PDA

View Full Version : First JPM, now Danica?

dando
07-10-06, 10:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2515044

The Sentinel reported that T.J. Patrick, who has managed Danica Patrick's career since childhood, was in exploratory talks with some NASCAR teams at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday.

:saywhat: :eek: :laugh:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
07-10-06, 11:14 AM
While she and the team have not performed on the track, she certainly has off the track (for sponsors I mean).

I doubt Rahal's contract with her is paying her anything what she is really worth in terms of sponsor appeal. And I doubt he could afford to pay her what she is worth.

How much time did Tony Stewart spend in Busch for Gibbs before he moved him up to Cup?

rosawendel
07-10-06, 11:35 AM
remember, rubbin' is racin.

RusH
07-10-06, 11:38 AM
Evernham?
Crocker and Danica will necessitate moving operations to Utah. :gomer:

TKGAngel
07-10-06, 12:26 PM
Evernham?
Crocker and Danica will necessitate moving operations to Utah. :gomer:

Evernham's got enough problems with Mayfield and Kahne. Both have been complaining that Ray hasn't been at the track as much as usual, and the team has been suffering.

ETA: They were guests of Rousch Racing. Any hope that if she does jump and ends up with Rousch, that a Rouschketeer smacks her down the first time she tries the princess act?

trauma1
07-10-06, 03:54 PM
she's just one broken rubber from obscurity :rofl:

spinner26
07-10-06, 04:01 PM
This is more hillarious than JPM to Cup.

This chic is eyecandy at best for those who don't like to look at much, anything she "could" offer on the track has yet to be shown, it's a losing proposition for anyone to pick her up as a driver.

Now, if they need a poser child for advertisements then she might fit the bill but otherwise ,waste of discussion.

Spicoli
07-10-06, 04:06 PM
What an awesome thread. :thumbup:

:rofl:

trauma1
07-10-06, 04:06 PM
This is more hillarious than JPM to Cup.

This chic is eyecandy at best for those who don't like to look at much, anything she "could" offer on the track has yet to be shown, it's a losing proposition for anyone to pick her up as a driver.

Now, if they need a poser child for advertisements then she might fit the bill but otherwise ,waste of discussion.

they would have to invest in breast impants for her to keep the nascar people happy :rofl:

Lizzerd
07-10-06, 04:10 PM
...and make her drive in a Spandex driver suit.

trauma1
07-10-06, 04:28 PM
for sure she doesn't qualify for a wet t shirt contest :rofl:

Spicoli
07-10-06, 04:32 PM
...and make her drive in a Spandex driver suit.

She would get sofa king spanked in gomer-league, that sluttin her out would be the only thing to hold it together for one full season. :p

Fio1
07-10-06, 04:45 PM
When I hear that the dad is in Chicagoland looking for Nascar ride I read this: They made a deal with Rahal that basically gave her very little money in the future, because he was taking a risk putting her in Atlantics and IRL. Now, he knows she can make real money and is looking for a way out of that deal. If she goes to Nascar then maybe it's a way out, or atleast Nascar has the potential to buy her out of that deal. This is 100% speculation on my part, but makes sense considering what I know about the parties involved.

The fact is, what ever she does, she brings a lot of press. Therefore, a lot of R.O.I for a sponsor. So why sponsor Bubba Johnson JR and run 13th, when you can sponsor Danica Patrick and run 23rd? Who cares where you finish, unless you win, if you get all the TV exposure, especially on the news? Because you know that's what she gets in IRL.

For her it makes sense to, fast forward to the end of 2009:
If you run IRL for 5 full seasons and still haven't won a race it looks pretty bad. But if you moved to Nascar for 2008 season, you are still considered a 'rookie' in Nascar and it's OK that you still haven't won by the end of 2009. Therefore, she still would have done 5 full seasons in pro racing in America without winning a race, but becsue she changed series it doesn't seem this way. And, in marketing perception in everything!

Tifosi24
07-10-06, 05:13 PM
When I hear that the dad is in Chicagoland looking for Nascar ride I read this: They made a deal with Rahal that basically gave her very little money in the future, because he was taking a risk putting her in Atlantics and IRL. Now, he knows she can make real money and is looking for a way out of that deal. If she goes to Nascar then maybe it's a way out, or atleast Nascar has the potential to buy her out of that deal. This is 100% speculation on my part, but makes sense considering what I know about the parties involved.

The fact is, what ever she does, she brings a lot of press. Therefore, a lot of R.O.I for a sponsor. So why sponsor Bubba Johnson JR and run 13th, when you can sponsor Danica Patrick and run 23rd? Who cares where you finish, unless you win, if you get all the TV exposure, especially on the news? Because you know that's what she gets in IRL.

For her it makes sense to, fast forward to the end of 2009:
If you run IRL for 5 full seasons and still haven't won a race it looks pretty bad. But if you moved to Nascar for 2008 season, you are still considered a 'rookie' in Nascar and it's OK that you still haven't won by the end of 2009. Therefore, she still would have done 5 full seasons in pro racing in America without winning a race, but becsue she changed series it doesn't seem this way. And, in marketing perception in everything!

Can't forget about Michael Waltrip. It took him forever to win a race and the 'necks still loved him, and loved him even more after he won a race. He is of questionable driving ability, but he is very marketable because he puts on the Barney Fife act, or he is just that stupid, I don't know which one it is. Danica will not have to win a race for 10-15 years to maintain popularity in Nascar. Just look half-way decent and no one will care

TKGAngel
07-10-06, 06:52 PM
Can't forget about Michael Waltrip. It took him forever to win a race and the 'necks still loved him, and loved him even more after he won a race. He is of questionable driving ability, but he is very marketable because he puts on the Barney Fife act, or he is just that stupid, I don't know which one it is. Danica will not have to win a race for 10-15 years to maintain popularity in Nascar. Just look half-way decent and no one will care

I don't think Mikey Waltrip is as dumb as he portrays. If you really listen to what he says, and take away the 'aw shucks' accent, he actually makes sense. I also think he has to be a pretty shrewd guy to start up and run a Cup team and sign Dale Jarrett; let alone get UPS, NAPA, BK and Dominos to sponsor a team that hasn't even run a race yet.

Mikey's also camera-friendly. Sure Danica cleans up nice for photos, but Mikey gives better interviews.

I could also be completely wrong, and it could be that Buffy Waltrip is the brains behind the operation. ;)

NismoZ
07-10-06, 06:58 PM
Bourdais is probably next.

oddlycalm
07-10-06, 08:43 PM
They made a deal with Rahal that basically gave her very little money in the future, because he was taking a risk putting her in Atlantics and IRL. Now, he knows she can make real money and is looking for a way out of that deal. My take is that her contract is up in a few weeks and with the money from Honda gone so is Rahal.

oc

Chiphead_Dave
07-11-06, 10:19 AM
she's just one broken rubber from obscurity :rofl:

I hope you thought that up yourself because if you did you are my hero :thumbup:

You can't fit in a drivers suit 9 months gone.

dando
07-11-06, 11:37 AM
Oreo's thoughts on JPM's move and a possible Danica move:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=oreovicz_john&id=2515384

-Kevin

cartman
07-11-06, 11:47 AM
Is anyone else tired of hearing about this chick? She hasn't accomplished didly squat on the track. She may be a sponsors golden child, but has yet to prove anything about being a competent race car driver. And I'm so tired of this "she's so hot" crap. She may be mildly attractive, but her lips are too thin and she has no boobs. I've seen a lot hotter. I'm ready for Danicamania to end and end abruptly.

May want to fix your linky dando, it goes to an article about Syd Barrett dying.

dando
07-11-06, 11:51 AM
May want to fix your linky dando, it goes to an article about Syd Barrett dying.
Fixed. Forgot I had copied that for another thread. :)

-Kevin

KLang
07-11-06, 12:50 PM
The rumor over at gomerville is now that she is going to AGR. I expect that means a seat in Nascar is a sure thing. ;)

Anteater
07-11-06, 01:04 PM
Is anyone else tired of hearing about this chick?
YES!!!!!!! For quite a long time now!

NismoZ
07-11-06, 01:05 PM
Hello! Is anyone listening? This is a freekin' RAID, folks! It isn't just about The League. 10-1 FTG STILL doesn't get it. Drivers have been making their opinions CRYSTAL clear for a very long time. They aren't waiting around forever. Great situation when a guy of PT's talent doesn't stand a chance against the "interest" created by a little girl. Mark Martin was adamant that Bourdais be in NASCAB. Martin can't stick around much longer. My guess is ol' Jack is all over that one. RedBull to NASCAR? AJ? Toyota? Remember these days. More than one very connected person said Aug.1st was the deadline for mergification of openwheel. Rumor indicates KK has thrown up his hands in disgust. Recent events may have rendered even that deadline moot.

trauma1
07-11-06, 02:01 PM
The rumor over at gomerville is now that she is going to AGR. I expect that means a seat in Nascar is a sure thing. ;)
that's wilkie's BS just a shade below spyplane, AGR boys hate her including mickey

cameraman
07-11-06, 02:05 PM
Hello! Is anyone listening? This is a freekin' RAID, folks! It isn't just about The League. 10-1 FTG STILL doesn't get it. Drivers have been making their opinions CRYSTAL clear for a very long time. They aren't waiting around forever. Great situation when a guy of PT's talent doesn't stand a chance against the "interest" created by a little girl. Mark Martin was adamant that Bourdais be in NASCAB. Martin can't stick around much longer. My guess is ol' Jack is all over that one. RedBull to NASCAR? AJ? Toyota? Remember these days. More than one very connected person said Aug.1st was the deadline for mergification of openwheel. Rumor indicates KK has thrown up his hands in disgust. Recent events may have rendered even that deadline moot.

When did you become the reincarnation of Zero?

KLang
07-11-06, 02:14 PM
that's wilkie's BS just a shade below spyplane, AGR boys hate her including mickey

I assume the eskimo is just making schlitz up like usual.

Opposite Lock
07-11-06, 03:05 PM
When did you become the reincarnation of Zero?

:laugh:

needs more winkie/smilies, hihihihahahas, and "food for thoughts"
:gomer:

Andrew Longman
07-11-06, 03:07 PM
Looks like Dad needs to learn how to talk to the media.

And he needs to learn to talk to his daughter before speaking for her.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060711/SPORTS01/607110490

Going to AGR actually has some logic if they are to continue as the Honda "factory" team. They'd be the only team that could afford her.

Now whether Honda is going to continue to pay driver contracts, etc. for AGR drivers, that's a different matter, but if Honda has a hope in heck of seeing ROI from their participation in the IRL they need Danica (and probably Andretti) in the series.

racer2c
07-11-06, 03:20 PM

Going to AGR actually has some logic if they are to continue as the Honda "factory" team. They'd be the only team that could afford her.

Now whether Honda is going to continue to pay driver contracts, etc. for AGR drivers, that's a different matter, but if Honda has a hope in heck of seeing ROI from their participation in the IRL they need Danica (and probably Andretti) in the series.

Meaningless damage control. Four months from now she'll announce she's going taxis racing.

Spicoli
07-11-06, 03:36 PM
Danicle: STFU Dad.

Mr. Danicle: Sorry boss

cartman
07-11-06, 03:46 PM
Well, you know the old saying, "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree".

trauma1
07-11-06, 03:55 PM
I assume the eskimo is just making schlitz up like usual.
yep, but don't put schlitz on wilkies level, schlitz has better class :rofl:

trauma1
07-11-06, 03:56 PM

the agr boys can't stand her and fanicia old man and mickey would be fighting the 1st test session, not going to pair marcomania witn fanica :shakehead

Andrew Longman
07-11-06, 04:03 PM
Meaningless damage control. Four months from now she'll announce she's going taxis racing.

Well, we can always hope. :)

If she is in cabs that will mean that Honda is just an expensive engine supplier to a series with no or very few but otherwise poor teams. The only visible means of team support will come from whatever funding TG cares to share in terms of direct subsidy and prize money along with whatever I500 sponsorship is worth these days. AGR and Penske with be in ALMS. Rahal will have taken Graham to GP2 or CCWS. Chip will follow the money.

That emperor will have no clothes and there is no way the IRL and Disney can spin it into anything believably positive and the series will be in complete implosion.

Conveniently, if TG wants to hold an event in May he would then likely have to invite CCWS teams to show up with their DP01s

But we'll see

Sean O'Gorman
07-11-06, 05:34 PM
:laugh:

needs more winkie/smilies, hihihihahahas, and "food for thoughts"

And every thread title should end like this!?!?

NismoZ
07-11-06, 05:44 PM
;) Sounds like JV is next. Ha, Ha, Ha. A Roush guy thinks so. He's pokin' around and wouldn't consider it a step down!?!?! Oh... just food for thought. ;)

Gangrel
07-11-06, 05:46 PM
Well, y'all have a nice long time to get yourselves ready for JPM's debut in NASCAB, 'cause he AIN'T GONNA' BE DRIVING FOR MCLEARAN NO MORE!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/28404/

Insomniac
07-11-06, 06:29 PM
From the crawl on CNN:

Formula 1 Driver Danica Patrick...

TKGAngel
07-11-06, 06:49 PM
From CNNSi...

Danica Patrick is reportedly considering a move from the Indy Racing League to NASCAR. That makes sense. Really, what else is there for her to win in the IRL?

Spicoli
07-11-06, 07:51 PM
From CNNSi...

Yep, she won the 500 last year, n Micro won this year. :gomer: