Spicoli
07-30-06, 06:00 PM
lmfao.

:rofl:

dando
07-30-06, 06:02 PM
lmfao.

'splain. :confused: I'm stuck in an airport. Drinking beer. Life could be worse (I could be riding around in a crapwagon.) :gomer:

:beer:

-Kevin

Fio1
07-30-06, 06:03 PM
lmfao.

I don't get it. I'm sure it's funny, but I don't get it..... :laugh:

Rob
07-30-06, 06:05 PM
ABC/ESPN has about a dozen channels, but none of them seem to be able to show the rain-delayed IRL race live on the east coast. :D

dando
07-30-06, 06:08 PM
ABC/ESPN has about a dozen channels, but none of them seem to be able to show the rain-delayed IRL race live on the east coast. :D
Schweet! Must be a pressing commitment for the darts championship sweet 16 to televise....or is it dominoes this time? :gomer:

You win, FTG. **** you. :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
07-30-06, 06:10 PM
over on turdforum, there is the most epic meltdown in history. :rofl:

I guess it will be on ESPN217 at midnite. :p

Fio1

Oh ya, an IRL race today. Sorry, too busy watching real racing CCWS & Grand-Am. Did they actually show any of the race before cutting it off to show last weeks Motorcycle GP race from Laguna Seca? :shakehead That's funny! :rolleyes:

extramundane
"I have the names and numbers of higher ups at NBC." - Big D.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDwardo

That would be "coast to coast". :p

Spicoli
07-30-06, 06:12 PM
oh, this is golden: :D

Defender
Media Insider

NBC would happily pick up the IRL's contract in a heartbeat.

how do you know

Defender
Media Insider

I know.

Media insider. :rofl:

dando
07-30-06, 06:15 PM
Media insider. :rofl:

Larry the Cable Guy? :gomer:

(Apologies to Larry...no cable guys were actually harmed by this post) ;)

Beer, please!

-Kevin

dando
07-30-06, 06:22 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0730/rpm_g_michigan_412.jpg

Was this taken b4 or after the weather hit? :gomer:

-Kevin

KLang
07-30-06, 06:30 PM
I love it. :thumbup: :D

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

dando
07-30-06, 07:00 PM
This is frigging allsome!!!111!!11!1! Appears that the partner is fitting the race in during sports center in 2-3 minute chunks! :rofl: :gomer:

-Kevin

Cam
07-30-06, 07:16 PM
Server meltdown at Schneider Eng in 5... 4....

Spicoli
07-30-06, 07:16 PM
WIBC - AM, aka Gomer Central, just ditched the race to air......

http://home.pacifier.com/~scowl/Storm/Fever/69.jpg

:p

now they are on some country FM station.

I think there are 17 people listening total in the entire world. :laugh:

Fio1
07-30-06, 07:17 PM
The best part is that Bass Master's is on ESPN 2 and there is NO WAY in hell they would pre-empt Bass Master, with Danica or without.... :laugh: :rofl:

Cam
07-30-06, 07:22 PM
WIBC - AM, aka Gomer Central, just ditched the race to air......
:p

now they are on some country FM station.

I think there are 17 people listening total in the entire world. :laugh:

IOW... The Simons write really big cheques! :)

Andrew Longman
07-30-06, 07:24 PM
What was on ESPN Classic or ESPN News that couldn't be preempted for a few hours?

Seriously bad weekend over at TF

All but the hardest core saw the significance of the DP01. Even Defender said he liked how it looked.

I don't know how that sunshine thread will look tomorrow

extramundane
07-30-06, 07:28 PM
What was on ESPN Classic or ESPN News that couldn't be preempted for a few hours?

ESPN News ad infinitum and a boxing match from 2004. :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
07-30-06, 08:27 PM
Two funny things today from the track:

On my drive to the track, I was scanning around the radio for a weather report. I landed on a local traffic report. Traffic guy was reading off the accident locations and problems so I paused my scanning. Then, he announces that there's a race at MIS today and read some boilerplate blurb about delays, alternate routes, lines, highway bottlenecks, etc.. Then, I heard paper shuffling, and he says: "Oh wait. It's an Indy Car race. Nevermind. You shouldn't have to worry about delays." And, he was right. I drove straight to the parking lot without a single delay--just a few hours before the scheduled start time.

The other funny story involved Disney. The local Radio Disney outfit had a great kids area just outside in the fan area. The Disney girl had a whole gaggle of kids jumping and dancing in unison while she whipped things up over the PA system. She they starts shouting "Everyone! Say I love Mario Andretti!! I love Mario Andretti!!" I guess it was the only name she knew. (At least she didn't have them shouting "I love Dale Jr.!")

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79569

Winston Wolfe
07-30-06, 09:12 PM
I thought you meant the part about ABC is not going to air the NASCAR races on ABC network programming next year, when there are also IRL races on during the same weekend..... I read somewhere that they are going to be on the ESPN network, when the EARL v. NASCAR conflicts occur ???

Anyone else, see or hear that ? :eek:

nrc
07-30-06, 10:03 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0730/rpm_g_michigan_412.jpg

Was this taken b4 or after the weather hit? :gomer:

-Kevin
I know they've been closing more and more stands to keep their crowd looking decent, but that's ridiculous! :D

Chitowncartfreak
07-30-06, 10:53 PM
On my drive to the track, I was scanning around the radio for a weather report. I landed on a local traffic report. Traffic guy was reading off the accident locations and problems so I paused my scanning. Then, he announces that there's a race at MIS today and read some boilerplate blurb about delays, alternate routes, lines, highway bottlenecks, etc.. Then, I heard paper shuffling, and he says: "Oh wait. It's an Indy Car race. Nevermind. You shouldn't have to worry about delays." And, he was right. I drove straight to the parking lot without a single delay--just a few hours before the scheduled start time.

That is freakin' hilarious - and yet sad at the same time considering it has only been a mere 5 years since I sat in heavy traffic in the Irish Hills.

dando
07-30-06, 11:41 PM
First the 'broadcast' partner ditches the broadcast, and then Danicle throws a tantrum and goes ballistic on TRL. :rofl: :gomer: This is almost better'n Christmas in the trailer park. :thumbup:

:D

-Kevin

dando
07-30-06, 11:44 PM
yet sad at the same time considering it has only been a mere 5 years since I sat in heavy traffic in the Irish Hills.

Aye. I killed many a brain cell waiting out that traffic over the years. ;) :(

-Kevin

devilmaster
07-30-06, 11:50 PM
Aye. I killed many a brain cell waiting out that traffic over the years. ;) :(

-Kevin

I cut off and then raced Paul Tracy after the race one year..... :D

L1P1
07-30-06, 11:50 PM
This is frigging allsome!!!111!!11!1! Appears that the partner is fitting the race in during sports center in 2-3 minute chunks! :rofl: :gomer:

-Kevin

And reportedly, SportsCenter is also showing the PT/AT brawl and Bourdais' donuts. :rofl:

FCYTravis
07-30-06, 11:58 PM
Danica :shakehead :eek: :laugh:

dando
07-31-06, 12:09 AM
And reportedly, SportsCenter is also showing the PT/AT brawl and Bourdais' donuts. :rofl:
Yes, they did. I was in the PHL airport watching SC when they showed the MIS race update, and then 'highlights' of the PT/AT rumble shortly afterwards. Some guy asked me what was up with that, and I explained that it looked like Paul Tracy wrecked Alex @ the Champ Car race in SJ. Let's just say that it was a brief conversation. :(

-Kevin

Accipiter
07-31-06, 09:39 AM
Danica :shakehead :eek: :laugh:

Her tantrum is getting regular air-play on CNN Headline News this morning.

Spicoli
07-31-06, 09:44 AM
Her tantrum is getting regular air-play on CNN Headline News this morning.

I sure as F hope someone's got the video on this. :p

dando
07-31-06, 10:25 AM
I sure as F hope someone's got the video on this. :p
Part of the fit is included w/the story on the partner's site:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=1&id=2534496

Unfortunately it doesn't include her pushing over the orange barrel or her verbal tirade on TRL. :D I caught the clip on the local snooze outlet last night.

As an alternative, Spickly, I submit this one for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkrnldb4Kbg

:gomer:

-Kevin

Spicoli
07-31-06, 10:33 AM
who is "Catro-Nu-Yeves?" :gomer:

that's all danicle did? I thought that was pretty mild.

I think it would be nice to see her and Weldon in a smack fest. :laugh:

dando
07-31-06, 10:38 AM
that's all danicle did? I thought that was pretty mild.

Uh, no, homsicle. She went postal when she got out of the car, stomped around, tossed her helmet, pushed over an orange barrel, and sat in the corner and pouted. It was a nice piece of work actually. I gave it an 8.0 on a scale of 1-10. NOTE: No orange barrels were actually hurt. :gomer:

I'm still looking for a clip of what was on the local snooze last night. Unfortunately they only have the local video clips on the nbc4i.com site.

EDIT: SC highlights this AM show the fit she threw...they weaved it into the race highlights :) ...but the verbal tirade on RLR wasn't included. She burnt that bridge, baby. Oh yeah. :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
07-31-06, 10:40 AM
Uh, no, homsicle. She went postal when she got out of the car, stomped around, tossed her helmet, pushed over an orange barrel, and sat in the corner and pouted. It was a nice piece of work actually. I gave it an 8.0 on a scale of 1-10. NOTE: No orange barrels were actually hurt. :gomer:

-Kevin

:D

SurfaceUnits
07-31-06, 12:25 PM
the farce is being replayed on espn19 this afternoon. LOL:gomer:s

nrc
07-31-06, 12:45 PM
They showed part of it on "Wall to Wall sports. Looked like a 12 year old grounded from cheerleader practice.

Nothin' personal, Danica. Talk to Max Papis about RL fuel strategy at Michigan.

TKGAngel
07-31-06, 12:55 PM
In other news, apparently Helio has also commented that Tony Stewart should not climb fences, due to Tony's lack of fitness. The IRL is really making friends and influencing people, arent they?

SurfaceUnits
07-31-06, 01:34 PM
There's luv flowing in earl and the RLR -paddock

"Obviously, the fact she led the race at Indy -- which was mostly because of our strategy -- that made it a very exciting moment for the sport," Rahal said. "And she's been living off that since then." :rofl:

Can you say "Early Departure?" Sure you can.

Spicoli
07-31-06, 01:39 PM

"Obviously, the fact she led the race at Indy -- which was mostly because of our strategy -- that made it a very exciting moment for the sport," Rahal said. "And she's been living off that since then." :rofl:

Can you say "Early Departure?" Sure you can.

Meltdown in aisle 220.

FCYTravis
07-31-06, 01:56 PM
She burnt that bridge, baby. Oh yeah. :D
From what I've heard from inside Rahal, she burnt that bridge the minute she ditched Bobby for a fat check from Andretti. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran her out of fuel on purpose. "Oops." :rofl:

Cue Bob Varsha... "That whining you hear is the sound of bridges being burned..."

Insomniac
07-31-06, 02:04 PM
From what I've heard from inside Rahal, she burnt that bridge the minute she ditched Bobby for a fat check from Andretti. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran her out of fuel on purpose. "Oops." :rofl:

Cue Bob Varsha... "That whining you hear is the sound of bridges being burned..."

Surely it was burned when she implied they weren't trying their hardest to win.

stroker
07-31-06, 02:29 PM
that's easy to say when you're not paying the bills.

SurfaceUnits
07-31-06, 03:06 PM

"Obviously, the fact she led the race at Indy -- which was mostly because of our strategy -- that made it a very exciting moment for the sport," Rahal said. "And she's been living off that since then." :rofl:these warm regards were issued going into the weekend, days before shamicles 'Midol Moment'

dando
07-31-06, 03:16 PM
Looked like a 12 year old grounded from cheerleader practice.

Nothin' personal, Danica. Talk to Max Papis about RL fuel strategy at Michigan.
Yer giving her too much credit. My 2-year old throw fits like that. :gomer:

re: Papis @ MIS... :( :cry: Man that livery was sweet.

-Kevin

dando
07-31-06, 04:39 PM
Just caught the end of the race replay. A bud of mine is friends with the TRL PR guy Brent Mauer. Dude had to walk back with her while she was throwing her fit. I'll hafta see if there's any skinny on that from him. :D

-Kevin

Steve99
07-31-06, 05:17 PM
TRL?

Don Quixote
07-31-06, 05:30 PM
TRL?
Methinks he meant HRL. :gomer:

Ankf00
07-31-06, 05:32 PM
TRL?
http://images.zap2it.com/20041026/02_carsondaly.jpg

Accipiter
07-31-06, 06:24 PM
Meltdown in aisle 220.

Hey, that's what Robin Meade was calling it too.

dando
07-31-06, 09:53 PM
TRL?
Otherwise known as Team Rahal/Letterman. I may have referred to it as RLR previously whilst consuming beverages. :)

-Kevin