PDA

View Full Version : El Cortez In Vegas?

NismoZ
07-20-06, 09:30 AM
Geez, $286 per person, Apr. 6-8 (from Chicago) for room and flight seems very reasonable. WAY cheaper than the big new places further down the way. Never been to Vegas but Yahoo says it's recently renovated (only 2 stars) and it is on Fremont right at the track! No fitness or pool but plenty to eat! :) Anybody know anything? What else is at "The Fremont Experience"? If we book now will we beat a race price rise? Any balconies facing the street? :D

NismoZ
07-20-06, 12:42 PM
Holy Crap. Word must be out. Just checked back a couple of hours later and I get "No hotel/flight combinations available for the dates you specified." How efficient. :mad:

indyfan31
07-20-06, 03:35 PM
Consider yourself lucky. ;)

CART License
07-23-06, 03:02 AM
If I'm staying downtown the only clean hotel is the Golden nugget but I'm a bit spoiled www.goldennugget.com just ask my wife

JoeBob
07-23-06, 12:12 PM
Main Street Station downtown is supposed to be pretty okay as well.

The best Las Vegas Hotel Reviews are here: http://www.cheapovegas.com/

manic mechanic
07-23-06, 03:42 PM
Main Street Station downtown is supposed to be pretty okay as well.

The best Las Vegas Hotel Reviews are here: http://www.cheapovegas.com/

MSS is the best value and the 2nd nicest place downtown. :thumbup:

The Cal doesn't suck either.

We will be staying at MSS (probably comped).

manic

Rob
07-23-06, 04:02 PM
I went to Vegas in April and stayed a couple of nights at the Four Queens downtown. It was a good value, except for the fact that my room was directly across from the elevator. That hotel is right next to the Fremont Street Experience, which is sort of an electronic light and music show broadcast every hour on the hour until 11pm or midnight. Each show lasts about ten minutes and is a different performance each time. I found it captivating enough to get me to watch three of them consecutively.

manic mechanic
08-02-06, 01:25 PM
MSS is the best value and the 2nd nicest place downtown. :thumbup:

The Cal doesn't suck either.

We will be staying at MSS (probably comped).

manic

I should have added that my wife and I are "rated" by this hotel group (we stay there 5-6 times per year and play a lot) and that is the reason we will probably get the room comped.

Just to clarify. ;)

manic

ANAYA YATES
08-02-06, 03:55 PM
Nizmo.....

Do NOT stay at the El Cortez. It is such a dive it's beyond belief. Unless you like seeing the rougher side of life :confused:

Stick with the hotels that are reputable.

Just throwing my 2 cents in and saving you from a weekend of discomfort.

ANAYA YATES

manic mechanic
08-19-06, 09:05 PM
I should have added that my wife and I are "rated" by this hotel group (we stay there 5-6 times per year and play a lot) and that is the reason we will probably get the room comped.

Just to clarify. ;)

manic

UPDATE:

I called my host at MSS and our room is booked BUT: If you are considering going to the race you'd better get on the ball if you want to stay in close proximity to the track. Rooms are at a premium for that weekend due to the race being at the doorstep of several hotels downtown.

I was also told that many rooms are being "blocked out" for package deals that include race tickets. Those rooms will probably not go on sale until October or later.

Just passing on the information I was given. :D

Looks like Vegas will be ROCKIN' Easter Weekend 2007!

manic