PDA

View Full Version : Colin Fleming comes back to Atlantics

TravelGal
07-17-06, 02:43 PM
Just read a news release that Colin Fleming is joining Gelles Racing for Edmonton. He was a Red Bull driver in Europe for the last three years but left them a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if HE left them or "THEY left him" but I'm glad to see him back in the Atlantics.

It says "San Diego native" (which works well because of his blond hair and blue eyes) but I follow his career because he used to live only a couple of miles from me here in LA.

Welcome back Colin! :thumbup:

edit: That should be "for Edmonton and the rest of the Atlantics season."

Easy
07-17-06, 04:43 PM
He was a Red Bull driver in Europe for the last three years but left them a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if HE left them or "THEY left him"

Well, the guy that Red Bull placed in his seat at Carlin went out and won his first two races in WSRV6. Colin didn't quite do as well in the last year and a half.

Colin's official story is that Red Bull allowed him to leave. Red Bull's official story is that he was terminated. Draw your conclusions.

Dr. Corkski
07-17-06, 06:20 PM
Well, the guy that Red Bull placed in his seat at Carlin went out and won his first two races in WSRV6. Colin didn't quite do as well in the last year and a half.

Colin's official story is that Red Bull allowed him to leave. Red Bull's official story is that he was terminated. Draw your conclusions.There is no possible way that anyone can come up with a conclusion other than that Colin Fleming was far too good for those wankers in WS by Renault. He is coming to tackle the real competition in Atlantics.

Fio1
07-17-06, 09:58 PM
Colin is a very good driver. sometimes a change does everybody good, like AJ & Forsythe. I think he will do very well in Atlantics; it won't surprise me one bit if he wins a few races. :thumbup:

NismoZ
07-17-06, 10:10 PM
Thank you, a positive spin. So rare around here lately. Look ahead. Isn't Gelles preparing to buy a few DP01s? Red Bull may have done Colin a favor.

TravelGal
07-18-06, 12:12 PM

Colin's official story is that Red Bull allowed him to leave. Red Bull's official story is that he was terminated. Draw your conclusions.

This is what I thought. IIRC he won the Red Bull prize in Atlantics in his first year after Barber Dodge. He signed with RB so they "owned" him. They decided he would burn up the track but he learned a little more slowly.

From what I heard he loved being in Europe and all the opportunities but I got the idea he was using it as a set up on the ladder. IMHO, he's glad to be back where there is real racing, especially now that he has some training under his belt.

Looking forward to saying hey to him in San Jose.

Easy
07-18-06, 01:06 PM
This is what I thought. IIRC he won the Red Bull prize in Atlantics in his first year after Barber Dodge. He signed with RB so they "owned" him. They decided he would burn up the track but he learned a little more slowly.

From what I heard he loved being in Europe and all the opportunities but I got the idea he was using it as a set up on the ladder. IMHO, he's glad to be back where there is real racing, especially now that he has some training under his belt.

Won Red Bull out of BDPS, they sent him to FRenault from there. I'm not sure if you can say that racing in Atlantic is any more real than WSRV6 which is a pretty stout series. He's moving to a slower car which he may find easier to push and he'll surely be ahead of some of the guys in the Atlantic field. I'm sure he will expect to be at the front.

NismoZ
07-29-06, 08:48 PM
Sounds like he may be in Atlantics for the rest of this season. Gelles made it sound like he's one of his 2 choices to run the new Panoz in CC next season.