PDA

View Full Version : How awesome was Alonso the first couple laps?

Fio1
08-06-06, 11:24 PM
Man, that was amazing! He didn't even get to out-break anybody in T1, because he was blocked and he still ended up 5th after lap 1! From 15th to 5th and past everyone the hard way. :eek: He looked like a World Champion today and reminded me of Senna today. I'm glad Jenson finally won one, but Alonso really deserved the win. He was absolutely awesome! :thumbup:

ilferrari
08-07-06, 01:44 PM
Yes, Alonso really impressed me yesterday, he was just unlucky with the safety car trashing his 30-second lead, then having his problem at the rear of the car taking him off.

racer2c
08-07-06, 01:46 PM
I thought of Senna when watching Alonso carve through the field and find grip on the outside of corners. Rain is the great equalizer but some are more equal than others. :)

That race was one folks will remember. Rain races tend to do that.

I want to add that I thought his little stunt on Friday was unbecoming.

Insomniac
08-07-06, 02:43 PM
:thumbup: to Alonso on the first lap. He would've been even further up had the Red Bull (Coulthard?) not pushed him aside. I think he would've been past MS as well. Alonso and MS cut through the field almost perfectly in the opening lap. It was amazing to see actual passing. Reminds me of Zanardi coming from last to win in Cleveland. Awesome race.

oddlycalm
08-07-06, 02:59 PM
Alonso and MS cut through the field almost perfectly in the opening lap. Indeed, and MS did not have a great package to do it with. As I posted on another thread, the top drivers certainly showed why they are the top drivers. Kimi drove well also right up until he drove over the speed bump... :gomer:

At the time I was also thinking that Flav must believe Kovalainen is the second coming of Alonso because Fizzie is barely a solid 2nd tier driver.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
08-09-06, 11:11 PM
Alonso was very awesome. Shades of Senna.

Tony George
08-09-06, 11:39 PM
I think Fred did have a little help...

http://www.cinefex.com/weeklyupdate/artwork/images/week_28/image_07.jpg

ferrarigod
08-11-06, 09:51 PM
Alonso was very awesome. Shades of Senna.

:laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-11-06, 11:19 PM
:laugh:Well what did you want me to say? Shades of Sam Hornish Jr.? :gomer:

ferrarigod
08-12-06, 03:36 AM
Well what did you want me to say? Shades of Sam Hornish Jr.? :gomer:

If he has any shading, it must be a very low contrast :gomer:

emjaya
08-12-06, 05:42 AM
I am watching the race again tonight and in the ITV coverage, Alonso's move on MS was said to be "like Champ cars, on an oval". :laugh:

The message is getting out there. :cool:

tifosi77
08-16-06, 07:37 PM
When was the last time a driver overtook 10 cars on one lap? I think Justin Wilson did it - or came bloody close! - when he was driving the Minardi. (I think he went from P20 to P12 in Malaysia or something.) But then, he gradually got re-passed by nearly all of those cars.... an occupational hazzard when your work address is Faenza. ;)

Whatever, it was brillliant stuff by Alonso. Not Senna brilliant, but pretty effin' great, just the same.