PDA

View Full Version : BRIC (or whatever its called now)

race chica
07-18-06, 09:56 AM
Did anyone make the treck out to RA this weekend for the vintage race? Its my favorite race at RA, I was in Wisconsin for the weekend and didnt even have a chance to get to the track. My uncle decided that it was the perfect weekend to get married.

racer2c
07-18-06, 10:37 AM
You married your uncle? :gomer:

Opposite Lock
07-18-06, 10:40 AM
:rofl:

:banjos:

Dirty Sanchez
07-18-06, 10:41 AM
it's the KIC now (Kohler International Challenge) and it is a fantastic event. was there all four days.

Opposite Lock
07-18-06, 10:41 AM
Is Brian Redman still involved?

Dirty Sanchez
07-18-06, 10:43 AM
yep

http://www.roadamerica.com/2006/images/races/bric/kic_logo.jpg

G.
07-18-06, 11:12 AM
it's the KIC now (Kohler International Challenge) and it is a fantastic event. was there all four days.Got any of them photo-type thingies from the event?

Dirty Sanchez
07-18-06, 11:13 AM
Got any of them photo-type thingies from the event?yeah, about 4000 :D

some smallish ones are up at champweb (mine are the first 30 or so in the gallery)

extramundane
07-18-06, 11:39 AM
I take it no start line smash-em-up this year?

Dirty Sanchez
07-18-06, 11:41 AM
no... the usual mechanical failures and a few solo smash-em-ups...

there was one MAJOR :gomer: move this year, however.

7/15/2006 - Incident Mars Kohler International Challenge at Road America
Elkhart Lake, Wis.—A bizarre road accident involving a McLaren Can-Am car put a damper on festivities on Friday evening July 14th in the Race Car Parade to Elkhart Lake.

A mechanic (not the car's owner) and his 13-year-old son were driving to the festivities in the long line of race cars when he decided to "light up" the tires along the way. He spun the rear tires for about 30 feet and then lost control of the powerful McLaren and it veered to the right, off the highway, narrowly missing spectators and flipped into a water-filled drainage ditch—upside down.

The driver of a Lola T-70 following just behind witnessed the accident and exited his car to help rescue the McLaren passengers, who were not wearing helmets. Driving in the opposite direction was the famous racer, Brian Redman, who also immediately stopped and ran into the water filled ditch to do what he could to help. Only the McLaren's underside could be seen sticking out of the water. Both passengers were pulled from the wreck and, amazingly, other than being covered from head to toe in muck, were relatively unscathed.

Redman said that if the McLaren had veered left instead of right, it probably would have hit his rental car head-on.

Meanwhile, here is another example of too much horsepower and not enough brains behind the wheel, that could have turned out much worse.

Spicoli
07-18-06, 11:58 AM
no... the usual mechanical failures and a few solo smash-em-ups...

there was one MAJOR :gomer: move this year, however.

7/15/2006 - Incident Mars Kohler International Challenge at Road America
Elkhart Lake, Wis.—A bizarre road accident involving a McLaren Can-Am car put a damper on festivities on Friday evening July 14th in the Race Car Parade to Elkhart Lake.

A mechanic (not the car's owner) and his 13-year-old son were driving to the festivities in the long line of race cars when he decided to "light up" the tires along the way. He spun the rear tires for about 30 feet and then lost control of the powerful McLaren and it veered to the right, off the highway, narrowly missing spectators and flipped into a water-filled drainage ditch—upside down.

The driver of a Lola T-70 following just behind witnessed the accident and exited his car to help rescue the McLaren passengers, who were not wearing helmets. Driving in the opposite direction was the famous racer, Brian Redman, who also immediately stopped and ran into the water filled ditch to do what he could to help. Only the McLaren's underside could be seen sticking out of the water. Both passengers were pulled from the wreck and, amazingly, other than being covered from head to toe in muck, were relatively unscathed.

Redman said that if the McLaren had veered left instead of right, it probably would have hit his rental car head-on.

Meanwhile, here is another example of too much horsepower and not enough brains behind the wheel, that could have turned out much worse.

:rofl:

G.
07-18-06, 12:08 PM
yeah, about 4000 :D

some smallish ones are up at champweb (mine are the first 30 or so in the gallery)
Sweet!

I got to get up for the BRIC/KIC one of these days.

Andrew Longman
07-18-06, 12:13 PM

Someone just lost a dream job and made an ass of himself in front of his son. :rolleyes:

I mostly feel loss for the car.

Sean O'Gorman
07-18-06, 12:54 PM
My uncle and my cousin went to Road America for the first time and had a blast.

Dr. Corkski
07-18-06, 01:08 PM
Is the mechanic's name Juan Pablo?

race chica
07-18-06, 02:01 PM
You married your uncle? :gomer:

OOPS, that does sound bad... sorry. No No No, i didnt marry my uncle. He just picked the worst weekend of the summer to get married. Not only was it BRIC but Superior, WI set a record high of 102F. Thats in freaking NORTHERN WISCONSIN. (just clarifying :) )

Andrew Longman
07-18-06, 02:14 PM
Not only was it BRIC but Superior, WI set a record high of 102F. Thats in freaking NORTHERN WISCONSIN. (just clarifying :) )

OMG. I spent my favorite summers down the road in Marquette, MI and remember the complaining the few times it got above 80. Lake Superior never gets warmer than 56 so with that block of ice there its hard to get very warm... or at least it used to.

I might as well just stay in Jersey :confused:

NismoZ
07-19-06, 07:21 AM
Yeah. Augie III drove the Scarab into town. First time ever, I believe. The torch has been passed. Fun talking to Old Augie about Meadowdale and races past. Sigh. It's a fabulous show on the streets around Siebkens! Hard not to think about all those guys in "The Last Open Bar" painting when we went in for our beef sammich! :)

cameraman
08-31-06, 01:01 AM
yeah, about 4000 :D

You know what happened to Champweb? It has been down for a few days.

grafddrx7
08-31-06, 04:47 PM
You know what happened to Champweb? It has been down for a few days.

I noticed that... Hope it's back up soon.

cameraman
09-01-06, 03:05 PM
Their host got hacked and they lost pretty much everything. They are moving to a new host and maybe they will be back online next week.