PDA

View Full Version : 3 Strikes And They're Out

NismoZ
07-16-06, 04:06 PM
Smaller air intake, smaller fuel tank & 199ibs. of extra weight. Corvettes finish 3-4. Duhhh. Did the altitude compound those disadvantages as well? Or, are the Astons just that good? C'mon ALMS, let 'em sort it out on the track. At this stage why the need for such rules manipulation?

pchall
07-16-06, 07:16 PM
At this stage why the need for such rules manipulation?

In season adjustments to manage the competition are the bane of endurance racing. Aston Martin and ProDrive get a bit of happiness and GM Motorsports will eventually take a hike. :rolleyes:

cameraman
07-17-06, 12:46 AM
GM isn't going anywhere.

Can you say "cash cow"

http://www.americanlemans.com/Gallery/85/85716200624228453.JPG

The on track parade was limited to 100 cars, the corral had at least double that.

Lizzerd
07-17-06, 01:41 AM
Damn, I miss my Corvette. Was fun while it lasted.

extramundane
07-17-06, 10:37 AM
In season adjustments to manage the competition are the bane of endurance racing. Aston Martin and ProDrive get a bit of happiness and GM Motorsports will eventually take a hike. :rolleyes:

I doubt it. Had those adjustments not happened, Prodrive wouldn't have hung around and then GM really would have left. Don't be surprised to see everything rolled back to Lime Rock levels.

That said, David Richards is still a whiny little bitch. I can't wait to see Bernie hand him his ass on a platter again. :rofl: