PDA

View Full Version : Larry Miller

cameraman
07-12-06, 02:10 PM
The man is advertising the ALMS race like crazy. There have been commercials during the two months in all the F1, CCWS, IRL, NASCAR and ALMS races and now it has broadened to heavy rotation on the local news programs (all channels) and during Leno and Letterman etc. I saw twelve commercials in a two hour block of TV last night. They had one of the Porsches downtown doing pit stop demos yesterday too which made the news broadcasts. He is pushing very hard for a crowd.

oddlycalm
07-12-06, 02:37 PM
The man is advertising the ALMS race like crazy. There have been commercials during the two months in all the F1, CCWS, IRL, NASCAR and ALMS races and now it has broadened to heavy rotation on the local news programs (all channels) and during Leno and Letterman etc. I saw twelve commercials in a two hour block of TV last night. They had one of the Porsches downtown doing pit stop demos yesterday too which made the news broadcasts. He is pushing very hard for a crowd. This may very well turn out to be an effective object lesson for the racing world. Miller has been effective at using marketing to build his dealership empire and if he is able to develop a market in a moderate sized urban area where one has never existed before it will be an embarrassment to a lot of people that have not been able to hang onto strong existing markets, let alone develop one from scratch.

This is not a track that is directly adjacent to a large urban area, so he is flying in the face of the current NASCAR and CCWS wisdom. More power to him, he's put in a first class facility and he appears to intend to do first class marketing as well. I hope he pulls it off.

oc

racer2c
07-12-06, 03:00 PM
I've seen every F1 and CCWS race on TV this year and haven't seen one ALMS commercial. Does local cable control this? I know they run their PSA every other commercial.

cameraman
07-12-06, 03:08 PM
The commercials I have seen are all local. I don't remember seeing them on Speed. Miller is trying to build the local market.

Spicoli
07-12-06, 03:39 PM
I've seen every F1 and CCWS race on TV this year and haven't seen one ALMS commercial. Does local cable control this? I know they run their PSA every other commercial.

You're not invited, Mr. Douchebag. :cry:

racer2c
07-12-06, 03:44 PM
The commercials I have seen are all local. I don't remember seeing them on Speed. Miller is trying to build the local market.
I re-read you post and saw that you were referring to local commercials. Sorry, I just skimmed. It's a douchbag thang. :)