PDA

View Full Version : Danica: "Spend every last dollar to make me faster"

cart7
07-14-06, 10:20 AM
Linkie thing (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060714/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ne/car_irl_danica_patrick)

"My biggest thing in everything is that I want to win, and I don't care who it's with. I just want people that are going to give me the opportunity and spend every last dollar they have to make the car go faster and every last second they have on making it faster," Patrick said Thursday.

:rolleyes:

Andrew Longman
07-14-06, 10:31 AM
Given how tiresome she (or her coverage) is getting, and that she has yet to win a race, I'd say I have to agree with her desperate need to win a race. :D

TKGAngel
07-14-06, 10:32 AM
So you throw money at the car to make it go faster, rather than having the driver apply his/her skills to making it go faster? :confused:

racer2c
07-14-06, 10:40 AM
So you throw money at the car to make it go faster, rather than having the driver apply his/her skills to making it go faster? :confused:

In the IRL where their foot is planted all the way around the track? Yes. :)

pchall
07-14-06, 10:52 AM
:rolleyes:

see your :rolleyes: and raise you :shakehead

I think that the real measure of a good driver is what that driver can do in a real sh&tbox of a car. Think about Damon Hill in the Arrows for the 1997 Hungarian GP leading the race into the final laps until hydraulic troubles relegated him to P2. Or Paul Tracy in a Coynemobile at Long Beach in 1991. And (proving just how old I am) Jackie Stewart in the L&M Lola T260 actually giving McLaren a run for their money the entire season of the 1971 Can Am.

Sorry, Princess D, sometimes it is the responsibility of the driver to make a car go fast and not just the cubic dollars supplied by the owner and sponsors.

Spicoli
07-14-06, 10:56 AM
Another more contemporary example would be Ranger. Seems to be doing great on a "B" team with limited resources.

Face it, with Fanica - just like Sarah "Meatball" Fisher - nothing is ever thier fault. :cry:

"He's got more money"

"He's got a better engineer"

"He's got a better Aero"

"He blocked me"

the list will never end. :shakehead

Gnam
07-14-06, 11:31 AM
^ I'm shocked Nelsonmania wasn't your example.

Does every last dollar include her salary?

Steve99
07-14-06, 11:40 AM
Is that a picture of Micheal Jackson in a dress next to the article?

pchall
07-14-06, 11:49 AM
Is that a picture of Micheal Jackson in a dress next to the article?

Ewww... you're right! That's MJ doing his new IRL trans thang after taking over the Gene Simmons publicity gig.

KLang
07-14-06, 01:37 PM
"He's got more money"

"He's got a better engineer"

"He's got a better Aero"

"He blocked me"

the list will never end.

"He's got bigger boobs"

cartman
07-14-06, 02:06 PM
"He's got bigger boobs"

Hehe, true dat. I think I have bigger boobs than Danicle