PDA

View Full Version : What Song is This?

racer2c
07-26-06, 03:34 PM
Badum bum bum, badum bum bum, badum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum,
Badum bum bum, badum bum bum, badum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum,

Badum bum bum, badum bum bum, badum dum dum-dum dum dum dum dum dum.
Badum bum bum, badum bum bum, badum dum dum-dum dum dum dum dum dum.

Classical. Up the scale and down the scale. First two lines are mezzo forte maybe even piano forte the third and fourth forte.

Cam
07-26-06, 03:36 PM
Man is it beer o'clock already? :p

racer2c
07-26-06, 03:47 PM

As the parrot heads like to say, it's 5 o'clock somewhere! :D

ferrarigod
07-26-06, 03:57 PM
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl? It is a classic.

:gomer:

Ziggy
07-26-06, 04:04 PM
Sunrise, Sunset

you got any lyrics????

Opposite Lock
07-26-06, 04:15 PM
needs more cowbell.

rosawendel
07-26-06, 04:22 PM
<lifts lighter> FREE-BIRRRRRD!

Opposite Lock
07-26-06, 04:25 PM
Try listening to it backwards - it sounds really muddy.

TKGAngel
07-26-06, 04:50 PM
Pachelbel's Canon?

racer2c
07-26-06, 05:19 PM
Pachelbel's Canon?

No, nice try though. This is more of a cartoony, marchy sort of tune. With emphasis!

It can be heard in the original Bad News Bears movie. (Like everyone has that handy! :D ). I need the name! I've tons lots of googling for that sound track with no results and the end credits don't mention it.

It's a famous tune that all would know if they heard it.

Al Czervik
07-26-06, 05:25 PM
I know, I know. This is one of those physcological questions.

The answer, of course, is "What song isn't this."

racer2c
07-26-06, 06:12 PM
I know, I know. This is one of those physcological questions.

The answer, of course, is "What song isn't this."

LOL!

If I had to guess I would guess a Gilbert and Sullivan tune but I don't know my Gillbert from my Sullivan so I can't name the song. :(

My daughter is trying to find the sheet music for it so she can play it on her violin.

Don Quixote
07-26-06, 06:40 PM
I think it might be from Carmen, by Georges Bizet. (Carmen: Act One: Quand je vous aimerai ?... L'amour este un oiseau rebelle) Look it up on Amazon.

Opposite Lock
07-26-06, 06:44 PM
I think it might be from Carmen, by Georges Bizet. (Carmen: Act One: Quand je vous aimerai ?... L'amour este un oiseau rebelle) Look it up on Amazon.

My guess as well - I believe it's the "Habanera".

from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanera_%28aria%29)

devilmaster
07-26-06, 06:54 PM
My guess as well - I believe it's the "Habanera".

from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanera_%28aria%29)

mp3 of habanera http://files.kendormusic.com/str2001/mp3/stra23.mp3

racer2c
07-26-06, 07:43 PM
THAT's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHANKS OP!

AND THANKS FOR THE LINK sTEVE

Spicoli
07-26-06, 08:41 PM
DORKS. :gomer:

nrc
07-26-06, 10:15 PM
Maybe there's a version where the conductor uses enormous foam hands.

racer2c
07-26-06, 10:23 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opposite Lock
07-26-06, 10:37 PM
like FOXES! :gomer:

racer2c
07-26-06, 10:47 PM
So Habanera is from Georges Bizet's opera Carmen. It's amazing how familiar those peices are! Although I think I recognize them only from Bug's Bunny cartoons. :gomer:

My daughter is very happy.

Spicoli
07-26-06, 11:05 PM

OK, Mr. Clasic rock hippy lover. :p

racer2c
07-26-06, 11:23 PM
I'm in love with Morrisey. :p

I thought you liked cool music?

Spicoli
07-27-06, 12:09 AM
Moz rocks a dinner jacket. :thumbup:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/noje/0603/23/NOJE-23s00-morrissey-8fri_438.jpg

Here's from when Ank had me down to Dallas to watch Moz live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEqCS0_X0BU&search=morrissey%20international%20playboys

:rofl:

devilmaster
07-27-06, 12:30 AM
So Habanera is from Georges Bizet's opera Carmen. It's amazing how familiar those peices are! Although I think I recognize them only from Bug's Bunny cartoons. :gomer:

Gomer?!? Hell No. Carl Stalling and Milt Franklin were geniuses. Bill Lava can rot in hell though.

RHR_Fan
07-27-06, 12:34 AM

Oh my gosh...good flashback!

nrc
07-27-06, 12:34 AM
OK, Mr. Clasic rock hippy lover. :p
"Alice Cooper is a hippy, but he's the baaad kind of hippy."

Opposite Lock
07-27-06, 12:52 AM

My daughter is very happy.

If it's fun-to-play violin music that she's looking for, next stop on the train could be Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade (ripping the credenza has to be like "Rockin' the Corkscrew"), and later, after exploring some good string quartet arrangements for select Debussey and Ravel compositions, maybe a little Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings might be of interest, but that's more "group" material.

distant early warning: oft requested "Devil Went Down To Georgia" is harder to play (well) than you might expect.

:dork: :gomer:

racer2c
07-27-06, 10:25 AM
Gomer?!? Hell No. Carl Stalling and Milt Franklin were geniuses. Bill Lava can rot in hell though.

No, the gomer was on myself for only knowing it from cartoons. :)

devilmaster
07-27-06, 10:35 AM
No, the gomer was on myself for only knowing it from cartoons. :)

Then I guess I'll have to join you. My interest in classical music began with Looney Tunes.

racer2c
07-27-06, 10:35 AM
If it's fun-to-play violin music that she's looking for, next stop on the train could be Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade (ripping the credenza has to be like "Rockin' the Corkscrew"), and later, after exploring some good string quartet arrangements for select Debussey and Ravel compositions, maybe a little Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings might be of interest, but that's more "group" material.

distant early warning: oft requested "Devil Went Down To Georgia" is harder to play (well) than you might expect.

:dork: :gomer:

She has a real talent. She's extremely proactive regarding her violin. This is her fourth year in school strings and she's been first chair for the last three years. She practices hours a day on her own accord because she just loves to play. She taught herself how to play the piano and now she plays better than her two aunts who had years and years of lessons.
Last year she asked us to rent her a cello because she wanted to play that at home for fun. I did and she played it wonderfully but decided to stick with the violin. She's been chosen first chair for regional orchestra for the past two years and part of the all county program the all four years of playing. All because she loves the instrument and the music.

Me, I was one of those kids who cried at the piano while the parents forced me to practice. "You'll play the piano and like it mister!". Finally they bought me an electric guitar and all was well.

\blog. :)