PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Kermit?

rabbit
04-11-03, 03:06 PM
P12 and a full second behind PT, Bruno and Patreek despite running more laps than the three of them. He was even outpaced by Jeemy and RHR in Reynards. :saywhat: Was he having mechanical trouble or something?

RaceChic
04-11-03, 03:53 PM
Hasn't been able to hold it together for a whole race. Maybe lost the rookie cockiness an "no fear" attitude for now. Will make a come-back and in all liklihood will be a better balanced, well-rounded and competitive driver. Then they all better look out.....:gomer:

Kate
04-11-03, 07:26 PM
His glasses fogged up? Too many freedom fries?

Railbird
04-11-03, 09:20 PM
P3 after first quals, less than two tenths off the pole.

With Bruno jumping up to P2 I believe the early problem was a N/H thing.

nrc
04-11-03, 11:03 PM
He's a rookie learning a new track. He seems to be a pretty quick study. Now he just needs to keep it off the wall.

RaceChic
04-11-03, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by nrc
He's a rookie learning a new track. He seems to be a pretty quick study. Now he just needs to keep it off the wall.

Sounds good to me........:gomer:

Kate
04-12-03, 08:24 AM
But the real question is, has he been practicing his PIT STOPS?

Railbird
04-12-03, 08:55 AM
How about N/H settling on a conservative pit strategy and making sure all the radios work and the wheel guns are ready?

Bourdias job is to stand on the gas, most of his problems have stemmed from management decisions and equipment failures.

Bruno has been plagued with some of these same snafus.

RaceChic
04-12-03, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
How about N/H settling on a conservative pit strategy and making sure all the radios work and the wheel guns are ready?

Bourdias job is to stand on the gas, most of his problems have stemmed from management decisions and equipment failures.

Bruno has been plagued with some of these same snafus.

Interesting considering the same team really had it all together last year. The six car's pit crew anyway. The 11 car had glitches a fair bit. Wonder if they did a mix and match of the crews this year......:confused: :confused: :confused:

Kate
04-12-03, 08:39 PM
In both races he didn't come in when he was told to (Bruno didn't have this problem) and in both races he hit immovable walls that were there for the entire weekend right in the same place.

I can't see where either of these could be blamed on the team.

However, I do think he's going to benefit by having the camera turned on someone else this weekend and a few tidy finishes will do him good.

Did you hear that idiot on Speed TV say that he was going to call Bourdais a "Freedom Driver" since it was unpatriotic to refer to him as French? That was lame.

RARules
04-13-03, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Kate
Did you hear that idiot on Speed TV say that he was going to call Bourdais a "Freedom Driver" since it was unpatriotic to refer to him as French? That was lame.
Yeah, that's lame. But it at least reminded me of a great old tune from Traffic - "Freedom Rider" (circa 1970). Of course, "Freedom Rider" should always be played immediately after "Glad". If you don't know what I'm talking about, look for "John Barleycorn must Die" on Amazon.

Sorry for getting off-thread, but Traffic was a British band - a country that is part of the coalition... :D

Lizzerd
04-13-03, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by RARules
Yeah, that's lame. But it at least reminded me of a great old tune from Traffic - "Freedom Rider" (circa 1970). Of course, "Freedom Rider" should always be played immediately after "Glad". If you don't know what I'm talking about, look for "John Barleycorn must Die" on Amazon.

Sorry for getting off-thread, but Traffic was a British band - a country that is part of the coalition... :D

Sorry for staying off thread with you, but I LOVE your taste in music. "John Barlycorn Must Die" is to this day one of my favorite albums of all time!!! Ahhh... the memories... College dorm, pleasant aromas, lava lamps, illicit substances...

Traffic re-grouped and toured four or five years ago, ala The Eagles. Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, et al. I was there, third row. Awesome concert. The only problem I had with the show was that they turned "Mr. Fantasy" into a prolonged rock and roll tune. It was great, but it isn't a stand up hand clappin' kinda tune.

"Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" ain't bad, either.

Railbird
04-13-03, 10:29 AM
In both races he didn't come in when he was told to

At St Pete the team pitted him out of sequence intentionaly to avoid the crowded pit crunch. Bad decision

At Monterrey they had a miscommunication, whether it was a bad radio, bad timing or bad franco americano translation I don't know, but it is squarely on the team to instruct the rookie when to pit.

N/H has not been playing up to it's normal standards which is one of the main reasons my boy PT is having such an amazing run.

Lets hope they can pick it up today as I am much more interested in a good contest than I am a PT three in a row.

RaceChic
04-13-03, 11:04 AM
Lets hope they can pick it up today as I am much more interested in a good contest than I am a PT three in a row.

Wouldn't bother me in the least..... Would loooove it actually!!!!
Sorry..............:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Kate
04-13-03, 01:30 PM
I have photos of Stevie Winwood in 1964 when Traffic was practically a garage band and nobody in North America had any idea who they were. ;)

Also some good pictures of Manfred Mann and Billy J. Kramer from the same era. I'm sure they all look much the worse for wear these days.

===========

Didn't Bourdais actually miss the lap he was to come in on during St. Pete? I know he was out of sequence anyway bit I seem to remember him missing the pit entrance and having to take another lap.

Railbird
04-13-03, 04:05 PM
I have photos of Stevie Winwood in 1964 when Traffic was practically a garage band and nobody in North America had any idea who they were.

What about his "Spencer Davis Group" days?

Some of us North Americans were paying attention

Kate
04-14-03, 12:39 PM
Sorry, that is correct -- it was the SDG. I haven't looked at those pictures in about 100 years, but they're clearly marked all right. ;)

pchall
04-14-03, 12:51 PM
In both races he didn't come in when he was told to

...whether it was a bad radio, bad timing or bad franco americano translation I don't know, but it is squarely on the team to instruct the rookie when to pit.

No self-respecting Frenchman would pit for bad Franco American product from a can.

cartmanoz
04-15-03, 07:42 AM
Bourdais drove quite the sensible race on Sunday, kept his nose clean, was quick enough to stay in the top 6-8 most of the race and was looking good for a good haul of points when his engine blew. I think he's learned from the first two races that you can be as fast as you want, but crashing and DNF'ing doesn't get points.