PDA

View Full Version : My home county deluged (Lake Co., Ohio)

Racing Truth
07-28-06, 01:31 PM
Up to TWELVE inches of rain fell here in about 18 hrs. (http://www.weathernet5.com/weather/9590285/detail.html)

Thank God I'm on high ground. My Aunt was not so fortunate, as her condo (hell the street) is flooded. My mom says she is seeing scenes that remind her of Katrina. I know this, it has never rained like this in my, albeit short, life of 23 yrs.

racer2c
07-28-06, 01:35 PM
That is a lot of rain. :eek:

Coupled with earthquakes, ancient psalm books found in bogs opened to a page about the destruction of Isreal, west nile spreading skeeters, global warming etc. Makes one wonder if the homeless guy down the street with the cardboard sign is right; the end is near. ;)

dando
07-28-06, 01:59 PM
:eek: :(

RT, sorry about yer luck up there. Northern Ohiya has been getting pounded with rain this summer. Meanwhile, back @ the ranch in Cbus we barely had a 1/2" of rain. :saywhat:

Here's another article on the situation:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/28/D8J51SUG0.html

-Kevin

Racing Truth
07-28-06, 02:17 PM
:eek: :(

RT, sorry about yer luck up there. Northern Ohiya has been getting pounded with rain this summer. Meanwhile, back @ the ranch in Cbus we barely had a 1/2" of rain. :saywhat:

Here's another article on the situation:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/28/D8J51SUG0.html

-Kevin

Thanks, though I'm fine (high ground :cool: ). NE Ohiya has been nailed this yr. Big rains before the GP made for "interesting" parking. Each week, its someplace different. Cuyahoga, Lorain, and Ashtabula had been hit in prior weeks.

Sean O'Gorman
07-30-06, 09:34 PM
I was wondering if you got hit, RT. My office was flooded (no pun intended) with claims on Friday. Looks like I'll be spending alot of time dealing with people whose cars got flooded over the next week or so.

Hope things can get back to normal as soon as possible. I know I'm trying to do my part.

rosawendel
07-30-06, 09:59 PM
funny sight: going up tyler boulevard in mentor on friday (after many detours), i saw workers directing traffic and trying to open up some clogged catch basins. one was pulling live fish from one. had to be 18 inches long. the catch basins werte clogged with live fish from ponds flooding over.

Spicoli
07-30-06, 11:18 PM
I was wondering if you got hit, RT. My office was flooded (no pun intended) with claims on Friday. Looks like I'll be spending alot of time dealing with people whose cars got flooded over the next week or so.

Hope things can get back to normal as soon as possible. I know I'm trying to do my part.

"Claims department, Sean speaking. Can I help you please?"

:cry: :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
07-31-06, 07:16 AM
Thats not how I answer the phone. :rolleyes:

Spicoli
07-31-06, 07:50 AM

"Claims department. Can you hold please for the next available claims assistant?"

:rofl:

dando
07-31-06, 10:32 AM
"Please hold."

"How can I direct your call?"

;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-31-06, 11:09 AM
"Corporate accounts payable, O'Gorman speaking. Just a moment.
Corporate accounts payable, O'Gorman speaking. Just a moment.
Corporate accounts payable, O'Gorman speaking. Just a moment."

Spicoli
07-31-06, 11:18 AM
lmfao. no love for SOG on this thread. :cry:

Sean O'Gorman
07-31-06, 11:49 AM
Anyway, back to the flooding...

TKGAngel
07-31-06, 12:18 PM
Gah, what is up with the weather recently? Buffalo had 2.5 inches of rain in one night, then massive storms on Saturday that knocked out power to many of its northern suburbs until late yesterday.

Racing Truth
07-31-06, 12:53 PM

Yeah, things are getting there, though Painesville really got nailed. I think the Grand River crested 11' over. :eek:

High ground= :thumbup:

dando
08-02-06, 01:56 PM
Flooding and quakes....what the heck are y'all doing up there to deserve this:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/02/ohio.quakes.ap/index.html

-Kevin

Racing Truth
08-02-06, 03:25 PM
Flooding and quakes....what the heck are y'all doing up there to deserve this:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/02/ohio.quakes.ap/index.html

-Kevin

Haha! :laugh: My crazy right-wing uncle (I love him, but seriously, he'd make Attilla nervous ;) ) just sent me this. Two funny notes:

1. Pretty sure I had David Pierce as an online prof. a few yrs. ago. Good guy.

2. Said uncle does have Earthquake coverage (1 of 8 in the C-town area). Funny thing is I know someone else who does, my 9th grade science teacher. I thought he was nuts, but I dunno now. He might be right! :saywhat:

cameraman
08-02-06, 04:14 PM
The Wasatch Mountains are there because of the Wasatch fault.

One of these days this town is going to get flattened by an 8-9 scale mountain builder :eek:

emjaya
08-02-06, 07:49 PM
Any spare rain you can send down my way would be much appreciated, we're still in a drought over here.

You can keep the earthquakes though. :D

Take care. :)

dando
08-02-06, 10:10 PM
Any spare rain you can send down my way would be much appreciated, we're still in a drought over here.

I feel for y'all. Massive drought down under. No worries, mate....I'm sure there will be a deluge next year (law of averages, aye?). :(

-Kevin

emjaya
08-02-06, 10:43 PM
We call it a drought and hope it will break soon, but I heard someone say yesterday that the lack of rain might be just the normal Australian weather and it may never rain enough again. :eek: :eek: