PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to Brands?

Kate
04-10-03, 10:54 PM
I'm going to be there with my photographer friend from Montreal; we're also going to Le Mans for the Pre-Q on Sunday, having no interest in the BTCC.

Is anyone going from here?

Lizzerd
04-11-03, 01:18 AM
Oh, my... How I wish...

Kate, will you marry me?

RaceChic
04-11-03, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Oh, my... How I wish...

Kate, will you marry me?

I didn't realize that you were a Canuck also......:)
And, Kate, The men here will all ask you to marry them for a while until they get to know you, then when the novelty wears off they will just make fun of you, expect you to be able to drink tequila shots and play flip cup like a man (right Warlock???):gomer: :gomer: :gomer:
Ah.......Just kidding.....They truly are wonderful guys here.........:thumbup: :thumbup:

Kate
04-11-03, 07:03 AM
If my experience holds true, I am old enough to be their mothers. :cry:

The media situation over there is in total chaos as Octagon has crumbled faster than the Republican Guard (although with no shooting -- they are British) -- so I'm having to arrange interviews in a vacuum with the hope that either I'll get credentials or I can meet them in the paddock with my tape machine and photographer!

A dedicated team of British drivers will be taking us to Le Mans in I think some kind of high class car that they are testing for a magazine; we Canucks will sit in the back seat watching DVDs of old Le Mans races and asking "Are we there yet?" We'll have it all on the website as soon as we (1) get to the media centre or (2) to our hotel(s) which will be like being there without, I fear, the rain....

Kate
04-18-03, 09:46 PM
As of tonight I have an interview set up with Tiago Montiero for Saturday morning.

TrueBrit
04-24-03, 01:54 PM
Yup, I'll be there all three days...

Can't wait!!!

Real racing and REAL beer!!! Yippee!!!

Kate
04-25-03, 06:39 AM
Yet if you listen to some of the Brits who are :cry: ing about the catch fencing, nobody will be able to see a thing. North Americans are used to this kind of fencing and cant' make out what the fuss is all about.

More interviews are falling into place but nothing nailed down yet.

Kate
04-29-03, 07:36 AM
Friday 2 May 2003

London Champ Car Trophy Event press conference

Champ Car World Series will be holding a press conference with Champ Car drivers : Darren Manning, Patrick Carpentier, Mario Haberfeld, Patrick Lemarie,

Sebastien Bourdais, Roberto Moreno, Alex Yoong and Champ Car World Series President & CEO, Chris Pook.

Media are invited to experience a lap of the track, driven by Roberto Moreno, Rodolfo Lavin and Tiago Monteiro in circuit pace cars.

Time: 11.30 – 12.30 Media laps with Champ Car drivers

12.30 – 13.00 Event press conference

12.30 – 14.00 Interviews

Buffet lunch served

Mario Haberfeld flies with the Gold Air aerobatic team, 11am

Mario Haberfeld will be a passenger in a Gold Air aerobatic stunt plane as the team practise for their appearance on race day. Mario will be available for interview after the press conference to discuss his flight. Broadcast quality footage of the flight will be available for broadcast media use. Contact Bill Giles at Gold Air to arrange for tapes and possible interviews at Biggin Hill Airport: Tel 01959 578400 Mob: 07887 961730

Saturday 3 May 2003

Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti is often referred to as the greatest race car driver of all time, having proven himself a winner at all levels of competition. Mario's skilled and versatile driving has produced some of racing history's most legendary accomplishments. Only driver ever to win Champ Car races in four decades. Mario will be available for interview on Saturday. Please contact us to request interview time.

Saturday 3 May – Monday 5 May 2003

Champ Car World Series drivers and team personnel

Drivers and team personnel will be available for interview during the race weekend. Specific requests for interviews can be sent to the Press Office and will be forwarded to the relevant personnel for scheduling.