PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 Winners Arrested!

TKGAngel
08-10-06, 11:26 AM
CNN.com linkie-thingie (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/racing/08/09/bc.car.unsersarrested.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)

What part of 'when a cop tells you to stop, you stop' did these men not understand? :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
08-10-06, 11:47 AM
Can't wait til the Unser family mugshot collection comes out!

Collect all 4! :gomer:

DagoFast
08-10-06, 12:04 PM
Slightly OT but still relevant:

There was a great story that Parnelli Jones once told. Way back in the early sixties, Parnelli (who hates to fly) and his wife drove back to Albuquerque with Bobby and his wife after a race in Phoenix.

Arriving on the outskirts of Albuquerque early in the morning, Parnelli stopped and was sitting at the first red light. Bobby awoke and told him "go on through, I know all the cops, it's OK. Go!" The next red traffic light it was same thing "Don't stop, just go on thru" said Bobby.

Parnelli quickly became at ease with this routine and kept blowing thru the red lights and Bobby settled back down. Upon approaching an intersection that was green Bobby came out of the seat yelling "Stop! Stop!" Parnelli stood the car on the front bumper and asked Bobby "What the hell? Bobby replied "You can't just go sailing thru under green! Al might be coming the other way!"

Wally
08-10-06, 12:07 PM
Can't wait til the Unser family mugshot collection comes out!

Collect all 4! :gomer:

Here you go...http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?ID=16624

Living in the same city with this family for the last forty years I can say nothing surprises me. If you recall this is Bobbies third altercation with LEO.
Major pr$$k to be around. :shakehead

devilmaster
08-10-06, 12:15 PM
Slightly OT but still relevant:

There was a great story that Parnelli Jones once told. Way back in the early sixties, Parnelli (who hates to fly) and his wife drove back to Albuquerque with Bobby and his wife after a race in Phoenix.

Arriving on the outskirts of Albuquerque early in the morning, Parnelli stopped and was sitting at the first red light. Bobby awoke and told him "go on through, I know all the cops, it's OK. Go!" The next red traffic light it was same thing "Don't stop, just go on thru" said Bobby.

Parnelli quickly became at ease with this routine and kept blowing thru the red lights and Bobby settled back down. Upon approaching an intersection that was green Bobby came out of the seat yelling "Stop! Stop!" Parnelli stood the car on the front bumper and asked Bobby "What the hell? Bobby replied "You can't just go sailing thru under green! Al might be coming the other way!"

Be careful handling that joke. Its old ya know.... ;) :laugh:

RichK
08-10-06, 12:15 PM
For all their accomplishments, the first thing I think of when I hear "Al Unser Sr." is that drunk interview at IMS with Jack Arute.

extramundane
08-10-06, 12:28 PM
Bernalillo County Sheriffs Dept. just doesn't know what Indy means. :cry:

Wheel-Nut
08-10-06, 12:51 PM
Bobby is actually smiling.

http://www.krqe.com/storyimages/8-9-06unserb.jpg

Wally
08-10-06, 12:57 PM
Check out Bobbies video interview here......... :shakehead

http://www.kobtv.com/snapshotskob/html/27226.html

Fio1
08-10-06, 01:00 PM
What part of 'when a cop tells you to stop, you stop' did these men not understand? :shakehead

What part of Unser Blvd do these flat-footed, over paid meter maid not understand. Hey, they named the street after them, therefore they are allowed to travel down that street anytime. ;) j/k :laugh:

But, sometimes cops get a little too crazy. If you stop and actually talk with them, and tell them you live right there, maybe they'll let them go. Once they had a road block on my street. I went to the road block, pointed at my house, pointed at an empty parking spot 15 feet from where the cop was standing and asked if it was cool to cross the road block, park there and walk home. He said, no problem.

Wally
08-10-06, 01:24 PM
Bernalillo County Sheriff White likes to model himself after Sheriff Arpaio over in Maricopa County...yikes! SWAT was on scene and in charge since shots were being fired at LOE......I am not defending our sheriff mind you.
I think it could have been avoided by the Unser's.

indyfan31
08-10-06, 01:37 PM
But, sometimes cops get a little too crazy. If you stop and actually talk with them, and tell them you live right there, maybe they'll let them go. Once they had a road block on my street. I went to the road block, pointed at my house, pointed at an empty parking spot 15 feet from where the cop was standing and asked if it was cool to cross the road block, park there and walk home. He said, no problem.
Not always apparently. Some "suspect" was loose in my neighborhood once, sherriffs blocked off both ends of my street. Leaving for work I drove up to the cop and asked if they'd found the guy, he said "not yet". So I drove a little past him, made a u-turn AROUND HIS CAR to go back to my house and he stopped me, said NO ONE was getting in. I explained to him I had to tell my wife to keep house locked up, he told me to go to pay phone. I called him a jerk an took off. Now THAT was an a-hole.

pchall
08-10-06, 01:46 PM
There was that outstanding warrant on Helio Castroneves et al for grand theft dating back to 2002... I was thinking that he/they finally got picked up.

TRANSAM
08-10-06, 07:07 PM
I think I've seen this movie:

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

You gonna get used to wearin' them chains afer a while, Luke. Don't you never stop listenin' to them clinking. 'Cause they gonna remind you of what I been saying. For your own good.

Would probably have happened to him sooner or later anyway, a complainer like him. He gotta learn the rules the same as anybody else.

Anybody here? Hey, Old Man. You home tonight? Can You spare a minute. It's about time we had a little talk. I know I'm a pretty evil fellow... killed people in the war and got drunk... and chewed up municipal property and the like. I know I got no call to ask for much... but even so, You've got to admit You ain't dealt me no cards in a long time. It's beginning to look like You got things fixed so I can't never win out. Inside, outside, all of them... rules and regulations and bosses. You made me like I am. Now just where am I supposed to fit in? Old Man, I gotta tell You. I started out pretty strong and fast. But it's beginning to get to me. When does it end? What do You got in mind for me? What do I do now? Right. All right.

Yeah, them poor old bosses need all the help they can get.

Look Cap'n, look what he done to Blue. He's dead, he's dead. he run himself plum to death.

Oh Luke, you wild, beautiful thing. You crazy handful of nothin'.

Well Arletta, things are just never the way they seem, you know that. Sometimes a man just has to go his own way.

TRANSAM
08-11-06, 10:11 AM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0810061unser1.html

Fio1
08-11-06, 02:26 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0810061unser1.html

That's classic! I thought they were together. :laugh: Amazingly, Bobby was reportedly unaware that his younger brother had been busted minutes earlier.

Andrew Longman
08-15-06, 05:40 PM
The Unsers were the reason I became a Mario fan as a kid. Especially Booby. What a maroon.

The video is classic. "I said he was a bully in a nice way..." That'll work. :rolleyes: And the cop is friends with Lil Al to boot?

"The world thinks I'm smart..." Uhhh, not really.

Arrested as many times as he has been you'd think he's know:

a) Cops sometimes aren't nice. They don't have to be
b) You have to be nice to cops
c) You have to do whatever they say and they don't have to give you a reason
d) They take away your valuables in jail so they don't get taken from you (and so you don't "spend it")
e) Shut up and call a lawyer

Someone might remember better than I about the snowmobiling on protect land arrest. Aside from almost dying didn't he also make that worse by making a stink about it and lying that he didn't know he was on protected land? Maybe I have that wrong.

Sounds to me like two old coots who think Indy means more than it does.

Rocketdoc
08-15-06, 06:30 PM
Bobby is actually smiling.

http://www.krqe.com/storyimages/8-9-06unserb.jpg

Bobby might not know where he is... or what planet he's on.

Don Quixote
08-15-06, 06:55 PM
That's classic! I thought they were together. :laugh: Amazingly, Bobby was reportedly unaware that his younger brother had been busted minutes earlier.
That's funny. If Little Al had been there, he would have made it a triple. :gomer: