PDA

View Full Version : Foyt worried about reputation

oddlycalm
08-01-06, 03:27 PM
“I worry about my reputation a bit,” he said. “People know I’m not in this game to get beat. We will rebound, and that’s one of the things that drives me.”
Larry Foyt admitted Sunday at Michigan that his duties with the team “are a little vague at the moment.”Larry Foyt to assume more control of team (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/29962/)
Glad to see that sammich has figured out a recipe for success, except poor old Larry seems real confused about the details and is just sad not to be driving. :gomer:

As always, it would be hard to make this stuff up.

oc

Spicoli
08-01-06, 03:30 PM
This makes me really mis the old EARL, 1997-2001.

When gomers were gomers, and loved gomers on the track.

or:

When Foyt could win.

cameraman
08-01-06, 04:20 PM
“I worry about my reputation a bit,”

About a decade late on that one :shakehead

DagoFast
08-01-06, 11:23 PM
Closer to three decades.

Sad aint it? :gomer:

pchall
08-02-06, 07:50 AM
Closer to three decades.

Sad aint it? :gomer:

The long drought started after the June 1981 "victory" at that joke of a Pocono 500 where he beat of motley field of USAC loyalists and silver crown cars. 25 years of Foyt Futility have followed.

For the first five years it was sad as the depth of the CART field got better and better and Foyt Racing remained stagnant. The next twenty years have been either painfully embarassing or just plain pathetic. :shakehead

DagoFast
08-02-06, 02:40 PM
The long drought started after the June 1981 "victory" at that joke of a Pocono 500 where he beat of motley field of USAC loyalists and silver crown cars. 25 years of Foyt Futility have followed.

For the first five years it was sad as the depth of the CART field got better and better and Foyt Racing remained stagnant. The next twenty years have been either painfully embarassing or just plain pathetic. :shakehead

You are dead on about his "joke" of a win in '81 at Pocono. The first split was not kind to AJ, the second has been even less so. Strange he keeps picking the losing side. :shakehead

AJ should have quit and walked away in 1979, assured of a legendary place in the history books. He has squandered a huge amount of that status with his buffoonery since. A couple of generations now think of him as nothing more than a irrelevant old man, and have no idea of the stature he used to carry.

Even us dumb dago's figured out the error of our ways and jumped back to the winning side long before the last shot was fired in Europe in 1945.

Elmo T
08-02-06, 03:42 PM
AJ should have quit and walked away in 1979, assured of a legendary place in the history books. He has squandered a huge amount of that status with his buffoonery since. A couple of generations now think of him as nothing more than a irrelevant old man, and have no idea of the stature he used to carry.

AJ's racing credentials are second to none and the record books show that. I become a fan in the later part of AJ's career but I remember more of his off track shenanigans (I'll refrain from the Super Troopers reference ;) ) than any win. His time in the IRL sucked away his remaining credibility. :shakehead

Ankf00
08-02-06, 04:12 PM
eeeeeeeeevil shenanigans [/irish voice]

Don Quixote
08-02-06, 04:18 PM
Sorry, but the image burned in my mind is AJ eating that big ole' sammich. :p

eiregosod
08-16-06, 11:31 AM
I spare no sympathy with the dismal performance of AJ Foyt's team. Foyt got a brand new series (EARL) built so that his race team would not as bad. Great driver but lacks the skills to develop a real race team. I wonder if computer-phobia extends to whole operation, I wonder if his accounting dept. use an abacus :gomer:

racer2c
08-16-06, 12:11 PM
It is somewhat of a fact that AJ is still not getting the same engines as the other teams. :gomer:

eiregosod
08-16-06, 12:50 PM
sucks that Foyt is not a prefered customer :laugh: