PDA

View Full Version : Nacho Libre

Spicoli
07-20-06, 10:55 AM
I actually thought it was really funny. My 4 year old laughed his a$$ off.

anyone else see it? Why did it suck at El box0 offic0?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/1888/1888.jpg

rosawendel
07-20-06, 11:06 AM
because napoleon dynamite was an absolute fluke - a one-off movie with a quirky, original storyline and actors that no one ever heard of, and people thought it was charming.

and nacho libre wasn't.

nacho libre used jack black, someone everyone heard of, who obviously was doing an "over the top" impression to pull the character off. the charm of the first movie didn't make it to the second.

Spicoli
07-20-06, 12:08 PM
because napoleon dynamite was an absolute fluke - a one-off movie with a quirky, original storyline and actors that no one ever heard of, and people thought it was charming.

and nacho libre wasn't.

nacho libre used jack black, someone everyone heard of, who obviously was doing an "over the top" impression to pull the character off. the charm of the first movie didn't make it to the second.

pfffft.

It was funny as hell. What are you, a mexibilly who got a-fendered by eet?

Napoleon D was turd-sto0pid.

:gomer:

SteveH
07-20-06, 12:16 PM
I'm a Jack Black fan, I enjoyed the movie. Kind of stupid but I knew that going in. :)

Tenacious D rocks :thumbup:

G.
07-20-06, 12:17 PM
Is it cool to take an 8 yr old?

(note: there are movies that I would take a 4 yr old to that I would NOT take an 8 yr old to).

RichK
07-20-06, 12:47 PM
Napoleon D was turd-sto0pid.

:gomer:

Sacrilege!

<edit> GOSH!

Spicoli
07-20-06, 12:59 PM
Is it cool to take an 8 yr old?

(note: there are movies that I would take a 4 yr old to that I would NOT take an 8 yr old to).

I did, my 6 y.o. and 4 y.o boys. nothin really bad in it at all.

Sean O'Gorman
07-20-06, 01:00 PM
I actually thought it was really funny.

Wasn't it a children's movie?

And Napoleon Dynamite sucks, only high schoolers and retards found it funny. Then again, most of the morons who liked it also like Dane Cook. :shakehead

G.
07-20-06, 01:10 PM
And Napoleon Dynamite sucks, only high schoolers and retards found it funny. Then again, most of the morons who liked it also like Dane Cook. :shakehead
I found NapDy to be a rather painful, unauthorized, semi-autobiographical account of my high school years. :(

(thx Spikkly, might have to take a few of the g's to it.)

Spicoli
07-20-06, 01:11 PM

Nope, I thought it just a funny movie I could watch with my boys.

Beat the hell out of finding nemo for the 47th time! :0

extramundane
07-20-06, 01:35 PM

I'm sure the Hess brothers are heartbroken to have missed the crucial Opie & Anthony demographic. :gomer:

Ankf00
07-20-06, 01:45 PM
I'm sure the Hess brothers are heartbroken to have missed the crucial Opie & Anthony demographic. :gomer:
:laugh: exactly what I was thinking.

for a CYHSY hater, you're not so bad :p

extramundane
07-20-06, 02:02 PM
:laugh: exactly what I was thinking.

for a CYHSY hater, you're not so bad :p

If there's one thing that brings us all together, it's SOG-bashing! :D