PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick Says NASCAR Option Still Open

racer2c
07-14-06, 11:02 PM
Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/28634/)

:rofl: :gomer: :rofl:

I knew it.

matthole
07-15-06, 12:34 AM
I can't imagine who in SledCar would be so stupid as to hire her (or tolerate TJ long enough to sign anything), but I hope this happens.

Then I can start calling her DNQica. :D

Spicoli
07-15-06, 07:00 AM
“The money doesn‘t really matter,” Patrick said after qualifying at Nashville. “If the top teams came to me, no matter what the number was, and I thought I had a chance to win, I‘d really think about it. Winning is what puts me in headlines.”

Well, let me axe you this Princess -

since you haven't won anything but skank 0 the month in some magazine, wtf ever got you headlines? :saywhat:

this is funny.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0204.gif

EDwardo
07-15-06, 07:39 AM
“The money doesn‘t really matter,” Patrick said after qualifying at Nashville. “If the top teams came to me, no matter what the number was, and I thought I had a chance to win, I‘d really think about it. Winning is what puts me in headlines.”

That 4th place trophy must fit in the empty spot in the case. :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
07-15-06, 07:50 AM
Sweet jeebus, what kool-aid has she been drinking? When has she won anything? Last time I checked, Katherine Legge was the first female driver to win a race in a North American open-wheeled series.

Insomniac
07-15-06, 08:03 AM
Why would a top team come to her? Is there a weight advantage in NASCAR? Do they not want to be a top team anymore?

PT said the same thing and he ended up staying in ChampCar.

cart7
07-15-06, 09:30 AM

I thought every drop of money the team had was supposed to go to making your car the fastest on the grid?

Or is that after paying an exhorbinant salary for a no titted driver who's never won a damn thing and is a midpacker at best? :saywhat: :gomer:

Stu
07-15-06, 10:15 AM
Is there a weight advantage in NASCAR?

thankfully, No.

Do they not want to be a top team anymore?

i could see a team like BAM a few years ago give her a ride, but the money wouldn't be there.

Maybe a team could do some smart marketing. Have her drive the FHM 69 Car.

Accipiter
07-15-06, 11:17 AM
“If the top teams came to me, no matter what the number was, and I thought I had a chance to win, I‘d really think about it. Winning is what puts me in headlines.”

So her ultiamate goal is more headlines? :rolleyes:

I really wonder if this girl actually likes driving, or just the noteriety it gives her.

Andrew Longman
07-15-06, 11:25 AM
But she supposedly has a tentative offer from a Nextel Cup team for 07.

If true, it better be a team in the top 35 in owner point. And if it isn't it's probably from a team that expects great sponsor things from her, but that won't last if she fails to qualify a few too many times.

Insomniac
07-15-06, 04:08 PM
i could see a team like BAM a few years ago give her a ride, but the money wouldn't be there.

Maybe a team could do some smart marketing. Have her drive the FHM 69 Car.

If a seat at Penske, TCGR or AGR opened up, would they actively pursue Danica? If a top team in her own series wouldn't want her, why would a top NASCAR team bother. They already have sponsorship taken care of.

NismoZ
07-15-06, 07:24 PM
I think Mikey is already considering her for AGR. His words.

matthole
07-15-06, 08:02 PM

Sure he will, if he can con Clarke/Honda into paying for it, and he gets a cut.

Clarke is more than enough of a scumbag to do that, thinking they will help 'save' the earl. They are too dense to realize that nothing will 'save' that rotten abortion. Nothing. :gomer:

TKGAngel
07-16-06, 01:14 PM
Based on her pre-race interview last night, it sounds like she's burning her bridges with Rahal. Its all about what the team and car can do for ME, not what I can do for the team.

To paraphrase Jeemy, there is no I in team, but there sure is in Danica.

Insomniac
07-16-06, 01:38 PM

Be intersting. Would she want to be outshined by her team mates? Then there are no excuses. (Well, valid ones.)

cart7
07-16-06, 02:07 PM
If a seat at Penske, TCGR or AGR opened up, would they actively pursue Danica? If a top team in her own series wouldn't want her, why would a top NASCAR team bother. They already have sponsorship taken care of.

Roger? He wants team players, after the past week or two Danica has shown she isn't. Chip might take her on if she signed over half her endorsements and promised a lifetime supply of Hostess products. As for AGR? Dario and Herta are probably gone the end of this year, that leaves TK and Marco on the team. If she wants to fund the car herself through endorsements I could see it but I'm betting AGR is cash strapped after 06 for things like 7 figure salaries for drivers who have never won a race.

NismoZ
07-16-06, 11:01 PM
The AGR thing looks to be correct. Sun, 10pm. per FOX 59, Indy. SPEED says Dario looking to CC, ALMS & IRL. Is he the one moving? Marco and Michael in a Honda (Acura) LMP2 at Sebring? With Danica? What'd TV have to say tonight?

Insomniac
07-17-06, 11:42 AM
Roger? He wants team players, after the past week or two Danica has shown she isn't. Chip might take her on if she signed over half her endorsements and promised a lifetime supply of Hostess products. As for AGR? Dario and Herta are probably gone the end of this year, that leaves TK and Marco on the team. If she wants to fund the car herself through endorsements I could see it but I'm betting AGR is cash strapped after 06 for things like 7 figure salaries for drivers who have never won a race.

I guess AGR did...

My point was, the top teams already have sponsors and they go and find drivers who will win races. You normally have to prove you can win before a top team hires you.

So by that theory, does this mean AGR isn't a top team money/sponsorship wise?