PDA

View Full Version : Rome is burning

Spicoli
07-24-06, 08:42 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0105/51010005

Mang, there's some juicy crap in there for you fellow haters. :laugh: Cavin's *perplexed* and see's no new teams, diminishing car counts, apathy and some other not so flattering stuff for Team EARL.

pchall
07-24-06, 09:08 PM
Rome is a layer of grey/black smoking earth. It's all over except for the Tony Tantrums.

emjaya
07-24-06, 09:11 PM
the IRL arguably has the most exciting racing in the world coupled with the ultimate premier open wheel event. Throw in a talented group of young drivers like Hornish, Wheldon, Castroneves, Buddy Rice and, of course, Danica.

Some true believers in there as well, still living the "Vision".

Al Czervik
07-24-06, 09:18 PM
Not a good sign when Cave-in loses the faith :rofl:

pchall
07-24-06, 09:40 PM
Not a good sign when Cave-in loses the faith :rofl:

The last steak dinner Fred Nation bought him must have been tofu.

SurfaceUnits
07-24-06, 10:38 PM
Mang, there's some juicy crap in there for you fellow haters. :laugh: Cavin's *perplexed* and see's no new teams, diminishing car counts, apathy and some other not so flattering stuff for Team EARL.No new teams??? What about the 7 new Vision teams for '07?

nrc
07-24-06, 10:50 PM
I can't get a read on TG as to whether he's concerned.
"Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?"

SurfaceUnits
07-24-06, 11:06 PM
Cadaver: I think you're right; they(EARL Beefarter engines) are too loud. I don't know if it's because all the Hondas have the same sound or what, but it would be nice to get the turbos back in the IRL. Much better sound. :laugh:

My greatest fear is that it's going to be some cold day in December when TG and KK realize they're only capable of fielding 13 cars each for the upcoming season, and it will be too late to react. :rolleyes: Have no fear cadaver, I'm sure KK will let you sit in the back of the only American open wheel media room, as long as you keep your trap shut.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those earlers sure have a world of confidence in the VISION:

I have been an IRL supporter since 1996. I have been attending the 500 since 1964. I go to four IRL races a year, St. Pete, Indy, Michigan and Kentucky. I wear IRL gear. I am a Downforce member.

I strongly believe that is time for a merger and that it must take place next year. In case Tony George hasn't noticed, the IRL is down to 18 cars, now that Eddie Cheever is parked his effort. I fully expect to see more sponsors leave the IRL by next year, because of the lack of exposure. I also believe that there is going to be several defections of some of the teams to other series, such as American Lemans or Grand Am. (possibly Champ Car)

I have tried to keep my interest, but am slowly losing it, along with my patience. I refuse to travel great distances, and pay hard earned money to watch so few cars. Mr. George had better wake up and face reality.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it that the only peeps screeming for mergification are the ones who have their noses firmly inserted in tg's backside?

Ankf00
07-25-06, 02:02 AM
http://gawtry.net/peter/images/367.gif

devilmaster
07-25-06, 04:10 AM
"Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?"

http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/headbang.gif

FanofMario
07-25-06, 12:23 PM
Agreed about the burning. :) What I don't understand is how alleged businessmen like RP, Chipper and the folks at AGR are not looking for a way out. The writing is right on the wall----CC attracts actual fans, new teams, new venues and an affordable way to race. These people didn't get where they are by being dumb---what gives? :saywhat:

racer2c
07-25-06, 12:29 PM
Agreed about the burning. :) What I don't understand is how alleged businessmen like RP, Chipper and the folks at AGR are not looking for a way out. The writing is right on the wall----CC attracts actual fans, new teams, new venues and an affordable way to race. These people didn't get where they are by being dumb---what gives? :saywhat:

The false sense that Tony gives of a merger. Those guys don't need a way out, they have NASCAR and sports car teams. If the IRL is done, they walk away.

Keep in mind that these guys on a daily basis work with their sponsors telling them why the IRL is better than Champ Car. For them to just one day say "well, forget all we've been saying, Champ Car is better now" would be silly. They'll simply say "we've got room on our stock car and sports car for ya".

Spicoli
07-25-06, 01:05 PM

Everyone but RP is a slave to the Homoco $$$$$. They will do as and when Homoco tells them. Cept for Booby, he's just folding except for ethanol $$$.

homoco went to KK with a proposal, they were told No THANKS.

see ya later alligator. :laugh:

dando
07-25-06, 01:23 PM
Everyone but RP is a slave to the Homoco $$$$$. They will do as and when Homoco tells them. Cept for Booby, he's just folding except for ethanol $$$.

Bingo. Give the man a red hat. (first thing he's got right since Danicle's preggers) :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Spicoli
07-25-06, 01:32 PM
Bingo. Give the man a red hat. (first thing he's got right since Danicle's preggers) :gomer: :p

-Kevin

[defender mode]

let it go man

[/defender mode]

pineapple
07-25-06, 02:14 PM
Rome is a great, legendary city. 16th & Georgetown is a back alley in comparison.

Nero was an accomplished fiddler. His vision was not clouded, not even with smoke of his burning city in his eyes.

Comparing pagodaville to the ancient grandeur of Rome is blasphemy.

Comparing an accomplished musician such as Nero to, well...you get the point.

:)

FanofMario
07-25-06, 03:02 PM
If the IRL is done, they walk away.

RP would never walk away from his 500. :gomer:

pferrf1
07-25-06, 03:37 PM

I would suspect that if the IRL is about to go away, RP brokers a deal b/w TG & the Frances to have NASACR buy into the league (more like being given equity in the league) to keep OW product on ISC tracks and keep the I500 in existence without RP having to lose face in his dealings with KK et al.

cameraman
07-25-06, 04:59 PM
A series of IRL races in support of Nextel cup weekends (the roads courses and whichever ovals are not absolutely suicidal) plus the Indy 500. Open wheel diminished to a support series keeping the Frances happy. IRL ends up 100% isc races + indy. I can see them going for it :rolleyes: :flame:

racer2c
07-25-06, 05:06 PM

Right, he's got a tin top team that will be there for the '07 400 and the Brickyard 500 in May '08. :gomer:

JLMannin
07-27-06, 06:38 PM
Right, he's got a tin top team that will be there for the '07 400 and the Brickyard 500 in May '08. :gomer:

It won't be the Brickyeard 500 - it will be the Rumford 500 presented by Clabber Girl. It will be tin-tops, and we will hear all about the restoration of all traditions Holy in Marion County, as the early days of the 500 featured stock cars.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-27-06, 08:15 PM
:gomer: