PDA

View Full Version : paging Mr. Travis - white courtesy telephone please

Opposite Lock
07-26-06, 03:14 PM
So I'm reading this article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/la-tr-insider23jul23,1,1687823.story?coll=chi-homepagetravel-hed) (Chicago Trib, but originally from LA Times) about lounges at airports, and I come across this name... Where have I heard this guy's name before? Oh yeah - it's FCYtravis!

excerpt:
Travis Mason-Bushman, a 22-year-old journalism student at Contra Costa College in California, plunked down his own money for memberships in the United ($500) and US Airways ($375) clubs to make his life easier. He has a weekend public relations job with the Gainsco/Blackhawk sports-car racing team.

"I've flown about 56,000 miles so far this year and will do another 20,000 miles," he said. "My memberships are a small price to pay, considering all the time I spend in airline terminals. I cross the country about 15 times a year. The lounges are a lot more civilized place to work and to get help.

"I was flying through Dulles … on my way to Daytona Beach [Fla.] for a race, when heavy rainstorms struck the Washington area. I went from a one-hour delay to a four-hour delay to canceled, within an hour and a half. Hundreds of people were lined up trying to re-book flights. I went into the Red Carpet Club and got great customer service. You pay for a lot better customer service, more personal service."

small world. (but I wouldn't want to paint it.)

racer2c
07-26-06, 03:23 PM
Damn, Travis flys more miles in a year than I drive in five years. :saywhat:

Ankf00
07-26-06, 03:24 PM
my car's almost there after only 2 years :laugh:

Continental's President's Club == best way to kill 9 hours between outbound flights to final destination b/c the douchebags in Dallas delayed the connecting flight, and then douchebags in Houston wouldn't hold outbound flight all of 5 minutes :gomer:

mmmm, free booze. :thumbup:

Cam
07-26-06, 03:34 PM
For those that want to read the article, but don't want to register, install the BugMeNot (http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/02/07/bugmenot/) extension for Firefox/Mozilla. :thumbup:

Spicoli
07-26-06, 04:07 PM
So I'm reading this article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/la-tr-insider23jul23,1,1687823.story?coll=chi-homepagetravel-hed) (Chicago Trib, but originally from LA Times) about lounges at airports, and I come across this name... Where have I heard this guy's name before? Oh yeah - it's FCYtravis!

excerpt:
Travis Mason-Bushman, a 22-year-old journalism student at Contra Costa College in California, plunked down his own money for memberships in the United ($500) and US Airways ($375) clubs to make his life easier. He has a weekend public relations job with the Gainsco/Blackhawk sports-car racing team.

"I've flown about 56,000 miles so far this year and will do another 20,000 miles," he said. "My memberships are a small price to pay, considering all the time I spend in airline terminals. I cross the country about 15 times a year. The lounges are a lot more civilized place to work and to get help.

"I was flying through Dulles … on my way to Daytona Beach [Fla.] for a race, when heavy rainstorms struck the Washington area. I went from a one-hour delay to a four-hour delay to canceled, within an hour and a half. Hundreds of people were lined up trying to re-book flights. I went into the Red Carpet Club and got great customer service. You pay for a lot better customer service, more personal service."

small world. (but I wouldn't want to paint it.)

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky084.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

rabbit
07-26-06, 04:10 PM
For those that want to read the article, but don't want to register, install the BugMeNot (http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/02/07/bugmenot/) extension for Firefox/Mozilla. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
07-26-06, 05:34 PM
Damn, Travis flys more miles in a year than I drive in five years. :saywhat:

Don't you drive like 70 miles to work?

So far this year, I drove about 1000 miles in the old MR2 before I sold it, about 9500 in the Integra before I sold that, about 1700 in the first two weeks of owning the '93 MR2, about 500 miles in my mom's car, a couple hundred miles in Milwaukee in a G6 rental, and about 1600 miles going back and forth to Peru, IN, partially as a driver and partially as a passenger. Only about 1,800 miles flying this year though, on six flights.

On between 7 AM on July 8 to 3 AM on July 9 I did 1668 miles flying/driving, that was kinda cool. And I still have a possibly 1800 round trip to Topeka for auto-x nationals in September. Travelling is fun. :)

Spicoli
07-26-06, 05:42 PM

So far this year, I drove about 1000 miles in the old MR2 before I sold it, about 9500 in the Integra before I sold that, about 1700 in the first two weeks of owning the '93 MR2, about 500 miles in my mom's car, a couple hundred miles in Milwaukee in a G6 rental, and about 1600 miles going back and forth to Peru, IN, partly as a driver, partially as a driver and partially as a passenger. Only about 1,800 miles flying this year though, on six flights.

On between 7 AM on July 8 to 3 AM on July 9 I did 1668 miles flying/driving, that was kinda cool. And I still have a possibly 1800 round trip to Topeka for auto-x nationals in September. Travelling is fun. :)

Dang. You're ****ing nerd for keepoing track of stupid **** like that. :rofl:

Why on earth would you need to know that ****? :saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
07-26-06, 05:49 PM
It took five minutes to figure it out.

racer2c
07-26-06, 06:14 PM

So far this year, I drove about 1000 miles in the old MR2 before I sold it, about 9500 in the Integra before I sold that, about 1700 in the first two weeks of owning the '93 MR2, about 500 miles in my mom's car, a couple hundred miles in Milwaukee in a G6 rental, and about 1600 miles going back and forth to Peru, IN, partly as a driver, partially as a driver and partially as a passenger. Only about 1,800 miles flying this year though, on six flights.

Used to, I've been telecommuting for almost two years now. Thus justifying a new boat to the wife. :)

ferrarigod
07-26-06, 06:27 PM
FCYTravis also frequents www.airliners.net as I lurk and sometimes post on there now.

I often see him on there, and posting about commercial aviation. Small world indeed.

racer2c
07-26-06, 06:29 PM
FCYTravis also frequents www.airliners.net as I lurk and sometimes post on there now.

I often see him on there, and posting about commercial aviation. Small world indeed.

What, do you guys keep a running tab on all the hot attendants in the air today? that would rock. Schedule your trips based on hot flight attendants. :D :thumbup:

TKGAngel
07-26-06, 06:55 PM

How can you be partly a driver and partially a driver in the same vehicle on the same road trip?

devilmaster
07-26-06, 06:57 PM
How can you be partly a driver and partially a driver in the same vehicle on the same road trip?

DeWalt Power Tools!

extramundane
07-26-06, 11:01 PM

He's just that good.

greenie
07-26-06, 11:56 PM
Travis = Airport bar snob. LMFAO! :gomer:

Truth be told, IMO, one of the best places to meet random girls (or whatever) is in airport bars. You kill that the minute you step into a red carpet club.

But credit to Travis for getting his team in the news - good work. :thumbup:

manic mechanic
07-27-06, 12:04 AM
He's just that good.

SOG: The next Donnie Beechler! :rofl: :rofl:

Oh wait...Did I set the goal too high??? :p

manic

ferrarigod
07-27-06, 12:27 AM
What, do you guys keep a running tab on all the hot attendants in the air today? that would rock. Schedule your trips based on hot flight attendants. :D :thumbup:

Some friends of a good friend of mine flew down this past weekend from Delaware. When they left, and flew back, one of the 2 guys made out with the stu-dish and they later partied out in the big DE.

Not even kidding. They first made out while the ground crew was cleaning the plane for the night, and continued it outside. Hahaha.

But in all honesty, people know what planes are where, at all times, keep tabs on the routes and what new orders and things are going on. It is amazing how many cool pics and info goes up on that website. There are also dorks that sit on Microsoft Flight Sim together and fly commercial planes by schedules....everyday....as though they were pilots.

It gets sad, even more sad than racing forums, but I find it pretty interesting, and my roomate in going to USAF flight school since he just graduated and got accepted into USAF Officer Training School. Very kool. Turned down med school for it, and his dad is a pretty big head honcho down at the University of Nebraska medical center cheese factory, he likes planes that much.

TravelGal
07-27-06, 01:25 AM
You can now purchase a one-day pass to the AA Admirals club. good for 24 hours. Up to two additional peeps for $25 each.

And, for your viewing pleasure (planes, you idiots, not girls)

www.seatguru.com

FCYTravis
07-27-06, 07:50 AM
Ah yes, my 15 seconds of fame... :rofl:

I frequent FlyerTalk (http://www.flyertalk.com), which is a gigantic bitchfest forum for frequent flyers to talk about how much every airline sucks :laugh:, and occasionally the forum managers post up interview requests from journalists. I've responded to a couple in the last few months.

Seriously, in "irregular ops" situations (cancellations, rainstorms, etc.) the airline clubs are the only place to get help at all. Anywhere else and you'll be waiting for three hours. This what the regular rebooking lines looked like that day in Washington:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3563/iadlineup0001pd6.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iadlineup0001pd6.jpg)

:eek:

In the RCC, I lined up fourth in a line of four.

Oh, and if you think I fly a lot... there's people on FlyerTalk who do upwards of 300,000 miles in a year. Some guy flies from LA to London and back twice a week.

racer2c
07-27-06, 10:42 AM
Some friends of a good friend of mine flew down this past weekend from Delaware. When they left, and flew back, one of the 2 guys made out with the stu-dish and they later partied out in the big DE.

Not even kidding. They first made out while the ground crew was cleaning the plane for the night, and continued it outside. Hahaha.

But in all honesty, people know what planes are where, at all times, keep tabs on the routes and what new orders and things are going on. It is amazing how many cool pics and info goes up on that website. There are also dorks that sit on Microsoft Flight Sim together and fly commercial planes by schedules....everyday....as though they were pilots.

It gets sad, even more sad than racing forums, but I find it pretty interesting, and my roomate in going to USAF flight school since he just graduated and got accepted into USAF Officer Training School. Very kool. Turned down med school for it, and his dad is a pretty big head honcho down at the University of Nebraska medical center cheese factory, he likes planes that much.

I'm a Flight Sim geek and have read about those sim airlines. Way too much for me.