PDA

View Full Version : Who will Pagenaud drive for if he moves up next year?

Jayblues
07-23-06, 10:41 PM
Would Team Aussie move him up (maybe into Tags seat)? Surely there is more than one or two teams who would happily give him a drive if he brought the $2 mill? Would SEEBASS want him along side (and along side Rahal based on todays stories).

Surely someone is thinking of ordering a car or two on his (money's) behalf. Of course he might not win the series but it sure looks that way....

nrc
07-23-06, 11:19 PM
Still four races to go so it's a bit early to hand out the 2 mill.

But I don't know if it's a 2 mill gift certificate payable to any CC team or if it's restricted to just certain teams.

Insomniac
07-24-06, 08:44 AM
Still four races to go so it's a bit early to hand out the 2 mill.

But I don't know if it's a 2 mill gift certificate payable to any CC team or if it's restricted to just certain teams.

I wondered about that too. I hope the 2M doesn't turn into the haves having more.

Andrew Longman
07-24-06, 09:11 AM

As it has been described it can be applied to any CC team.

That's not to say that the principals can't come to agreements with each other (a la Servia last year) about what's best for the series.

Happily or not the series is soon likely to be healthy enough that the owners are not likely to be quite so gentlemanly.

But of course even if the Atlantics champ ends up at a top ride that's likely to mean that he/she is displacing a top driver who can be picked up by another team.