PDA

View Full Version : What's that smell?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

cartman
07-11-06, 04:35 PM
The other day I was out mowing my lawn and I caught a waft of a very familiar smell. It smelled suspiciously like the 2006 college football season may be getting underway soon. I can't friggin wait. GO DAWGS!!!! Start Stafford dangit!

dando
07-11-06, 04:50 PM
I love the smell of college foosball in the morning. Smells like....VICTORY! :)

GO BUCKS! :cool:

I can't wait 'til we go BBQ us some Longhorns in September!!! :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-11-06, 05:32 PM
What's that? Sorry, I can't hear you. Got a crystal football in my ear :gomer:

http://www.bustercollings.com/images/vince_young.jpg

dando
07-11-06, 05:39 PM

Daddy is coming to AUS in September, homey. :D

-Kevin

cartman
07-11-06, 05:43 PM
Hehe, I knew that you two would be the first to reply, I can always count on ya'll when it comes to college ball.

Make sure you take that crystal football out of your ear before August Ank so that you can hear all of the touchdown passes that Matt Stafford throws for Georgia instead of Texas whiz by your ear. You have no idea how badly I want one of those crystal footballs in my ear.

nrc
07-11-06, 05:54 PM

FRENCH GUARD:
Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
ARTHUR:
What?
GALAHAD:
He says they've already got one!
ARTHUR:
Are you sure he's got one?
FRENCH GUARD:
Oh, yes. It's very nice-a. (I told him we already got one.)

Ankf00
07-11-06, 06:15 PM
Make sure you take that crystal football out of your ear before August Ank so that you can hear all of the touchdown passes that Matt Stafford throws for Georgia instead of Texas whiz by your ear. You're just lucky he was porking a UGa-bound senior at Highland Park High his junior year :p Well that and the whole parental FSU alum connections to Richt thing too... :p
You have no idea how badly I want one of those crystal footballs in my ear.Oh, I think I do :)

Ankf00
07-13-06, 04:46 PM
Hey dando,

I hope you're not bringing these fellow Buckeyes with you to Austin...

OSU superfan #1 (http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2006/05/to-catch-buckeye.html)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/228/1686/1600/Buck%20Perv.jpg

or OSU superfan #2, son of the famed Combat Vet (http://www.youtube.com/v/YS8TSFun3W8)

:D

spinner26
07-13-06, 06:17 PM
GO IRISH! :thumbup:

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 06:34 PM
My avie for my Ohio State forum. It should be about 95% OSU and 5% UF however.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/image.php?u=7035&dateline=1144876041

Ankf00
07-13-06, 06:39 PM
now that FSU's no longer perennially top 5 you don't support them anymore? last I remember you were posting about showing up at the swamp in your garnet & gold :gomer:

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 06:47 PM
now that FSU's no longer perennially top 5 you don't support them anymore? last I remember you were posting about showing up at the swamp in your garnet & gold :gomer:

Its a wild story. I went to FSU first 2 years, realized FSU wasn't probably the best and got convinced(by my g/f) to go to UF. Raised in Dublin, Ohio, and I still would rather be there than here. Only reason I didn't go to OSU after high school was family reasons with my father passing. If I could do it over again, I'd have transferred to OSU instead of UF after my first 2 years. I toured OSU during the football naitonal championship weeked in Jan 2003, and probably should have listened to my head and not my heart and gone to OSU.

But what can you do. UF gets minimal respect from me, and I still have a soft spot for FSU(don't tell anyone around here) but OSU is still who I want to do best.

Ankf00
07-13-06, 06:52 PM
fair 'nuff.

just remember this: 09/10/06. 25-22

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/09-10-05_2344.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/tx_sweed_ap.jpg

FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone11oneoneone :gomer: :gomer:

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 06:55 PM
Vince was the greatest player last year on any team, in any game. We'll see how you do without him, and with a mature Teddy, Pittman and Troy Smith. Our defense isn't going to be as poor as everyone wishes. It won't be Hawk/Carpenter, and watching the LB's without Carpenter last year when briefly injured was bad, but we shall see, Austin is a great place, and I can't wait!

Got anywhere I can stay if a friend and I fly out? He might be able to get off work in columbus, and I told him I was willing to skip class. who needs the last semester of classes? :cool:

I had another friend of mine from dublin that went to the game, he said it was the most electric place he'd ever been to. On tv it seemed like a bowl game, it was amazing. I hope the UT game is also at night this year, and has that atmosphere, awesome :thumbup:

Ankf00
07-13-06, 07:06 PM
Teddy Ginn == 2 rec. 7 yds :gomer:

ABC forcing the game to be played at night

2 freshman qb's == we're screwed :(

RichK
07-13-06, 07:15 PM
But what can you do. UF gets minimal respect from me, and I still have a soft spot for FSU(don't tell anyone around here) but OSU is still who I want to do best.

I know the feeling - I like Austin and my favorite color is orange, but don't tell anyone in College Station.....or GOD FORBID: ank!!!!!11 :eek: :o

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 07:17 PM
I know the feeling - I like Austin and my favorite color is orange, but don't tell anyone in College Station.....or GOD FORBID: ank!!!!!11 :eek: :o

haha. ank will remember 2 years later. don't say a word about it :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
07-13-06, 07:26 PM
Drew Tate sucks.

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 07:31 PM
FSU has FAR more tradition. And they were the first team I identified myself with in Florida. I still have all my FSU stuff and wear it out sometime by accident and the looks I get are funny. UF lucked into its one and only national title. Had OSU not lost against Michigan, UF after losing to FSU in the season would never have had a chance at the title.

Thats the thing about UF, our football program is always on the outside looking in. 1996 was just a prime example. The 1995/96 Fiesta Bowl against Nebraska, 62-24 also had something to do with me not liking UF. They have nothing in common with the storied traditions of OSU, UM, UT, USC, ND(even though I hate them), FSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Miami. UF is a pretender, and thats why I didn't like them.

I still have many issues, but now I know our newest recruit at QB personally. Tim Tebow is expected to save our program, him along with Urban Meyer(another Ohioan). His brother Peter Tebow is a good friend of mine, has been dating a girl I've known for the last year or so. Kinda funny at first that my friends brother was on an hour long ESPN special about where he was going to decide to play football. Was funny to see Peter and Timmy's house and such, and see little kid pictures of Peter. Everyone me and Peter hang out with thought it was kool that his bro was on ESPN and playing for us next year, but we'll never stop making fun of him for ESPN showing little kid drawings in their house outside of Jacksonville. :rofl: :rofl:

But I have more OSU clothing stuff stuff(one shirt for 1997 with records on the back that I've updated every year since 1997 with a sharpie marker), and that is where I'll always remain. Before Timmy graduated high school my roomate(a huge Nebraska fan) and me(OSU) told Peter to have a sit down chat and convince him to go to one of our schools of choice.

OSU was the first to talk to Timmy and he was very into it, and Nebraska went after him before he said 'Thanks, but no thanks.' Still was funny. Up until the day he announced on national tv, even Peter and his mom thought he was going to go to Alabama cause Shula was all over him.

Before Peter left for summer I told him that when Timmy gets invited to the Heisman ceremony I'll be in NYC and I want to go and see him get the award. Yea, I know, we're planning early ;)

Easy
07-14-06, 11:29 AM
Drew Tate sucks.

He has certainly achieved more on the golf course than on the football field.

Some cokehead on Sirius picked us (Iowa) to go 10-1. Must be pure uncut straight from Pablo's private reserve.

Low expectations are nice. It limits the disappointment level.

cartman
07-14-06, 12:18 PM
ferarrigod -

You definitely made the right choice about which Florida schoool because UF sucks! hehe, take it with a grain of salt, I'm a huge UGA fan.

No offense to you, your friend or his brother but as a dedicated UGA fan I have to wish nothing but the worst on ole Tim Tebow. Nothing against him, I just hope that UF really sucks every year. If my beloved DAWGS could ever friggin beat them that would be real nice too.

I was also very distraught when the news broke a few months ago that Jim Bob Cooter (2nd string QB for the vols) got a DUI and would be suspended for the the first few games. I was really looking forward to the vols first stringer getting hurt and hearing that announcer say "Now starting at quarterback for the vols.....Jim Bob Cooter!"

Ankf00
07-14-06, 12:50 PM
Jim Bob Cooter is possibly the greatest hickbilly name ever.

dando
07-14-06, 01:01 PM
He has certainly achieved more on the golf course than on the football field.

Some cokehead on Sirius picked us (Iowa) to go 10-1. Must be pure uncut straight from Pablo's private reserve.

Low expectations are nice. It limits the disappointment level.
OSU @ Hawkeye City @ night on 9/30 is gonna be a HUGE game, and, IMHO, will determine the Big 10 +1 champ.

-Kevin

cartman
07-14-06, 02:02 PM
Jim Bob Cooter is possibly the greatest hickbilly name ever.

Yeah, if things don't work out for him in football there's definitely got to be a place for him somewhere in NASCAR.

dando
07-18-06, 04:24 PM
Run, bitches, run....

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2006/covers/OhioStatev22.jpg

Y'all may wanna get a good look @ that view, cuz y'all are gonna see alotta them from behind this season. :D

SI's 2006 college foosball team previews (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2006/preview.html?cnn=yes)

Oh, and where is CART T Katz talking Big lEast smackage? ;)

-Kevin

cartman
07-18-06, 04:39 PM
Where's that USC guy we had so much fun arguing with last year? Oh yeah, he's hiding because he has no more White, Lienart, Bush, etc.....

Ankf00
07-18-06, 05:13 PM
1. you two guys... sheesh, "let sleeping dogs lie!!!!" :D

2. Teddy Ginn? Teddy "2 rec, 7 yds" Ginn? Teddy "not even top 50 nationally in kick or punt returns" Ginn?

Yea, I like that Teddy Ginn. :gomer:

dando
07-18-06, 05:43 PM
1. you two guys... sheesh, "let sleeping dogs lie!!!!" :D

2. Teddy Ginn? Teddy "2 rec, 7 yds" Ginn? Teddy "not even top 50 nationally in kick or punt returns" Ginn?

Yea, I like that Teddy Ginn. :gomer:
3. Teddy Ginn against ND. Priceless. :D

-Kevin

dando
07-18-06, 05:46 PM
Where's that USC guy we had so much fun arguing with last year? Oh yeah, he's hiding because he has no more White, Lienart, Bush, etc.....
Actually Ank's buddy coolhand has been hanging out in the racing sections recently after disappearing for a few mos. while The SC was getting some bad press. :D

Damn, I'm ready for some foosball!

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-18-06, 05:54 PM
3. Teddy Ginn against ND. Priceless. :D

-Kevin
Ahhh, you can just smell it in the air...

Another year where OSU deservedly Michigan before and another hapless podunk D in the bowl game.
Another year where the buckeye faithful become overconfident because of The Game & the bowl game.
Another year where OSU gets smacked back into reality in the second week of the season against a real D.

Don't you just love that smell? :)

dando
07-18-06, 05:59 PM
Another year where OSU gets smacked back into reality in the second week of the season against a real D.

Don't you just love that smell?

Yeah, 1/2 that D is now gone. That D shoulda gave up 35 pts. against The OSU, but that O was inept until halfway into the season. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

No worries, bitch. Y'all will get yours x2 come Sept. Werd.

You've been smellin' cow poop for too long, Ankypoo.

:)

-Kevin

dando
07-18-06, 06:19 PM
Lest I forget that this was released today:

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/281508b.jpg

:thumbup:

IMHO, EA would make a *****oad more $$$ if they released the game with diff'rent artwork for various teams regionally. I absolutely would not buy the '06 game due to the Desmond 'come on vogue!' Howard cover art. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-18-06, 06:37 PM
Yeah, 1/2 that D is now gone. That D shoulda gave up 35 pts. against The OSU, but that O was inept until halfway into the season. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

No worries, bitch. Y'all will get yours x2 come Sept. Werd.

You've been smellin' cow poop for too long, Ankypoo.

:)

-Kevin

dude, most of that D that limited you to 1 TD at home remains. DE's, DT's, LB's, DB's. "still there, still there, still there..." :laugh: You're the ones who lost 1/2 their D.

:p

and are you still coming or are you going to puss out w/ the kiddie? :saywhat:

Ankf00
07-18-06, 06:39 PM
IMHO, EA would make a *****oad more $$$ if they released the game with diff'rent artwork for various teams regionally. I absolutely would not buy the '06 game due to the Desmond 'come on vogue!' Howard cover art. :thumdown:

-Kevin

they are ;) we get Vince :gomer: :p

nrc
07-18-06, 08:32 PM
Every night Ank says a little prayer to the gods of college football thanking them for letting the steers play the Buckeyes at the beginning of the season instead of at the end. :p

Ankf00
07-18-06, 08:36 PM
:D

(and Longhorns aren't steers :p)

dando
07-18-06, 08:45 PM
dude, most of that D that limited you to 1 TD at home remains. DE's, DT's, LB's, DB's. "still there, still there, still there..." :laugh: You're the ones who lost 1/2 their D.

and are you still coming or are you going to puss out w/ the kiddie? :saywhat:
d00d, we had you and you know it. Vince was shutdown after the first Q until the final throw. Hamby. :( Troy > Justin, but circumstances as they were....if'n ya play, ya pay. Too bad there ain't no playoff in BC$ style. The OSU > USC.

And no, we've lost more than 1/2 our D, but I'll wager on ours > yers, mofo.

I'm still planning on coming in for The OSU win, but I'll know for after the first week of August, once I know more about rumored plans for another round of layoffs. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
07-18-06, 08:47 PM
(and Longhorns aren't steers :p)
The Boss was being nice...steers or queers..... :p :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

cartman
07-19-06, 11:23 AM
Lest I forget that this was released today:

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/281508b.jpg

:thumbup:

-Kevin

You know, interestingly enough I was at the video game store the other day and for the pre-sale display boxes they did have regional teams. I saw a UGA, Bama, Auburn, FSU, UF, Tennessee and South Carolina box. Too bad they didn't do that for the actual released game though.

Bring back coolhand! I love arguing with him. He probably won't come out of the woodwork though unless USC starts out the season 3-0 or something.

Ankf00
07-19-06, 11:56 AM
d00d, we had you and you know it. Vince was shutdown after the first Q until the final throw. Hamby. :( Troy > Justin, but circumstances as they were....if'n ya play, ya pay. Too bad there ain't no playoff in BC$ style. The OSU > USC. the typical whine of the bucknuts... yea, vince was shut down, and if the Quarterbacks OSU didn't have 2 gimme interceptions right to the chest dropped then UT puts up 14 extra in the first half, that "if" game works both ways :)

anywho, you only "have" someone if you dominate play, which you didnt, being outgained by 100 yards offensively :p

bottom line, both teams had bad breaks, both teams had lucky breaks, you can't say "well if all our bad breaks were lucky and all their lucky breaks were bad then we win!"

once I know more about rumored plans for another round of layoffs. :saywhat:

-Kevin
sorry dude...

skaven
07-19-06, 08:08 PM
1st prediction of the year -

Week 2, Steve Superior beats UGA at home. :laugh:

2nd prediction of the year -

Auburn vs. UF in the SEC title game. :thumbup:

(above based on QB stability from last year... )

nrc
07-19-06, 09:08 PM
the typical whine of the bucknuts... yea, vince was shut down, and if the Quarterbacks OSU didn't have 2 gimme interceptions right to the chest dropped then UT puts up 14 extra in the first half, that "if" game works both ways :)
Yup, no question the Bucks' QB situation was less than ideal at the beginning of last season. You should send the booster who helped out with that case of steaks.

BTW, you need to come to grips with being a steer-fan.

Bevo is always a steer, never a bull (an intact male) or cow (female). This castration goes a long way in preserving the more docile nature of the animal, but it also helps to maintain the long-running myth that Bevo is doped up during his appearances.http://utopia.utexas.edu/articles/alcalde/bevo.html

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 02:39 AM
There are lots of websites where you can print out your favorite teams paper and place it in your Xbox/PS2 container. My buckeye forum has about 2 or 3 for each player.

Print, pull out the Reggie Bush crap, and place in Troy Smith or Teddy Ginn.

Ankf00
07-20-06, 11:49 AM
BTW, you need to come to grips with being a steer-fan.
http://utopia.utexas.edu/articles/alcalde/bevo.html

Docile my ass!! That young pup tried to maim and maul Baylor's entire marching band last year!! 4, then 6, then 10 Wranglers weren't enough to hold him back, eventually they chained him down, but not before he knocked some photographer's equipment to the ground, it made for quite the scene :eek:

and you are correct, Bevo is a steer, but most Longhorns, and cattle in general aren't. steer != any cattle :p

cartman
07-20-06, 01:16 PM

Whatever, you want to make a wager on how many times the ole ball coach throws down his visor when UGA whips SC's butt this year?

To think that SC will beat us just because we have some inexperience at the QB position is absurd. UGA's defense is going to be a monster this year and I just don't think that Spurrier is going to have the weapons or talent to deal with it. Our offense is probably going to be shaky and a little suspect, especially in the first part of the season but I think our defense will pull us through. SC's recruiting is still very sub-par compared to the other big SEC schools.

I'd say that Auburn is a pretty solid pick for the west, but I really think that the east is still going to be up for grabs between UGA, UF and Tennessee. UF may have some of the same QB issues UGA will have if they start Tebow. Tebow is as well an inexperienced QB that's probably not extremely familiar with the spread offense yet. If I had to pick between Stafford and Tebow I'd put my money on Stafford and not just because I'm a UGA fan.

nrc
07-20-06, 01:29 PM
Docile my ass!! That young pup tried to maim and maul Baylor's entire marching band last year!! 4, then 6, then 10 Wranglers weren't enough to hold him back, eventually they chained him down, but not before he knocked some photographer's equipment to the ground, it made for quite the scene :eek:Probably thought one of them stole his nads.

Ankf00
07-20-06, 01:47 PM
Probably thought one of them stole his nads.
And then turned one of those nuts into the school logo & nickname ;)

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 02:11 PM
UF may have some of the same QB issues UGA will have if they start Tebow. Tebow is as well an inexperienced QB that's probably not extremely familiar with the spread offense yet. If I had to pick between Stafford and Tebow I'd put my money on Stafford and not just because I'm a UGA fan.

Timmy(as well as his brother Peter and dad) is under the impression that he will be starting by game 3 . . . I **** you not at all. I've been to practice and watched Timmy with his family next to me, and then watching him compared to Chris Leak.

I can assure you that while Peter personally guarantees me that Timmy will be starting, it will NOT happen. For now the offense is set up mostly on Chris Leak. Although it has yet to be decided if 2 QB's are run in the normal offense, the main idea is that Leak has improved a great deal over last year, when hopes were high but delivery was low. If Leak can deliver, and Teeb is still a Frosh, then Leak will play. Urban has never said anything but that Leak is the starter.

To believe there is controversy over QB, is to believe that UF actually won a national title in 1996. . . . . . .

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 02:17 PM

I don't know if Stevie can beat UGA. But based on last year, and based on the fact that when Spurrier gets under someones skin he usually wins(i.e. phil fulmer during steve's reign at UF) I can honestly see South Carolina beating UF in the Swamp, with me in the student section laughing.

The most laughable part is, USC was to be our homecoming game. Its at the right time of the year, and after 3 away games. After Spurrier came back, they changed the homecoming to a game earlier in the season, when technically we haven't been away for but 1 game out of 4 or 5.

UF is scared to lose at home to Spurrier. Steve is under Urbans skin, and things are going to be funny.

That being said, I see LSU vs. UF in Atlanta. LSU will win.

Al Czervik
07-20-06, 02:32 PM
A Notre Dame football player calls his friend and says "Please come over and help me. I have this killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to start it."
His friend asks, "What is it a puzzle of?"
The football player says "From the picture on the box, it's a tiger."
The friend figures that he's pretty good at puzzles and heads over to his friend's place. He studies the pieces spread out on the table for a moment, then studies the box and says "First, I'm not going to be able to show you how to make these pieces into the picture of that tiger and second, I'd advise you to put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."

In a school in South Bend, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Notre Dame fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Notre Dame fans too. Not really knowing what a Notre Dame fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different. "Because I am not a Notre Dame fan" says Timmy.

The teacher then asked, "What are you?"

Timmy said "I'm a Purdue fan."

The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Purdue fan.

"Well, my mom and dad are Purdue fans so I'm a Purdue fan too."

The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?"

Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Notre Dame fan."

Ankf00
07-20-06, 03:27 PM
That being said, I see LSU vs. UF in Atlanta. LSU will win.:laugh: :rofl:

Les Miles could have an all-time all-star team comprised of Trojans & Irish and could not qualify for any type of championship game, EVER.

Seriously, this is Les Miles. Les Miles coaches as well as O'Gorman spits game :laugh:

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 03:35 PM
:laugh: :rofl:

Les Miles could have an all-time all-star team comprised of Trojans & Irish and could not qualify for any type of championship game, EVER.

Seriously, this is Les Miles. Les Miles coaches as well as O'Gorman spits game :laugh:

Well then O'Gorman is going to spit some serious game at The Swamp, and then rematch at the Dome. Where he will again spit game all over Urban :gomer:

I think LSU will surprise some people, as will South Carolina. Tennessee will continue to suck(at least I hope so!!) LSU did beat a more talented Miami in the Peach Bowl with a backup QB.

Ankf00
07-20-06, 03:41 PM
LSU wins not because of Les Miles, but despite Les Miles. His coaching record shows that. No man chokes better than him. The laundry list of 20+ point leads & close games he's choked away is longer than Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Once the Ft. Knox assembly of talent there leaves he'll be finished. He can't recruit at the top level on his own either, the "LSU" logo is all he has as leverage...

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 04:48 PM
Once the Ft. Knox assembly of talent there leaves he'll be finished. He can't recruit at the top level on his own either, the "LSU" logo is all he has as leverage...

Well for now he's got the 2003 title remnants on his hands, and no matter what you think of him, the team is still good. I don't think he is great, nor do I think he is horrible, but I know the talent and interests behind LSU doing well.

But yes his leverage will wear off, and his recruiting will come to the fore, until then however, I wouldn't say they are a bad team. 40-3 against Miami in a Bowl, and losing only twice(once in the regular season) is hardly something to not take notice of.

Ankf00
07-20-06, 05:00 PM
There are plenty of teams around the country with stockpiles of talent. 40-3 was fantastic to watch, but Coker's on the same train that Miles is headed for and Miami despite a respectable record played pretty weakly the entire season. There's a reason Coker fired pretty much half his staff.

Talent alone isn't going to win Miles a title. UGa has talent, UF has talent, Auburn and 'Bama have talent.

And the 2003 title will only work as far as "tradition," but LSU had no problems there anyways, they're "established" in the public's mind despite only winning 1 modern title.

The 2003 title will not work the same way it works for Carroll, Mack, Tressell, Bowden, etc. Saban earned 2003, Miles had nothing to do with it. And every coach from Fayetteville to Columbia can use that and his track record at Okie St against him in recruiting.

Anywho, enjoy watching his 2006 implosion on Jefferson Pilot this fall :p

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 07:12 PM
Anywho, enjoy watching his 2006 implosion on Jefferson Pilot this fall :p

I'll be too busy getting drunk at UF games and watching OSU. He is the least of my worries :p

skaven
07-20-06, 07:50 PM
Whatever, you want to make a wager on how many times the ole ball coach throws down his visor when UGA whips SC's butt this year?

To think that SC will beat us just because we have some inexperience at the QB position is absurd. UGA's defense is going to be a monster this year and I just don't think that Spurrier is going to have the weapons or talent to deal with it. Our offense is probably going to be shaky and a little suspect, especially in the first part of the season but I think our defense will pull us through. SC's recruiting is still very sub-par compared to the other big SEC schools.

I'd say that Auburn is a pretty solid pick for the west, but I really think that the east is still going to be up for grabs between UGA, UF and Tennessee. UF may have some of the same QB issues UGA will have if they start Tebow. Tebow is as well an inexperienced QB that's probably not extremely familiar with the spread offense yet. If I had to pick between Stafford and Tebow I'd put my money on Stafford and not just because I'm a UGA fan.

I don't get to follow SEC football as much as I'd like to out here, but I did catch the SC/ UGA game last year and SC almost won at UGA. I think Steve Superior might be able to pull the win out as your new QB will still be, uh, new. That said, I'm sure by the end of the season, UGA will be the much better team. It all depends on how well they come out the gate. If I'm wrong, it will be a visor-throwing festival for sure.... I'll give you that. :)

I'm torn on Tebow. He's from the same county in Florida where I went to high school, but I'd like to see how much Leak has improved over the summer and maybe redshirt Tebow.

Thanks for sharing your observations from the practice field FerrariGawd ! ! ! :thumbup:

ferrarigod
07-20-06, 10:56 PM
I'm torn on Tebow. He's from the same county in Florida where I went to high school, but I'd like to see how much Leak has improved over the summer and maybe redshirt Tebow.

Leak has made huge improvements. He really is starting to get the system under his belt and is adjusting in areas that he simply cannot perform. He doesn't scramble well, so pitching options are huge in practice. Things such as the triple option have really helped open up his game.

Tebow can't be redshirted(and really doesn't need to be at this time based on his performance). Cornelius Ingraham is the only other 'QB' and I use the word QB lightly cause he is being practiced in WR, CB and HB as a general athlete. I don't know where he will end up as of yet, but I will ask the Tebows. So Timmy is the designated backup, and if both Leak and he were hurt, we'd really be up **** creek.

Thanks for sharing your observations from the practice field FerrariGawd ! ! ! :thumbup:

Its kool, any questions or anything and I will pass them along to Peter or Timmy and see what they have to say.

I know I was relatively down on Timmy starting as soon as Peter hopes(and half of UF). But I must say, from Peter, Timmy and some other friends I have on the team, Tebow is really at this time already more respected and favored by many of the big game offense and defense players. He will lift with them, he's participated in many non-QB things, and is a much better vocal team leader even as a Frosh than Leak is now. That has constantly been a Leak problem, so it is nice to see a hopeful QB stepping up.

I just reiterated to Peter's g/f tonight that if Timmy gets nominated for the Heisman eventually that I'll be in NYC and I want to go to the ceremony. She laughed and said depends how much money you give to Peter. When Peter gets back from Manila, he's going to have a bank account opened in his name for future use ;) j/k j/k in case there are any NCAA people watching :D

cartman
07-21-06, 04:22 PM
Talent alone isn't going to win Miles a title. UGa has talent, UF has talent, Auburn and 'Bama have talent.

Well, in the last 5 years UGA & LSU have 2 SEC titles and Auburn has 1. Talent alone may not win anyone a title but it sure doesn't hurt anyone's chances.

Anyone that's wondering about LSU, see the 2005 SEC championship game. Talk about choking, sheesh.

Ankf00
07-21-06, 04:39 PM
Well, in the last 5 years UGA & LSU have 2 SEC titles and Auburn has 1. Talent alone may not win anyone a title but it sure doesn't hurt anyone's chances.

Anyone that's wondering about LSU, see the 2005 SEC championship game. Talk about choking, sheesh.
That's just it, UGa, LSU, & Auburn all have or had top notch coaches with quality coordinators & staff to handle that talent.

Les Miles & f***ing Bo Pelini do not pass the smell test. :gomer: :laugh:

skaven
07-21-06, 06:06 PM
Not too familiar with Les Miles, but you make him sound like a Zook that can't recruit. :D

Ankf00
07-21-06, 06:17 PM
Not too familiar with Les Miles, but you make him sound like a Zook that can't recruit. :D
Les Miles, former Okie St HC. Pretty worthless, pulled off 2 upsets against OU in rivalry game, that's about it. Can never win unless his team is completely overlooked. Can never hold a big lead against a big opponent, many documented cases of this phenomena known as Milesus Chokius Maximus exist.

Bo Pelini, former DC at Nebraska at time when Defense Formerly Known as Blackshirts was castrated, co-DC at OU w/ Brent Venables, reason why OU's secondary was so pathetic in '04, never offered extension past that single year w/ OU, running similar ground breaking big talent small results D-scheme @ LSU

ferrarigod
07-21-06, 07:37 PM

hahah. so if a Zook can't recruit, is said person actually alive??? :laugh: :laugh:

ferrarigod
07-21-06, 07:39 PM
Les Miles & f***ing Bo Pelini do not pass the smell test. :gomer: :laugh:

I disagree with your Bo Pelini sentiments. He may not be the next Bobby Bowden, but he is a great coach, with great play calling ability, and if needed, can recruit like a mad man. Bo Pelini has talent, I thought many people would see that. I sure know the entire Husker fan base wanted him as head coach after they ousted Solich.

Ankf00
07-21-06, 07:57 PM
:laugh:

you're shitting me... NU's defense went downhill w/ Pelini, they went from impenetrable to soft as ****. Anyone with a half decent squad ran and passed all over that D. UT, OU, KSU, CU, everyone...

As far as HC duties, he coached all of 1 game, the bowl game...

If you're going to argue top level ability on his behalf, playcalling/scheme is not the topic you want to argue with. His scheme with OU was completely f'ing atrocious. They Venables undid everything Pelini installed with the secondary and linebackers last season and, not surprisingly, their secondary no longer ran around the field like chickens with their heads cut off and opposing offenses no longer just ran seams & fly patterns on them. 2000 yards from Peterson, 3000 from White, and pro quality WR & OL are what kept that team afloat, not much unlike USC last year, except that USC's problem was weak ass DB's who can't play man free, not scheme...

There's a reason he was passed up by everyone when he was on the market...

skaven
07-22-06, 11:25 AM
hahah. so if a Zook can't recruit, is said person actually alive??? :laugh: :laugh:

Trick logic question... it was. :rofl:

Night Train
07-22-06, 11:50 AM
I am going to attempt to attend 10 college football games this year (the quality of which will be debateable, mind you...) I have my season tickets to NC State's home games, featuring a murderous out-of conference home schedule with the likes of App. State, Akron, and ECU. I also have tickets to see State play at Clemson (which ought to be a cool experience) and Maryland. I'm alos going to see a, gulp, Wake Forest home game. It gets no better than that! ;)

ferrarigod
07-24-06, 04:04 AM
Trick logic question... it was. :rofl:

Thanks Yoda. ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Ankf00
07-25-06, 05:26 PM
The complete 2006 NCAA D-1A MS Excel schedule is out and about, soon coming to an inbox near you :D

Ankf00
07-31-06, 03:59 PM
Praise be to Godzillatron. All hail Godzillatron lest you make Gozillatron angry and Godzillatron smote you. Smote you good Gozillatron will.

http://www.texassports.com/webcam/capture1.jpg
[stan & kyle] Hail Gozillatron! [/stan & kyle]

(5 HD panels up, 25 left to go... will be the biggest in the world when completed. talk about a compensator :laugh: Wonder if they'll let us hook up an xbox...)

dando
08-01-06, 01:20 PM
Get yer tix for the game of the year:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=ohio+state+texas+tickets&category0=

:eek:

-Kevin

nrc
08-01-06, 01:27 PM
(5 HD panels up, 25 left to go... will be the biggest in the world when completed. talk about a compensator :laugh: Wonder if they'll let us hook up an xbox...)
Oh yeah, well at the 'shoe we're into pixels - really, really, big pixels. :saywhat:
For some reason when OSU revamped the scoreboard a few years back they put up another Lite-Brite instead of a proper video board. :shakehead

dando
08-01-06, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah, well at the 'shoe we're into pixels - really, really, big pixels.
For some reason when OSU revamped the scoreboard a few years back they put up another Lite-Brite instead of a proper video board. :shakehead
Those are there for the blue hair crowd. ;) I think the board was close to the best available when they started construction. I wish they could put the board in PBS in The Shoe. My biggest peave is the audio system in The Shoe...or lack thereof. :saywhat:

BTW, lemme know if you come across any tix for the Bengals this season. I was gonna take a bud down to a game for our 40th birthdays, but it looks like they sold out with season tix this season. :( I thought I'd be able to buy a package game like they had last season, but no dice.

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-01-06, 04:04 PM
Cinci? If I was you I'd be a bit more concerned about tickets into this

http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/texasladies.jpg

:D http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/texasflag.gif http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

dando
08-01-06, 04:19 PM
Cinci? If I was you I'd be a bit more concerned about tickets into this
:D http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/texasflag.gif http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif
Don't make me hurt you boi. :p

-Kevin

ferrarigod
08-02-06, 03:56 AM
Praise be to Godzillatron. All hail Godzillatron lest you make Gozillatron angry and Godzillatron smote you. Smote you good Gozillatron will.

http://www.texassports.com/webcam/capture1.jpg
[stan & kyle] Hail Gozillatron! [/stan & kyle]

I think the new Husker screen is larger. But I'm not 100% sure. I flew up to see the Kansas State/Husker game last year,(it was beyond windy) and the work they were doing on the stadium was kool. I've seen pics since they completed it and it appears much, much larger that this.

Ankf00
08-02-06, 08:19 AM
no, it's not. largest in the world. larger than the new dolphins stadium one by Daktronics which is larger than the one at NU :gomer:

http://homepage.mac.com/brd2887/.Pictures/f2e0112f.jpg

Cornhumpertron == 33 x 121
Godzillatron == 55 x 134, 85% more surf area

Godzillatron ***** Cornhumpertrons for breakfast.

Godzillatron is displeased. You must sacrifice 10 sheep before Godzillatron to make amends. Otherwise very angry Godzillatron will be. :flame:

nrc
08-02-06, 08:53 AM
BTW, lemme know if you come across any tix for the Bengals this season. I was gonna take a bud down to a game for our 40th birthdays, but it looks like they sold out with season tix this season. :( I thought I'd be able to buy a package game like they had last season, but no dice. I could have told you that plan wasn't going to fly this season. :) We didn't buy anything extra this season, but I'll let you know if something becomes available.

Stubhub might have some decent prices if you buy early.
http://www.stubhub.com/cincinnati-bengals-tickets/

Ankf00
08-02-06, 09:33 AM
:shocked: Trojans on 'roids! :eek:

Or more specifically, Brandon Ting, he of "de-pantsed by VY" fame. Then again, I'm sure that tag belongs to many Trojans :) $20 bucks says twin bro was on 'em too. Which is funny b/c they weren't that big. Both have "left the team for med-school."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-uscfb2aug02,0,1782325.story?coll=la-home-headlines

dando
08-02-06, 09:46 AM
I could have told you that plan wasn't going to fly this season. :) We didn't buy anything extra this season, but I'll let you know if something becomes available.

Stubhub might have some decent prices if you buy early.
http://www.stubhub.com/cincinnati-bengals-tickets/
Damn bandwagon fans. ;) Yeah, I'm watching stubhub daily now.

EDIT: I anted up for a pair on 10/22 for the Panthers. $50 seats = $200. :eek:

-Kevin

nrc
08-02-06, 01:05 PM
Ank, the real question is why they've put a low rent office park at the open end of your stadium. Not enough ticket buyers?
http://www.collegegridirons.com/bigten/images/ohio100.jpg

Ankf00
08-02-06, 01:21 PM
AD offices/field house. We could put up a grandstand, but by limiting supply we're keeping out the unopened-beer can-throwing cousins of the Ohio Stadium regulars. :p

So instead we have glorious Godzillatron. All Hail Godzillatron!

edit: holy jeebus!! Daktronics' website says the unit uses 200,000 Watts average 800,000 Watts max :eek: 200,000 W ~ 300 HP Godzillaton holds dominion over all other punytrons :mad:

found this to show a comparison
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6100/texasscoreboardsau9.jpg

blue: old Texas board
red: aggy board(s) (54x72 = 40x72 + 10x72 + 4x72)
light purple: pigs (107x30) - Huskers (117x33) close enough to arkie's
godzillatron (134x55)

dando
08-02-06, 01:53 PM
AD offices/field house. We could put up a grandstand, but by limiting supply we're keeping out the unopened-beer can-throwing cousins of the Ohio Stadium regulars. :p

I find that statement offending....a true Buckeye fan would never waste a beer like that! :mad: You must be cornfusing us with yer redneck, NASCAB watching brethen down there that throw full beers on the track. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
08-02-06, 02:21 PM
Ank giggles like a school girl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2537332

Oklahoma starting quarterback Rhett Bomar will not play for the Sooners this season following an investigation by the team, according to a television report.

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-02-06, 02:36 PM
:rofl: :laugh:

Wonder what Papa Jerry has to say about his golden boy now :laugh: No worries though, this will be just like the Dusty Dvorcek business after he beat and permanently maimed his best friend within an inch of his life in the ICU after a drunken brawl, one of many such incidents in his life, kicked off team for one year, when the depth chart for the next year is paper thin, Stoopsie will turn the other cheek and let him back in... :rolleyes:

It's 1:36 p.m. And OU STILL sucks!

Ankf00
08-02-06, 04:26 PM
Adrian Peterson isn't going to New York in December.

JD Quinn is the other guy supposedly accepting cash, which means OU's already non-existant O-line is now missing a starting guard. Peterson & Bomar were already going to be ass ravaged by that worthless no-depth line before all of this. Now Peterson's going to take all of it... 9 in the box, coming up!

Stoops will continue his search for warm bodies for the OL. Meanwhile QB options == moving Thompson back from WR, a JUCO kid from Montana or Wyoming or something they picked up for some reason, or a true freshman who wasn't there for spring practice...

Tim
08-02-06, 05:21 PM
Looks like another Sun-Music City bowl year for the Badgers.

ferrarigod
08-02-06, 10:29 PM
Adrian Peterson isn't going to New York in December.

JD Quinn is the other guy supposedly accepting cash, which means OU's already non-existant O-line is now missing a starting guard. Peterson & Bomar were already going to be ass ravaged by that worthless no-depth line before all of this. Now Peterson's going to take all of it... 9 in the box, coming up!

Stoops will continue his search for warm bodies for the OL. Meanwhile QB options == moving Thompson back from WR, a JUCO kid from Montana or Wyoming or something they picked up for some reason, or a true freshman who wasn't there for spring practice...

The rumor on the insider board for the huskers and sooners say that OU did this to put the ncaa at ease and allow them to make movements. OU kept peterson out of it for now believing that they can win more games with him alone than their starting qb.

my roomate tells me they have no backup, except some juco crap kid also, and they are up s**** creek. Many were picking them for Nat'l Champ. glory this year, but good luck with that one.

After tOSU stomps on UT at home, tOSU is going all the way :)

dando
08-02-06, 10:49 PM
:D :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-02-06, 11:21 PM
The rumor on the insider board for the huskers and sooners say that OU did this to put the ncaa at ease and allow them to make movements. OU kept peterson out of it for now believing that they can win more games with him alone than their starting qb.

my roomate tells me they have no backup, except some juco crap kid also, and they are up s**** creek. Many were picking them for Nat'l Champ. glory this year, but good luck with that one.

they have paul thompson, who did play qb for 2 seasons, but he's not great.

your statement about winning w/ Peterson alone w/ no QB is just dumb. OU has no o-line, Peterson needs an effective vertical passing game to keep defenses honest with his upright power running style. intentionally playing so you have no effective qb, instead of trying to develop the #1 qb in the nation from the '03 class in his 2nd year of starting makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :saywhat:

interesting note: this Big Red dealership is the same outfit that let Peterson buy then "return" that lexus SUV last year after a month, which the NCAA had no problems with...

btw, to go all the way you acorns need to win in Kinnick, and we all know that's never gonna happen :gomer:

dando
08-02-06, 11:28 PM
btw, to go all the way you acorns need to win in Kinnick, and we all know that's never gonna happen :gomer:

Don't let 2004 fool ya, f00. Dew Tate is still QB of that bunch. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-02-06, 11:42 PM
Opponent Opp. Def. Rank Opp. Avg Yds OSU Yds
Miami (OH)------- 39 ----------- 347---------382
Texas-------------10---------------303---------255
SDSU-------------83---------------406---------375
Iowa--------------67---------------383---------530
Penn St-----------12---------------305---------230
Mich State--------87---------------410---------386
Indiana-----------93----------------418--------478
Minnesota--------90----------------413---------449
Illinois-----------115---------------469---------526
Norhtwestern----117---------------480---------422
Michigan----------36----------------345---------418
Notre Dame-------75----------------397---------617

:gomer:

dando
08-02-06, 11:48 PM
Opponent Opp. Def. Rank Opp. Avg Yds OSU Yds
Miami (OH)------- 39 ----------- 347---------382
Texas-------------10---------------303---------255
SDSU-------------83---------------406---------375
Iowa--------------67---------------383---------530
Penn St-----------12---------------305---------230
Mich State--------87---------------410---------386
Indiana-----------93----------------418--------478
Minnesota--------90----------------413---------449
Illinois-----------115---------------469---------526
Norhtwestern----117---------------480---------422
Michigan----------36----------------345---------418
Notre Dame-------75----------------397---------617

:gomer:
You gotta point? :confused:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-02-06, 11:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2413962

the original ESPN story on Peterson's car "borrowing" incident...

note the line at the end:
"Oklahoma also investigated the employment of football players by the dealership but found no violations."

this is the same dealership, of course, Bomer also has a few MIP's from the past couple years, and his dad was his HS coach here in South Grand Prairie, he's a total prima donna, has no concept of having to "earn" anything... and his dad's a ****ing jacktard too...

Ankf00
08-02-06, 11:59 PM

-Kevin
well, I know most of you acorns are beer tossing hillbillies, but figured you had enough neurons firing to figure it out yourself, i figured wrong :p

nrc
08-03-06, 12:04 AM

-Kevin

Just his nightly thank-you prayer that they played OSU at the beginning of the season instead of the end.

Ankf00
08-03-06, 12:07 AM
Just his nightly thank-you prayer that they played OSU at the beginning of the season instead of the end.
I see no correlation between numbers at beginning or end. I do see a correlation between performance when playing top 15 defenses and when playing non top-50 defenses

but again, lets not let facts get in the way of anything :)

that live webcam .jpeg of Godillzatron at night at the top of this page gives me a chubby. :o

Classic Apex
08-03-06, 11:48 AM

A much improved and louder Kinnick Stadium (http://www.facilities.uiowa.edu/pressboxeastcam/), too.

:cool:

dando
08-03-06, 12:18 PM
I see no correlation between numbers at beginning or end. I do see a correlation between performance when playing top 15 defenses and when playing non top-50 defenses

but again, lets not let facts get in the way of anything :)
One played w/a two-QB system, with the ultimate #1 QB coming off the bench, and the other played in cold, rainy, and windy conditions. Of course one would assume the numbers would be lower vs. better D. WGAF? UT's D was only ranked that high because the Big 12 sucked dick period. SC ran up 574 yards on y'all. Even ND gave up fewer yards than that, you dork. :p If you want to compare stats, go dig up UT's stats and compare the performance vs. OSU relative to the Big 12 w/100+ D rankings. Ya think y'all gained fewer yards against OSU? I KNOW VY did. I guess it takes a rocket scientist to figger that out.... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-03-06, 12:19 PM
A much improved and louder Kinnick Stadium (http://www.facilities.uiowa.edu/pressboxeastcam/), too.

:cool:
Two words: Drew Tate. :gomer:

-Kevin