PDA

View Full Version : Danican't to have competition in the last MIS race

FanofMario
07-20-06, 06:32 PM
From the Detroit Free Press:

Sarah Fisher is set to return to the series at MIS in a Dreyer & Reinbold Racing entry. She has made two IRL starts at Michigan, finishing eighth in 2002 and 15th in 2003. In the 2002 race, Fisher took the lead with 10 laps to go, only to be run down by the pack, with Tomas Scheckter winning for Red Bull Cheever Racing. Fisher has been driving sprint and stock cars the past couple of seasons.

And here we thought D&R were on their last legs. I wonder if they will have to use axle grease during the seat fitting. :gomer:

racer2c
07-20-06, 07:21 PM
From the Detroit Free Press:

Sarah Fisher is set to return to the series at MIS in a Dreyer & Reinbold Racing entry. She has made two IRL starts at Michigan, finishing eighth in 2002 and 15th in 2003. In the 2002 race, Fisher took the lead with 10 laps to go, only to be run down by the pack, with Tomas Scheckter winning for Red Bull Cheever Racing. Fisher has been driving sprint and stock cars the past couple of seasons.

And here we thought D&R were on their last legs. I wonder if they will have to use axle grease during the seat fitting. :gomer:

For some strange reason I find myself wanting to see her beat Danickle. Well, actual it's not strange, Danickle has the attitude of a multi-year F1 champ.

Cam
07-20-06, 08:06 PM
For some strange reason I find myself wanting to see her beat Danickle. Well, actual it's not strange, Danickle has the attitude of a multi-year F1 champ.

w00t! Go Sarah! Spank the princess!
:gomer:

NismoZ
07-20-06, 09:05 PM
Exactly the emotion intended...GIRL FIGHT! :D

swift
07-20-06, 10:25 PM
something tells me tickets ain't selling if they have to pull this s*** to get butts in the seats.

FanofMario
07-20-06, 11:47 PM
Swift, the story on the the streets of Indy is this is the last IRL race at MIS. Bringing out Sarah will only add to the usual "pedal to the floor" drama that Crapwagon racing provides. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
07-21-06, 04:20 AM
Swift, the story on the the streets of Indy is this is the last IRL race at MIS. Bringing out Sarah will only add to the usual "pedal to the floor" drama that Crapwagon racing provides. :gomer:

Really. One more track that the IRL failed at after CART did. Seems just wrong that the IRL will race at only one big, proper oval (IMS), and CC will race at none of any kind.

This has the smell of Tony bucks trying to fill the field and spice up the event.

dando
07-21-06, 10:46 AM
Sweet! I might hafta watch dat shizzle! While wearing a body condom, of course. :)

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-21-06, 12:18 PM
Will pressdog survive to write about this?

Stu
07-22-06, 12:38 AM
hopefully danica crashes into sarah, knocking them both out on the 2nd lap and giving the announcers nothing to talk about the rest of the race.

Lizzerd
07-22-06, 01:58 AM
hopefully danica crashes into sarah, knocking them both out on the 2nd lap and giving the announcers nothing to talk about the rest of the race.

That would be soooo coool.... :thumbup: :D

One question I have, though, if it wasn't on the seconf lap, would Danicile be lapping DNFisher, the other way around, or would it be for position?

That's one non injuryous (is that a word?) crash that I'd love to see.

Insomniac
07-22-06, 09:27 AM
That would be soooo coool.... :thumbup: :D

One question I have, though, if it wasn't on the seconf lap, would Danicile be lapping DNFisher, the other way around, or would it be for position?

That's one non injuryous (is that a word?) crash that I'd love to see.

And what would she call Sarah on her radio after the incident?

EDwardo
07-22-06, 10:08 AM
I just saw a report stating it's all off.

Seems Sarah forgot to bring the checkbook.

No Tony Bucks Soup for you!!!!!

Insomniac
07-22-06, 10:21 AM

I was surprised it was even considered. Why would Sarah want to be compared to Danica all weekend, especially when by default, Danica would have the better car? I'm sure their ability to put the pedal all the way down is equal. Sarah had almost everything to lose unless she could do better than Danica in inferior equipment.

cart7
07-22-06, 06:21 PM

Yep

Link (http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=7158)

“We had talked to Sarah about that possibility and things gained some momentum and that momentum pretty much went away. At this point and time, I don’t know, but it looks pretty doubtful I would say.”

So any eligible driver with helmet and sponsorship check in hand should apply.

“Beyond this weekend and Sonoma, I really don’t know what we are going to do in the future,” Reinbold said.

Sounds like D&R racing's future is in doubt as well.

Hameroids
07-22-06, 11:07 PM
They could call it "The Bush Clash".