PDA

View Full Version : Ranger

Spicoli
07-24-06, 03:16 PM
What's the deal from here on out? Is it over after Montreal?

Kids got a future it seems.....or does it?

devilmaster
07-24-06, 06:21 PM
I think he's got speed and talent.

Too bad he can't bring enough money to the table, because he can't afford to break it.

nrc
07-24-06, 06:46 PM
Tide logos looked bigger at Edmonton - probably just a Canada thing. :(

RHR_Fan
07-24-06, 09:51 PM
Tim pulled a cruel joke on me during quals and said that AR crashed. I was like "well s****, his season's over." Then he told me he was kidding.

I hope he's in the car for the rest of the year. Yeah Montreal is granted and then what. Too bad he's not able to push the car to the limit or else he could be doing even better.

~Nicole

KLang
07-28-06, 09:01 AM
MSR Houston Racing School stepping up to help out this weekend.

link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10637)

Spicoli
07-28-06, 09:36 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

devilmaster
07-28-06, 10:04 AM
MSR Houston Racing School stepping up to help out this weekend.

Are they going to give free 'don't crash' lessons to Dangerous Dan? ;)

Dave99
08-01-06, 09:48 PM
Ranger... What's the deal from here on out? Is it over after Montreal?
There was talk last weekend that Ranger will have WalMart 'pods in 07. ;)

Keep it under your hat though, ok? :D

Look for Tide 'pods for Montreal. That's probably not news, but it was for me. :gomer:

nrc
08-01-06, 10:12 PM
There was talk last weekend that Ranger will have WalMart 'pods in 07. ;)

Keep it under your hat though, ok? :D

Look for Tide 'pods for Montreal. That's probably not news, but it was for me. :gomer:

I thought the spiffy Wal*mart paint was for Montreal.

Spicoli
08-08-06, 09:59 AM
Evidently Ranger sits for Denver. :rolleyes:

how fargin stupid is that?

jonovision_man
08-08-06, 10:12 AM
Tide logos looked bigger at Edmonton - probably just a Canada thing. :(

Canada has bigger logos than the rest of the world? :)

Hope Ranger can get the funding, I think he's good enough to be out there. And with Tags probably in his last season of ChampCar, it'd be nice to keep at least one of each brand of Canadian (French and English :)) for 2007.

jono

TKGAngel
08-08-06, 10:15 AM

how fargin stupid is that?

So that makes 15 cars for Denver? The usual 18 minus Kasemets, Shorty and now Ranger?

Spicoli
08-08-06, 11:07 AM
So that makes 15 cars for Denver? The usual 18 minus Kasemets, Shorty and now Ranger?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4148379

per below, not sure. but this dooder says Andrew is out for Denco. :shakehead

Footnotes

Canada's Andrew Ranger, who is fifth in the Champ Car standings and has started the previous nine races, is not entered for Denver. Mi-Jack Conquest Racing has entered two cars, including what has been Ranger's No. 27 Lola, but that seat has not been filled....The Denver field is at 16 cars, which would be a season low for Champ Car.... The doctor for Cristiano da Matta, who has been hospitalized in Wisconsin since hitting a deer during a test session Thursday at Road America, said the driver is showing slow improvement, but still is sedated and unconscious.

Fitti Fan
08-08-06, 11:30 AM
Tim pulled a cruel joke on me during quals and said that AR crashed. I was like "well s****, his season's over." Then he told me he was kidding.

I hope he's in the car for the rest of the year. Yeah Montreal is granted and then what. Too bad he's not able to push the car to the limit or else he could be doing even better.

~Nicole

Smack your brother for me will ya?

extramundane
08-08-06, 11:46 AM
Enrico Toccacelo had been testing w/ Conquest so I'm guessing he gets the seat, barring a last-minute cash-infusion from Ranger's handlers.

pchall
08-08-06, 02:05 PM
Enrico Toccacelo had been testing w/ Conquest so I'm guessing he gets the seat, barring a last-minute cash-infusion from Ranger's handlers.

The Champ Car site has Toccacelo listed as a Conquest driver now.

oddlycalm
08-08-06, 02:19 PM

how fargin stupid is that? On a 1-10 positive scale it's around a 7.5 IMO.... It says something very negative about the series to have the 5th place driver sitting out races, regardless of the financial specifics. :thumdown:

This is one of those situations where the series has to take a gut check and decide if it wants to be taken seriously. Focusing on the new car and next years is fine, but it's still this year last I looked, and a few new eyes will be watching this week.

Regardless of how it happened, two pieces of Champcar news made the mainstream media in the last two weeks and it would be wise if Champcar put it's best foot forward in Denver rather than showing up with a decimated grid and glib talk about how great 2007 will be.

oc

Dr. Corkski
08-08-06, 02:52 PM
Wonder how much it had to do with Frodo getting punted by some unqualified idiot that was 7 laps down?

Spicoli
08-08-06, 03:50 PM
On a 1-10 positive scale it's around a 7.5 IMO.... It says something very negative about the series to have the 5th place driver sitting out races, regardless of the financial specifics. :thumdown:

This is one of those situations where the series has to take a gut check and decide if it wants to be taken seriously. Focusing on the new car and next years is fine, but it's still this year last I looked, and a few new eyes will be watching this week.

Regardless of how it happened, two pieces of Champcar news made the mainstream media in the last two weeks and it would be wise if Champcar put it's best foot forward in Denver rather than showing up with a decimated grid and glib talk about how great 2007 will be.

oc

Yep, they have a looooong history of hurting themselves. one gain, one loss. never freakin ends.... :thumdown:

skaven
08-08-06, 04:38 PM
On a 1-10 positive scale it's around a 7.5 IMO.... It says something very negative about the series to have the 5th place driver sitting out races, regardless of the financial specifics. :thumdown:

oc

:shakehead (at the situation)

:thumbup: (at your post)

Yep, I'll be there this weekend entertaining clients (one of them a first-time Champcar attendee from North Carolina - ie. used to 43 car fields) explaining the low car count and trying to put a positive spin on how "next year will be great."

If 2007 is to be a big year, we can't afford to finish this year with a whimper. Last year we got lucky with Seabass' coming from last place and winning with on-track passes... and everyone left feeling like they got their money's worth. It's pretty hard to put on a good show with only 16 cars on the grid.

theunions
08-09-06, 03:32 PM
He's now in officially for this weekend.

"First of all, I want to say that my thoughts are with Cristiano (da Matta) and his family, I wish him a quick and full recovery," expressed Ranger. "As for Denver, I think it is a great city to go to. My race there last year didn't go as planned and I would like to make up for it this year with a good performance. Ending the weekend on a high note would be fantastic, especially with the next race taking place in Montreal."

Spicoli
08-09-06, 03:39 PM
He's now in officially for this weekend.

FKNA!

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

trauma1
08-09-06, 03:42 PM
babalefished

Andrew Ranger will be in Denver this weekend Joined by OnRoule.ca yesterday, Alan Labrosse, the manager Andrew To arrange and promoter of the Great Price Field Bus of Montreal, assure us that its foal will be indeed at the beginning of the next race of the series Champ Bus. It also benefitted from it to comment on the rumour that Jacques Villeneuve would have been approximate to control in Field Bus in Montreal in August. The situation of Andrew makes much jaser since the beginning of season, throughout the week a rumour ran on the various specialized forums of discussion, including ours, namely that Andrew would not be at the beginning of the race of Denver for lack of money. This situation would have been, it should be acknowledged, embarrassing for the series Champ Bus and the team Conquest Semi-Jack because the young person is currently 5e with the classification although it controls on?ufs since the beginning of the season, and all that at the dawn of the test of Montreal. Alan Labrosse assure us that Andrew will be at the beginning of the two next tests, that is to say: Denver and Montreal. As regards Jacques Villeneuve and rumour which wants that it was made offer the wheel of the car #10 of the RuSPORT team, that controlled Cristiano da Matta, for the weekend of Montreal. Mr Labrosse said that the participation of Jacques in the Great Price of Field Bus of Montreal was "speculation only".

oddlycalm
08-09-06, 08:32 PM
babalefishedCouldn't have said it any better myself.... ;)

The good news is that he'll be in the car this weekend :thumbup:

oc