PDA

View Full Version : Lola parts

KLang
07-18-06, 10:46 AM
Interesting article from Miller about the teams efforts to keep cars on the grid with this season being the finale for the Lola.

Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10558)

Everybody seems to be on the same page, working together and trading parts, and I don't think you would have seen this six or seven years ago in CART.

Elmo T
07-18-06, 11:03 AM
"There's a carbon fiber shortage in the world right now because of Boeing, AirBus and PKV," joked Mark Johnson, who recently assumed GM duties at PKV.

:laugh: :laugh:

Andrew Longman
07-18-06, 12:05 PM
Looks like we may see a Team Oz car running with a Forsythe nose, or some such thing, in the next four weekends.

Bizzare but understandable given the current situation.

Very nice to see the cooperation among teams :thumbup:

TKGAngel
07-18-06, 12:14 PM
Looks like we may see a Team Oz car running with a Forsythe nose, or some such thing, in the next four weekends.

Bizzare but understandable given the current situation.

Very nice to see the cooperation among teams :thumbup:

A Rocketsports car ran with a Forsythe nose at Cleveland. Mid-race, a Forsythe crew car delivered a nose to them.

Andrew Longman
07-18-06, 01:40 PM
A Rocketsports car ran with a Forsythe nose at Cleveland. Mid-race, a Forsythe crew car delivered a nose to them.

Really? I was there and didn't notice. Can't say I spent much time watching the Rocketsport cars though

TKGAngel
07-18-06, 01:48 PM
Really? I was there and didn't notice. Can't say I spent much time watching the Rocketsport cars though

My seats were right in front of the Rocketsports pits. One of the cars comes in for a wing change. Note that this was the 3rd wing that the driver was going through during the race alone (the previous 2 came off in the Turn 1 melee and sliding off in the pits). PG had flipped through a book, picked up his cell and then the wing magically appeared.

Dr. Corkski
07-18-06, 02:05 PM
http://motorsport.com/photos/champcar/2006/cle/champcar-2006-cle-mj-0063.jpg

Gentilozzi has gotten so serious about winning that he is borrowing parts from teams that are actually trying to win! :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
07-18-06, 02:12 PM
I wonder if they "jacked" with the wing before giving to PG?

Is Lola not making anything as far as replacement parts for the current CC?

Insomniac
07-18-06, 02:22 PM
I wonder if they "jacked" with the wing before giving to PG?

The article seems to indicate Lola is making things on an as needed basis (they are not stockig anything and want the money promised to them first).

pchall
07-18-06, 02:36 PM

I don't know about that, but the small shops in Indy that can replicate any Lola suspension bits you need. As for the cf bits for aero -- I know for sure that at least one team pre 2004 (owned by a now IRL guy) had his team making replacement parts in house with molds pulled from Lola originals. The only thing any team might really go back to Lola for would be major tub repair.

Joelski
07-18-06, 03:17 PM
I don't know about that, but the small shops in Indy that can replicate any Lola suspension bits you need. As for the cf bits for aero -- I know for sure that at least one team pre 2004 (owned by a now IRL guy) had his team making replacement parts in house with molds pulled from Lola originals. The only thing any team might really go back to Lola for would be major tub repair.

Complex shapes like brake ducts are probably still cheaper from Lola, transatlantic shipping and all.

Andrew Longman
07-18-06, 03:38 PM
In Drs pic, the pylons under the nose holding the wing are not standard issue Lola, are they not?

NH started fooling around with them 3-4 years ago and now it seems other teams developed that part in their own way too.

With so few races on the car remaining I guess it does not matter if they are giving away secrets. It will take some time to learn how it effects the set ups anyway.

I also wonder if PG gave back the wing after the race or just bought it from GF.