PDA

View Full Version : Figge Looks Forward to Hometown Race

Allan Craighead
04-10-03, 03:03 PM
FIGGE LOOKS FORWARD TO HOMETOWN RACE

SANTA BARBARA, CALIF. (April 10, 2003) – Following a three-week break, the CART Toyota Atlantic Championship resumes Friday with Round Two of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. Racing in front of friends and family on his home track, Pacific Coast Motorsports and driver Alex Figge will be looking to continue their early season success.

At the season-opener in Monterrey, Mexico, Figge displayed the speed and skill of a title contender. In provisional qualifying, Figge attacked the slick track, posting the third fastest time. In final qualifying, Figge was in position to repeat the performance, when another car spun in front of him, ruining his lap and relegating him to eighth on the grid. Under sunny skies and in front a large enthusiastic audience, Figge got a great start to the race, however traffic forced him back to seventh on the opening lap. As the race progressed, Figge, driving the No. 69 Pacific Coast Motorsports/Patrick Racing Toyota Swift 0.14a, posted clean quick laps, continuously pressuring the car in front of him. At the checkered flag, Figge was sixth, tying his career-best finish.

"I'm really looking forward to getting back on track," said Figge. "We left a little on the table in Mexico and I think we should be in good shape here. With all my friends and family cheering me on, I'm excited to put on a good show."

Racing commences Friday, April 11 at 8:45 a.m. (PT), with morning practice. First qualifying gets underway at 1:45 p.m. (PT).

For additional information on Pacific Coast Motorsports or Alex Figge, please contact Allan Craighead (303) 883-8521 or Tyler Tadevic (805)566-2979.