PDA

View Full Version : Corvettes Up, Audi's Down

NismoZ
07-22-06, 07:28 AM
Balance? Looks more like a see-saw! Lolas are 143 lbs. lighter than the R-10s so Dyson goes 1-2 and the Corvettes get less restriction but more fuel and they take the front as well. Still 199 lbs heavier, I think. Aston is upset, but doesn't sound angry. Paper racing. May be necessary but just doesn't seem right somehow. I guess Le Mans is going to restrict the Diesel fuel tanks next year as well to negate the mpg advantage, I thought that was the whole point of the exercize!?

oddlycalm
07-22-06, 10:25 AM
Saw the R10 in person for the first time at the Audi party Wednesday night. Nice looking car, great party on Audi's dime.

Gonna be a very hot weekend for racing. It was 104 in Portland yesterday at it's going to be the same today and the same for the race. Miserable, hard on the equipment and whoever is reliable will probably win.

At 7am here it was nearly 80 degrees this morning.... :eek:

oc

Sean O'Gorman
07-22-06, 10:32 AM
Mid-season rules changes, the addition of Adrian Fernandez on '07, boy, ALMS is almost turning into Grand-Am! :gomer:

Accipiter
07-22-06, 10:43 AM
I guess Le Mans is going to restrict the Diesel fuel tanks next year as well to negate the mpg advantage, I thought that was the whole point of the exercize!?

That's at the urging of the ALMS, because they realize, unlike the ACO, that you have to take care of your privateers who aren't going to have multi-million Euro diesel engine projects if you want to have anything resembling a car count away from Le Mans.

extramundane
07-22-06, 01:15 PM
Mid-season rules changes, the addition of Adrian Fernandez on '07, boy, ALMS is almost turning into Grand-Am! :gomer:

Nah, the cars don't look like arse yet.

oddlycalm
07-22-06, 04:44 PM
Nah, the cars don't look like arse yet. True, and the engines didn't come out of Aunt Ethel's POS sedan.

oc

FCYTravis
07-23-06, 06:39 AM
So, why aren't you whining about Aunt Olivier's POS pushrod faux-GT car, or Uncle Don's POS Panoz?

Oh yeah, Audi 1-2 again by two laps. Betcha didn't see that coming. :gomer:

On the bright side, Intersport took advantage of Roger's "Penske-perfect" double-DNF. :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
07-23-06, 10:46 AM
So it comes down to what I've known all along, that the "sophistication" of ALMS is really just that the cars are prettier. :gomer:

extramundane
07-23-06, 11:08 AM
So it comes down to what I've known all along, that the "sophistication" of ALMS is really just that the cars are prettier. :gomer:

Pretty much.

My series sucks less than your series. :cry:

oddlycalm
07-24-06, 04:40 AM
On the bright side, Intersport took advantage of Roger's "Penske-perfect" double-DNF. :laugh: Too true. Glad to see Clint Field and Liz Halliday get that win and Penske get snake eyes. As hot as it was I'm surprised the attrition wasn't worse. If it had been as hot as it was Friday (104) it would have probably would have been.

oc

Easy
07-24-06, 10:53 AM
Too true. Glad to see Clint Field and Liz Halliday get that win and Penske get snake eyes. As hot as it was I'm surprised the attrition wasn't worse. If it had been as hot as it was Friday (104) it would have probably would have been.

oc

Tortoise and Hare.

Portland at 100º was hotter than Chicago at 100º. Portland had more of an oven quality than Chicago.