cheever. Real Itali...er....American hero. :thumbup:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37024

Fio1
08-13-06, 01:33 PM
I guess he learned something in Grand-Am! :thumbup:

extramundane
08-13-06, 03:42 PM
"Polesitter Christian Danner" tells me all I need to know about this race. :thumdown:

Fio1
08-13-06, 04:32 PM
"Polesitter Christian Danner" tells me all I need to know about this race. :thumdown:

No, that guy is actually pretty good! He just never got a shot a decent car in F1 or Champcars.

extramundane
08-13-06, 04:47 PM
No, that guy is actually pretty good! He just never got a shot a decent car in F1 or Champcars.

When he drove for Project Indy, he didn't do any better than Dennis Vitolo or Arnd Meier. He's the German Eddie Cheever (except, apparently, not as good).

nissan gtp
08-13-06, 04:51 PM
When he drove for Project Indy, he didn't do any better than Dennis Vitolo or Arnd Meier. He's the German Eddie Cheever (except, apparently, not as good).

ouch, now that really hurts :rofl:

devilmaster
08-13-06, 05:03 PM
He's the German Eddie Cheever (except, apparently, not as good).

I didn't think Danner was that much of a d***wad.

Rob
08-13-06, 05:43 PM
Danner was the '85 F3000 champ, so he wasn't that bad. It's hard to be world champion when you're stuck driving an Osella, Arrows or Zakspeed.

Dr. Corkski
08-13-06, 08:15 PM
Danner was the '85 F3000 champ, so he wasn't that bad. It's hard to be world champion when you're stuck driving an Osella, Arrows or Zakspeed.But the dude finished 4th at the 89 USGP in a Rial!

Of course, Cheever finished on the podium in that race. :gomer:

extramundane
08-13-06, 09:53 PM
But the dude finished 4th at the 89 USGP in a Rial!

Of course, Cheever finished on the podium in that race. :gomer:

There were, what, 7 cars running at the end? Katherine Legge could have podiumed that race.

TrueBrit
08-13-06, 10:17 PM
Is that televised anywhere in the US?

Christmas Dinner was very under-rated IMHO...

Dr. Corkski
08-13-06, 10:29 PM
There were, what, 7 cars running at the end? Katherine Legge could have podiumed that race.Well, technically 5 and a half.

Boutsen's car in 6th was going around slower than Legge. Herbert finished 5th but he couldn't feel his ankles, which makes it rather tough around a beach volleyball party. Tarquini blew his engine 2 laps from the end. Make your own conclusions.

Rogue Leader
08-14-06, 09:50 PM
There were, what, 7 cars running at the end? Katherine Legge could have podiumed that race.

Similar to Olivier Panis's win in the 94 Monaco GP.... there were 3 cars left!

racer2c
08-14-06, 09:57 PM

That was Toyota's fault. :)

Rogue Leader
08-15-06, 07:25 PM

Hmm... Panis was a solid driver, I dont know that he would have ever really been a contender, but the closest he came to a competitive ride was 3rd Driver for McLaren..... Too bad.....

Easy
08-16-06, 10:29 AM

No, it was NHR cheating.

eiregosod
08-19-06, 05:04 PM
Nice job by the Cheever in the rain.

aren't the GP Masters cars made from recuycled 1999 Reynard Champcars?

Cheever spent every waking minute pissing all over the actual champcar cars and saying how utterly boring road racing is. Cheever then jumps into a Eurocentric road racing league. I excpet all ths to lost on the gomers at the hate sites, the smae gomers who wetted themselves when they read Eddie's pontifications regarding champcars. Enjoy the win in a real racing car against real competition. :D

theunions
08-19-06, 06:49 PM

Not sure about 1999 specifically, but otherwise this is spot-on.

nrc
08-19-06, 06:56 PM
So did Walker make anything on this?

pchall
08-19-06, 08:58 PM
So did Walker make anything on this?

I would hope so, since Walker bought the intellectual property rights for the Reynard Champ Car design out of receivership as well as an extensive parts inventory. As I recall, the 1999 Reynard was the last really "new" Reynard (except for the Penske developments), which accounts for so many teams switching to Lola by 2001. The question is whether Penske's deal has any effect on the situation? Penske paid for the right to manufacture and develop the Reynard design independently at Poole and it could be that the GP Masters cars are built under that licensing agreement since a group called Force 10 tried to market the Reynske developments seperately from Walker in 2003.

JohnHKart
08-20-06, 05:15 PM

John

JohnHKart
08-20-06, 05:16 PM
Nice job by the Cheever in the rain.

. :D

Yes they are.

John