PDA

View Full Version : Rahole to CCWS?

Spicoli
07-26-06, 09:38 AM
what say you?

racer2c
07-26-06, 09:52 AM
I won't snub anyone bringing more cars to the game. But if I were KK and co I would make any ex-CART yen chaser sign a multi-year contract and pay a deposit in order to play. Then they would need to sign a statement saying TG is an idiot.

At least he's not bringing 'her' with him.

KLang
07-26-06, 09:58 AM
Less cars in the earl is a good thing. More cars in Champ Car would be a good thing. After what Rahal pulled a few years ago I don't think I could ever cheer for his team, so I hope Graham runs for someone else.

It is sure looking like he may be out of the earl but I don't think that means he will automatically run in Champ Car. What sponsor would he have?

trauma1
07-26-06, 10:09 AM
from Rm at speed, put his all together, bobby no honda engine for alms, loses danicai to agr and tony bucks, word is penski stole ethonol as a sponsor for whoreish, the writing is on the wall, no wonder he doesn't show up for earl races, he's gone from earl

Young Rahal, whose poise and pace more than bely his 17 years, has been nothing short of spectacular in Atlantics. The plan was to head for Europe in 2007 under dad's experienced eye but things have suddenly changed.

Bobby Rahal, Paul Newman, Carl Haas and Kevin Kalkhoven spent last weekend huddling at Edmonton and the wheels are turning to test Graham in a Newman/Haas car. For now, it could be nothing more than a test, but if all goes well, don't be surprised if this kid is in Champ Car next year with the most successful team in the paddock.
If the second generation of Rahal joins Allmendinger, it's a home run for Champ Car. (LAT Photo)

That's not to say Graham has lost any of his Formula One aspirations but the new logic may be that if he shines as a teenager in a Champ Car, then F1 might be a lot more receptive.

And, if the second generation of Rahal joins Allmendinger, it's a home run for Champ Car.

Ironically, Patrick's move to AGR is directly related to the Rahal situation. She admitted in a phone call on Tuesday that the uncertainty about Bobby being around in '07, coupled with team manager Scott Roembke's health, were two big reasons she and father, T.J., began testing the waters elsewhere.

Wheel-Nut
07-26-06, 10:24 AM
IF he does come back to CC he should be made to give a public apology to CC fans at all races from the starters stand just before each race.

Insomniac
07-26-06, 10:29 AM
I'll be glad to have more cars, but won't cheer for him or his team.

G.
07-26-06, 11:15 AM
If Graham gets in at NHR, why would he even field a team?

I think he's a spectator in '07.

dando
07-26-06, 11:27 AM
:thumdown:

If Grahame drives @ N/H, I be agnostic. If Rawhore fields a team for him. :thumdown: :flame: :mad:

Et tu Brute?

-Kevin

TKGAngel
07-26-06, 11:28 AM
When the Princess commented about Bobby being around, was she referrring to the IRL team's existence at all, or to the fact that Bobby was concentrating more on Graham than on her?

Based on the response he got in Cleveland at the Fan Forum, I think a lot of people would welcome Bobby back, probably for the same reasons mentioned by the distinguished posters above me.

Also, I've heard Scott Roembke's health mentioned a few times. What's going on with him?

FTG
07-26-06, 12:00 PM
KK is a smart man with a long memory. Graham's $2 million is going to go to a loyal team, not a back stabbing, Yen whore who can't be trusted.

Americans Rahal and AJ battle for Champ Car supremacy in 2007. Who owns the heritage now you TG worshipping beatches?

Warlock!
07-26-06, 12:05 PM
Graham gets a pass from receiving rashes of sh**.

Bob doesn't.

Dr. Corkski
07-26-06, 12:05 PM
Only if he is as serious about winning as Paul Gentilozzi is. :gomer:

SteveH
07-26-06, 12:17 PM
Graham gets a pass from receiving rashes of sh**.

Bob doesn't.

word :thumbup:

cameraman
07-26-06, 12:46 PM
Graham gets a pass, he might even get some support if he behaves himself.

As for his father, if he wants to bring RLR to CCWS fine, we need the car count. But I've got about a million things more important in my life than keeping up with hating Bobby Rahal. I'm not about to waste my time or energy getting all excited about a damn mercenary. He follows the money and is loyal to money and money alone. Always has been, always will be. I don't know why anyone expects anything else.

Bob_S.
07-26-06, 12:55 PM
You don't let a crackhead sleep on your couch. :thumdown:
Let him start a Nascab team and we'll see if the France's can survive. Why would anyone be in a hurry to see how bad this dude could screw up, again? :flame:

cameraman
07-26-06, 01:09 PM
Here is a hint, don't expect loyality from a team owner then you won't be disappointed when they screw you over for a larger check down the road.

Chief
07-26-06, 01:12 PM
I could forgive him after hUrling a few rotten tomatos. (and he never has any power ever again) RLR, while having an up w/ Rice and Danicle had to live through the pain of Kenny and the loss of Dana. Hopefully he sees the EarL for what it is and drops the baggage.

KLang
07-26-06, 01:17 PM
the pain of Kenny and the loss of Dana

Since I never watch the earl races I forget about this stuff. :(

It's easy to see why Rahal doesn't talk about Graham going earling.

rabbit
07-26-06, 01:47 PM
My two copper discs...

I didn't root for Bobby when he was a driver, or owner, in Champ Car. So it won't be any different for me if he comes back. I hope he does. Like him or not, the names "Rahal" and "Letterman" lend legitimacy to the series. His return would be a boost for Champ Car. But I'm not going to root for his team.

On the other hand, I really hope Graham comes to Champ Car. If he does, I will be cheering for him. I have met father and son and I have to say that the son has more class in his little finger than Dad does in his whole body. He really seems down to Earth. Bobby was an a-hole long before he became a traitor.

Spicoli
07-26-06, 01:48 PM
Here is a hint, ........

dude - this is Defender-speak. not good.

ferrarigod
07-26-06, 01:53 PM
We all like less cars in the EARL. And I don't want a TruSports to fade away without memory, but I just can't stand the look of booby rathole anymore. He needs to sell his operation to someone who knows what they are doing, and just support his son.

I'd rather not see him back. Although I guess it is too late for his transporter and such to leave Champ Car. . .

cameraman
07-26-06, 02:09 PM
dude - this is Defender-speak. not good.

Bite me. Rahal is no different from the turds that moved the Colts out of town at 2 am. Why do you keep expecting loyality to a series from a team owner? It does not exist, it never has.

Wheel-Nut
07-26-06, 02:37 PM
Paul Newman?

cameraman
07-26-06, 03:08 PM
Mr Newman is a truly unique individual. It is much the same for Russo. These folks have saved CCWS but they are not standard team owners. Saints are rare.

It just gets very boring to read, year in and year out how mercenary businessmen keep acting like a mercenary businessmen with some sort of expectation that they won't act like mercenary businessmen. They are what they are, they are not going to change, they are not going to go away. You can write a million threads about what *******s they are to no effect as they don't give a damn what you think.

You can go to a race and scream all the **** you want at Rahal but all you are going to do is scare some five year old kid at his first race. Rahal won't even notice. There were some serious *******s in the crowd at the GA paddock in Long Beach and their ******** behavior scared the crap out of some kids who were at the track for the first time in their life. If screaming at Fernandez and scaring a bunch of five year olds makes you feel like a man then you should really consider getting a life.

ferrarigod
07-26-06, 03:24 PM
Mr Newman is a truly unique individual. It is much the same for Russo. These folks have saved CCWS but they are not standard team owners. Saints are rare.

Ummmmm, Russo wasn't around when the problems were here. Although I doubt he'd leave, he hasn't been tested in anything but this situation.

Newman, Forsythe. Those 2 have been here since the beginning and have not wavered. The problem with businessmen running race teams is that racing is not about business, its a passion, and when people show lack of ethics for what some believe to be the passion of their existence, then they get very offended.

I do not welcome rathole, and will allow him to be aware of that. He needs to sell his team to someone who can suceed. He has made it clear over the years that he is not only a has been in racing, but a never will be in ownership. Jaguar, CART, and Rathole/Postwoman all foreshadow those points.

TravelGal
07-26-06, 03:38 PM
I think you can count Russo among the good guys. He kept that team in Atlantics when it looked like it was going to feed into oblivion.

As for the question, Rahole has always given me the creeps. I could never stand to look at him. I will avoid seeing him if at all possible so I can avoid so much as wasting my time with a dirty look.

Graham is another story. The problem is that he seems as ethically challenged as daddy. Go wherever as long as he gets what he wants, which is an F1 ride.

Will it be good for the series to have him? In the short run, yes. Unfortunately, we need to be very concerned about the short run for the next couple of years.

Hafta give a shout out to PLN though. As cameraman said, he's extraordinary. Not just in racing but in the whole way he runs his life. To him, it's all very simple. Do the right thing. It is not realistic to expect everyone to act the way he does although I try my best to do it in my own life.

Spicoli
07-26-06, 03:39 PM
Bite me. Rahal is no different from the turds that moved the Colts out of town at 2 am. Why do you keep expecting loyality to a series from a team owner? It does not exist, it never has.

no you overly defensive U-tard. :rolleyes:

Not the content, the PHRASE "Here's a hint.." Super D always uses that. So stop it. :p

mueber
07-26-06, 03:42 PM
We all know the rules these days. It's all about money, and we need all the quality teams we can get. I won't be rooting for him, but I'd be happy to see him come back.

It would be good for Champ Car, bad for the IRL, and good for open wheel.

Spicoli
07-26-06, 03:43 PM

It just gets very boring to read, year in and year out how mercenary businessmen keep acting like a mercenary businessmen with some sort of expectation that they won't act like mercenary businessmen. They are what they are, they are not going to change, they are not going to go away. You can write a million threads about what *******s they are to no effect as they don't give a damn what you think.

You can go to a race and scream all the **** you want at Rahal but all you are going to do is scare some five year old kid at his first race. Rahal won't even notice. There were some serious *******s in the crowd at the GA paddock in Long Beach and their ******** behavior scared the crap out of some kids who were at the track for the first time in their life. If screaming at Fernandez and scaring a bunch of five year olds makes you feel like a man then you should really consider getting a life.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky078.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

cut yourself some room to breath dooder. :rofl:

cameraman
07-26-06, 04:16 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky078.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

cut yourself some room to breath dooder. :rofl:

Maybe so but here is the story I heard last weekend. My cousin, who doesn't follow racing of any kind, took his 4 year old son to Long Beach this year. Seems that his wife works for Lowes. See where this is going? They have weekend tickets, they wander around the GA paddock and just happen to be at some fan thing when a bunch of crappies show up to scream at Fernandez. He gets caught in the middle. Scared him half to death. The next day at the CCWS race he is proudly wearing his Lowes stuff he got the day before. Well guess what happened. Several wonderful CCWS fans felt the need to rip into a four year old and tell him what an jerk he is for wearing a Lowes shirt. Not one person, several full grown adult male CCWS fans felt the need to cuss out a four year old. Needless to say he never wants to see or hear anything about racing ever again.

So no, I have very little tolerance for haters.

Spicoli
07-26-06, 04:21 PM
Maybe so but here is the story I heard last weekend. My cousin, who doesn't follow racing of any kind, took his 4 year old son to Long Beach this year. Seems that his wife works for Lowes. See where this is going? They have weekend tickets, they wander around the GA paddock and just happen to be at some fan thing when a bunch of crappies show up to scream at Fernandez. He gets caught in the middle. Scared him half to death. The next day at the CCWS race he is proudly wearing his Lowes stuff he got the day before. Well guess what happened. Several wonderful CCWS fans felt the need to rip into a four year old and tell him what an jerk he is for wearing a Lowes shirt. Not one person, several full grown adult male CCWS fans felt the need to cuss out a four year old. Needless to say he never wants to see or hear anything about racing ever again.

So no, I have very little tolerance for haters.

Sure you're not *embellishing* this a bit?

Last group of "Crappies" I saw looked like this:

http://www.gcms.k12.il.us/gcmsms/images/misc/Mr.%20Richoz%20and%20nerds.jpg

threatening? :laugh:

G.
07-26-06, 04:27 PM

Last group of "Crappies" I saw looked like this:

http://www.gcms.k12.il.us/gcmsms/images/misc/Mr.%20Richoz%20and%20nerds.jpg

threatening? :laugh:scares the hell outta me, and I think I'm IN that picture. :laugh:

cameraman
07-26-06, 04:46 PM

I wish I was. :shakehead

The three on Sunday were described as follows.
#1 Skinny, mullet, early twenties
#2 Fat, drunk, mid forties
#3 Young teenager

I've never seen that at a race but it happened this time.

Ten years of hating has gone to some people's heads.

trauma1
07-26-06, 04:48 PM
like i could pass this up :rofl:

http://www.impawards.com/1984/posters/revenge_of_the_nerds.jpg

Tony George
07-26-06, 05:08 PM
I wish I was. :shakehead

#2 Fat, drunk, mid forties
#3 Young teenager

I've never seen that at a race but it happened this time.

Ten years of hating has gone to some people's heads.

Did #2 call himself Spicoli??? :gomer: :D

CheeverFan
07-26-06, 05:08 PM
BObby Know's what side his bread has butter on it. He'll keep rocken to the Indy beet!

Dr. Corkski
07-26-06, 05:12 PM
#1 Skinny, mullet, early twentiesFor the first time in his life Ank is described as a #1. :gomer:

:p

ferrarigod
07-26-06, 06:10 PM
like i could pass this up :rofl:

http://www.impawards.com/1984/posters/revenge_of_the_nerds.jpg

Excuse me while I start laughing at that :gomer:

BObby Know's what side his bread has butter on it. He'll keep rocken to the Indy beet!

Denith is that you? Trinidad???? :rofl:

theunions
07-26-06, 06:44 PM
For the first time in his life Ank is described as a #1. :gomer:

:p

He's grown a mullet? :rofl:

CART 500
07-26-06, 07:16 PM
He's grown a mullet? :rofl:

3 Crappies together AT a race??????????? :confused:

Natty
07-26-06, 07:46 PM
:gomer: :squared:

Spicoli
07-26-06, 08:40 PM
:gomer: :squared:

NATTY?

:saywhat:

Bitter John
07-26-06, 09:25 PM
Anyone have pics of his hospitality in, was it Edmonton???

SteveH
07-26-06, 09:39 PM
NATTY?

:saywhat:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

greenie
07-26-06, 09:54 PM

Sounds suspiciously like a mush brain.

RusH
07-26-06, 10:02 PM
Wow, cool thread.. need more Fred Zeppelin :laugh:

FTG
07-26-06, 10:04 PM
Maybe so but here is the story I heard last weekend. My cousin, who doesn't follow racing of any kind, took his 4 year old son to Long Beach this year

If I had a four year old, I'd teach them not to take candy from strangers. I'd teach them that people who offer them things might be trying to hurt them. Fortunately, most four year olds are smart enough to figure that out. Even if they can't spell integrity, they understand it.

Anteater
07-26-06, 10:34 PM
This year, Bobby Rahal and his boy watched the LBGP standing about 10 feet away from me (which was an interesting experience), and it made me think about how I'd feel if he came back to CCWS. While I have a pretty healthy measure of resentment for what he did in '04, I think it would be a positive thing if this former champion returned to the fold.

cameraman, I'm sorry your friend's kid had such a bad experience--4-year-old kids should be exempt from that kind of treatment. :(

emjaya
07-26-06, 10:57 PM
Andretti, Ganassi, Penske, Rahal, Foyt, If they want to race Champcar then let them.There is not enough hate in CCWS, we need more teams to hate.

:D