PDA

View Full Version : Alonso Penalized for On-Track Behavior

Chitowncartfreak
08-04-06, 02:30 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/30276/

Looks like he'll be starting at the back of the pack.

oddlycalm
08-04-06, 02:37 PM
Alonso is normally very laid back so I'm guessing the pressure is starting to get to him. Since it may come down to one or two points at the end of the season, this is not what he wants to be doing. Starting at the back is a good way to get yourself taken out by a bonehead.

oc

Chitowncartfreak
08-04-06, 02:44 PM
And apart from Monte Carlo, I can't imagine a worse track to start from the back of the pack. He does appear to be cracking - I remember Hobbs and company constantly commenting on how cool and calm he is for such a young driver the past couple of seasons. Some of the stuff he pulled this morning was pretty silly.

indyfan31
08-04-06, 05:17 PM
That was an unnecessary stunt this morning, I can't believe he's letting the pressure get to him. Some of the comments he made (quoted by the Speed crew) are just bizarre, how can you throw in the towel when you're LEADING the Championship points battle.

spinner26
08-04-06, 05:19 PM
Starting at the back is a good way to get yourself taken out by a bonehead.

oc

It won't be Juan taking him out. :D

Cam
08-05-06, 08:27 AM
Karma... Gotta love it! :D

Spicoli
08-05-06, 08:42 AM
Now Chin gets a -2? :cry:

Wow.

FWIW, Scott Speed says: "That's Ridiculous!" :rofl:

Insomniac
08-05-06, 10:16 AM
Now Chin gets a -2? :cry:

Wow.

FWIW, Scott Speed says: "That's Ridiculous!" :rofl:

It made for an interesting qualifying session and should be an interesting race. I thought this morning, holy crap, Schumacher might make it into the top 10 session.

For the race, MS is P12, FA P15. Massa is P2 after getting knocked off pole by Kimi. Fisi is P8. Does Massa try real hard to get by Kimi? If he can't does he just let him get away so MS can catch up?

Will MS start real light (like Kimi accidentally did last week)? Can FA take off and get in front of MS on the start? Ferrari is definitely in a good position, MS is starting ahead of FA. Massa is way ahead of Fisi. Good for both point battles.

With Fisi's terrible qualifyng, Renault must really be looking to get Kimi for next year.

Spicoli
08-05-06, 02:59 PM
It made for an interesting qualifying session and should be an interesting race. I thought this morning, holy crap, Schumacher might make it into the top 10 session.

For the race, MS is P12, FA P15. Massa is P2 after getting knocked off pole by Kimi. Fisi is P8. Does Massa try real hard to get by Kimi? If he can't does he just let him get away so MS can catch up?

Will MS start real light (like Kimi accidentally did last week)? Can FA take off and get in front of MS on the start? Ferrari is definitely in a good position, MS is starting ahead of FA. Massa is way ahead of Fisi. Good for both point battles.

With Fisi's terrible qualifyng, Renault must really be looking to get Kimi for next year.

I hope so. As much of a McLaren fanboi as I am, they can't finish a race for ****. Kimi is a real talent that just needs a real program.

Insomniac
08-05-06, 05:17 PM
Button changed his engine so MS starts P11 and Alonso is still P15. I don't see how he can get past MS on the start now.