PDA

View Full Version : Clarke

cameraman
07-23-06, 04:53 PM
Will somebody please beat him with a stick :shakehead

Dan Clarke #14 CTE Racing-HVM Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone - "I think I've shown this weekend that I can race hard, fight back when the chips are down, and stick with it through the good times and the bad. It was a tough race, but ultimately rewarding. It's always made more difficult if you're not on the lead lap and on a different race strategy, but I learn from these experiences. Today we came away with valuable championship points as well.

What you showed the world was your magical skill at punting people via botched passing attempts. Twit.

devilmaster
07-23-06, 04:55 PM
has deep throttle started a scorecard on him? ;)

Accipiter
07-23-06, 05:47 PM
That kid is expensive. Both for his team and others.

KLang
07-23-06, 05:49 PM
It's too bad really. He has shown the speed at times. Just doesn't seem to have the brains yet.

Spicoli
07-23-06, 08:03 PM
Will somebody please beat him with a stick :shakehead

What you showed the world was your magical skill at punting people via botched passing attempts. Twit.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

GOFAST1
07-23-06, 08:04 PM
This kid is good and a real racer. First year and so yung and wants it so bad. I love it. Mistakes? Yes, but then again look what old big names boneheads did in Long beach and Huston.Give him a brake!Do you want Sunday oround we go driver or real racer who wants to win and pushing so hard.

TravelGal
07-23-06, 08:05 PM
It's too bad really. He has shown the speed at times. Just doesn't seem to have the brains yet.

The problem is that the speed is more often used driving into someone than around the track. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :saywhat: Could we just get the hook BEFORE he starts the race? Please?

Edit: GoFast, I'd agree with you if he didn't punt *more* than one car per race (not even counting his own). I mean, c'mon here. :rolleyes:

Insomniac
07-24-06, 08:46 AM
Reminds me of Mario Dominguez. Just needs to learn to reign it in at times.

racer2c
07-24-06, 09:09 AM
Pull his license.

Anteater
07-24-06, 09:23 AM
"Speedy" has demonstrated that he can live up to his name, but I'm getting so sick of watching him take out other drivers! I felt very badly for Jan Heylen during the latest incident--he'd had such a good weekend for DCR up to that point.

Easy
07-24-06, 10:37 AM
That kid is expensive. Both for his team and others.

I'm sure HVM invoices him for parts on a monthly or per-race basis. As for the others, they are SOL.

mueber
07-24-06, 11:00 AM
This is one of the few things that a merger WOULD fix.

Insomniac
07-24-06, 12:41 PM
This is one of the few things that a merger WOULD fix.

I doubt it. Ride buyers bring money through personal connections that the teams can't get.

Dr. Corkski
07-24-06, 01:29 PM
One of these days Israel is going to bomb a Champ Car race mistaking that guy for a Hezbollah rocket.

Fio1
07-24-06, 02:52 PM
One of these days Israel is going to bomb a Champ Car race mistaking that guy for a Hezbollah rocket. :laugh:

Come on man. For a guy stepping up from British F3 I think he's doing ok. The guy has the speed, he just needs to calm down a bit. But, calming a fast guy down is a lot easier then getting a slow guy up to speed. The guy could win a race.....How many guys do you know could out-break Paul Tracy into T1 at Portland? :)

pferrf1
07-24-06, 03:08 PM
:laugh:

Come on man. For a guy stepping up from British F3 I think he's doing ok. The guy has the speed, he just needs to calm down a bit. But, calming a fast guy down is a lot easier then getting a slow guy up to speed. The guy could win a race.....How many guys do you know could out-break Paul Tracy into T1 at Portland? :)

Witness Andrew Ranger.....

Sean O'Gorman
07-24-06, 05:43 PM
I like Dan, let him keep wrecking, he'll eventually calm it down.

devilmaster
07-24-06, 06:15 PM
I like Dan, let him keep wrecking, he'll eventually calm it down.

There might be only 4 cars taking the green at Mexico if Dan keeps it up...

CART_Surfer
07-24-06, 06:34 PM
"Speedy" has demonstrated that he can live up to his name, but I'm getting so sick of watching him take out other drivers! I felt very badly for Jan Heylen during the latest incident--he'd had such a good weekend for DCR up to that point.

At the fan fest in Toronto (was standing next to Jayblues and unbeknown right behind RHR fan after seeing his pics) someone asked Legge and Heylen who they thought was the most crazy driver out on the track, both of them looked at each other and smiled before stating Speedy Dan. Katherine also went on to say that she couldn't help but have a little giggle when she saw Dan snuggled up against the wall and tires in the first couple of minutes of Qualifying 2.

Lux Interior
07-24-06, 07:23 PM
He's a rookie, but if he is still driving like an idiot at the last race and has shown no improvement, I do not think he will be back. He does seem to be trying hard I'll give him that. He needs to listednto yoda: Patience must you learn, strong is the power of a Cossie turbo.

Sean O'Gorman
07-24-06, 09:01 PM
The way I look at it, if you are going to be a midpack racing, might as well show some ****ing aggression and hope it gets somewhere.

racer2c
07-24-06, 09:18 PM
The way I look at it, if you are going to be a midpack racing, might as well show some ****ing aggression and hope it gets somewhere.

I agree, except when you start taking your competitors out.

Dumbass Dan. :)