PDA

View Full Version : Smoke = Joke

racer2c
07-24-06, 12:10 PM
If I hear one more TV sports announcer refer to Tony Stewart as 'smoke' I'm going to barf.

I'm browsing around Speed and read this. I guess if you can't beat em', spin em' and then flick em' off. :gomer:

Edwards eventually finished 39th after getting a black flag of his own: on lap 67, he gave Tony some payback by spinning the No.20 entering pit road under caution. The result dropped Edwards to 14th in points, severely hurting his chances to make the Chase, while Stewart rallied from the back to finish seventh and return to the top-10 in points.

"I've got to choose my words carefully," Edwards said. "Let me just say this, if it weren't for respect of the sport and the people watching, he'd be out there bleeding right now.

"How can a person make it this far in life being that much of a jerk? He ran into Clint [Bowyer]. I saw it on the big screen. He turned into Clint and took both him and I out and probably made it just about impossible for us to make the Chase, and then when I pull up beside him and wave my hand like, 'What was that about?' He gives me the finger.

Pudgy ^%**().

NASCAR = Family Fun. :gomer:

Accipiter
07-24-06, 12:14 PM
Did you see him after the race? "We didn't have these problems when the #3 was around..." or some crap. Dude, the first guy Earnhardt would be schooling if he was still out there is you!

What a prick.

TKGAngel
07-24-06, 12:17 PM
Carl Edwards wants to beat him up!

I've got to choose my words carefully - if it weren't for the respect of the sport and the people watching and his team, he'd be out there bleeding right now," Edwards fumed. "That's so frustrating. How can a person make it this far in life being such a jerk?

From Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060724/3027642.asp)

Wheel-Nut
07-24-06, 12:21 PM
Carl Edwards wants to beat him up!

From Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060724/3027642.asp)

I get the feeling there's a long line ahead of Carl.

FailureByDesign
07-24-06, 12:29 PM
I get the feeling there's a long line ahead of Carl.

Yeah but I'm sure they will all step aside to let Carl handle it, because Carl has all the muscles.

TKGAngel
07-24-06, 12:41 PM
Yeah but I'm sure they will all step aside to let Carl handle it, because Carl has all the muscles.

Did you see Carl Edwards on the cover of ESPN mag a few months ago? Talk about a 6 pack.

pchall
07-24-06, 03:04 PM
Did you see him after the race? "We didn't have these problems when the #3 was around..." or some crap. Dude, the first guy Earnhardt would be schooling if he was still out there is you!

What a prick.

St. Dale's way of wrangling the unruly was to punt them out of the way. Nice to see Fat Smoke -- another IRL grad -- whine like the Princess.