PDA

View Full Version : Montoya at the Glen?

Andrew Longman
07-19-06, 07:15 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=171732

Most cool for me if true. But I hope Fellows (the usual Bullyhill ringer gets a ride too)

theunions
07-19-06, 07:26 PM
Does Ron still have a deal with Cal Wells, or was that Sears Point only?

RacinM3
07-19-06, 07:28 PM
Better have a cheque with many 00000000000's on it ready for a Mr. Ron Dennis.

Cam
07-19-06, 08:03 PM

Yup. Don't get excited over this just yet.

TKGAngel
07-20-06, 08:30 AM
Jayski says that his record may not automatically grant him a NASCAR licence. TPTB would prefer that he get some experience in the Busch Series before stepping into Cup.

'splain this one to me please: a multiple series champion has to prove himself, but moving chicanes like Carl Long, Kirk Shelmerdine and other goobers are given a free pass? WTF!

Andrew Longman
07-20-06, 08:48 AM
Jayski says that his record may not automatically grant him a NASCAR licence. TPTB would prefer that he get some experience in the Busch Series before stepping into Cup.

'splain this one to me please: a multiple series champion has to prove himself, but moving chicanes like Carl Long, Kirk Shelmerdine and other goobers are given a free pass? WTF!

On a road course no less. It really was better back in the days when to get a license you needed a licensed driver to vouch for you. That would stop silliness like this from happening (JG and others would do it in a heartbeat) and keep fools like Carl Long (and Paul Dana RIP) out of cars they don't belong in.

nrc
07-20-06, 08:53 AM
Don't be surprised if a mysterious masked man known only as "El Gordo" jumps into one of the Ganassi cars this weekend.

TKGAngel
07-20-06, 09:10 AM
Don't be surprised if a mysterious masked man known only as "El Gordo" jumps into one of the Ganassi cars this weekend.

Like when Tony Stewart was "Smoke Johnson" a few years ago at Indy?

Spicoli
09-28-06, 10:15 PM
NEW YORK -- Juan Montoya, winner of the Indianapolis 500, smiled at the suggestion he now might want to try NASCAR.

"Maybe when I'm older," he said Tuesday.

The stock cars are too big, too slow and not powerful enough, said the 24-year-old Colombian who climbed auto racing's summit by winning the sport's most famous race in his first try.

Juan Montoya
Juan Montoya's first pitch in Yankee Stadium a little high and inside Tuesday night.

"My No. 1 focus right now is on CART, but in the future I want to race Formula One," Montoya said.

I
NDIANAPOLIS -- The two female drivers in Sunday's 84th Indianapolis 500 had a bit of a catfight in turn one -- and it was caused by a man.

The accident between rookie Sarah Fisher and Lyn St. James on lap 74 happened when another rookie, Jaques Lazier, made a move under Fisher going into Turn 1 and forced Fisher up the track, where she collided with St. James.

Lyn St. James
Lyn St. James' car hits the wall in Turn 1 after making contact with Sarah Fisher's car during on Lap 74.

St. James smacked the wall at the exit of Turn 1. A second later, Fisher hit the concrete in the short chute with a glancing blow

Im sorry, :tony: :rofl:

Spicoli
09-28-06, 10:35 PM
NDIANAPOLIS -- Case closed.

There is no more doubting where the best teams in open-wheel racing work. Four years after speedway boss Tony George chased away the Championship Auto Racing Teams drivers and owners and started a rival circuit, CART owner Chip Ganassi was back home again in Indiana with Juan Montoya in tow and kicking the door back in.

Chip Ganassi
Chip Ganassi's victory just might make other CART owners reconsider their decision to stay away from Indy next year.

Until now, the alphabet war between CART and George's Indy Racing League produced half-truths from guys with axes to grind. Montoya proved just how much louder action can be, winning the Indianapolis 500 on his first try.

:rofl: