PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Futility Watch: Wave Goodbye to Flip

pchall
07-10-06, 04:06 PM
link (http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=7053)

Foyt, Giaffone Part Ways

Four-time Indianapolis 500 winner A.J. Foyt announced that he has mutually agreed to part ways with Felipe Giaffone. No replacement driver was named for the No. 14 ABC Supply Co. Dallara/Honda/Firestone.

“It wasn’t working for either of us,” said Foyt, who continues to recover from his June 26 knee replacement surgery on his left leg. “It’s been frustrating for him and me, and I knew I needed to do something. We just didn’t have the communication that we needed to be successful together” ...

Foyt will announce Giaffone’s replacement later this week.

So, anybody think that AJ can find a "Murican" driver in time for Saturday night in Nashville? I've noticed that PJ Chesson is available...

Wheel-Nut
07-10-06, 04:21 PM
I'm available grandpa . . . .or how about Foyt 4 and Uncle Larry? The latest earl superteam!

trauma1
07-10-06, 04:27 PM
iv the return of the safer barrier crash test dummy :rofl:

Spicoli
07-10-06, 04:27 PM
Flip, buddy Lastyear and No Cheeeber on the list for Nashville? :saywhat:

But, come to think of it, why does it even matter? :laugh:

Fio1
07-10-06, 04:30 PM
link (http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=7053)

Foyt, Giaffone Part Ways
[I]

“It wasn’t working for either of us,” said Foyt, who continues to recover from his June 26 knee replacement surgery on his left leg. “It’s been frustrating for him and me, and I knew I needed to do something. We just didn’t have the communication that we needed to be successful together” ...

Are you serious? :shakehead

Man, the only guy that could work with Foyt for the past 20 years was Gregor Fiotek. I wonder if he's still working with his dad in Zurich and would like a stint in the hospital racing league? Now that guy would be a lot of fun to watch; he turned an average F3000 race at Brands Hatch into an your annual IRL crash fest at Texas! :eek:

cameraman
07-12-06, 12:50 PM
Looks like Jeff Bucknum may have a job.

The Foytility continues.

Chief
07-12-06, 03:02 PM
Naah, Marty Roth is a grizzled veteran that fits the foytility mode perfectly...