PDA

View Full Version : Tiana - you need to fix your profile.....

devilmaster
07-10-06, 02:05 AM
its a little screwed up. Your year of birth is set a few years too early...... ;)

Oh yeah, happy b-day too..... :thumbup:

Warlock!
07-10-06, 08:17 AM
Bikini pics...

Oh... and HB :cool:

Cam
07-10-06, 08:34 AM
Bikini pics...

If anything, you gotta give it to 'lock for his tenacity. :D

HB girl! :thumbup:

Ankf00
07-10-06, 10:46 AM
happy bday :)

G.
07-10-06, 10:48 AM
Have a great one!

dando
07-10-06, 10:59 AM
HB, girlfriend! :thumbup: :cool:

Did ya ever get that CCWS outfit? :D

-Kevin

Kahauna Dreamer
07-10-06, 11:27 AM
hb tiananait! :)

anait
07-10-06, 11:43 AM
Thanks, folks. Getting on that profile...

'Lock, one of the spelling bee dads I met in D.C. reminded me of you...even though I've never met you...but he was big and friendly and funny...and from Ohio!

dando, mr anait did try to get that CCWS suit for me...but it was over his budget. :D

And actually, my best girlfriend is taking me bathing suit shopping this week. I am happy to say, my old suits are now too big for me. Let's hear it for appetite reduction!!! *G*

Here's a pic from D.C. (Really, I do own more than one shirt and one pair of jeans...):

http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pb4lnKEHD-4Cc0kjcDmGDrWOZlkkTHjgFbYQ0N7FoNEA4NcMchXdLytf1xDA _taYVEIjLUImOhCEbyjyxAirqpBOpeQPpH25M-O9MX5mPJHUxZFt6Oh5jO7uGLum6vEelrKicJclXV-89eCEAoNvDww

Occasionally mr anait drops in here...dear, if you're reading this to check up on me on my birthday, stop reading NOW. If you keep reading, and I find out you've kept reading, you're getting a cold beverage for YOUR birthday in two weeks. That's all.

Okay, he should be out of the thread by now. For my gift, my darling husband gave me a very thoughtful gift, a stamp set I've wanted for a long time. Every year, my favourite stamp company discontinues some sets. I had three I wanted in a very bad way, but they're crazy expensive, so I reluctantly let them go, b/c I am saving up for something. Mr anait knows I'm saving up, but doesn't know what for; so he ventured into the wild world of stamping and found out what I wanted. Good man.[/end hobby mode]

What I am saving up for is to buy mr anait a bbq. Actually, it's already bought. One of his best friends shelled out the $$$ for me. It's not an expensive one, only $400, around 55,000 BTUs, three burners, one side burner...but our current outdoor cooking implement puts out around, oh, 15 BTUs. Not only do we flip the burgers, we rotate them around the grill. This new one is at least a step or two up from that. So, I hope he likes it. I was going to ask for some advice from you folks, but the thread with the serious bbq talk had me feeling a tad inadequate. :p

anait
07-10-06, 11:47 AM
Oh, yeah - quote of the day: "I'm thirty-seven, I'm not old!!"

racer2c
07-10-06, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday. :thumbup:

How did you and yours like DC?

Gangrel
07-10-06, 12:52 PM
Happy B-Day! Sorry I'm late to the party. ;)

RHR_Fan
07-10-06, 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

~Nicole

anait
07-10-06, 03:00 PM
Happy Birthday. :thumbup:

How did you and yours like DC?

My 13 yr old and I LOVED it. Much too short a visit, I would have liked to stay three more weeks. We were right downtown, at the Marriott at Metro Center. Temps were between about 90-102 the whole week, humidity between 85 and 95%, I think. :D I didn't mind a bit, I like that weather...although it did require some forethought to keep all my clothes relatively fresh for the week! But the 13 yr old does not like that level of heat/humidity, takes after her dad. I want to take mr anait back there in cooler weather...there were SO many places we would have enjoyed taking in.

We spent Monday morning with the other Cdn families on the only scheduled walking tour. Our guide was Anthony Pitch, who has written some books on the city and is a popular guide. We toured the main monuments and memorials, stopped in front of the White House and a number of other notable buildings. In the afternoon, we attended a Memorial Day picnic at the Turkey Run Pavilions. Now, that was a big BBQ. Tuesday morning, my daughter and I took the metro to Arlington; we stayed for the morning and would have stayed longer...what an incredible place. That afternoon I went by myself to the Ntl Building Museum, and in the evening we attended a reception at the Cdn Embassy. The next two days were full with Spelling Bee activities. Friday was the fastest museum-hopping we've ever done - the Spy Museum in the morning, and in the afternoon the West building at the Smithsonian, the Ntl Air and Space Museum, and the Ntl Cathedral. Fantastic. On the way back (on the trolley), our route took us down Embassy Row; our driver Stephen named off each Embassy as we passed it, it was like watching a tennis match. :D

Mr anait wants to take a tropical vacation this winter (well, a working vacation). I want to go back to D.C.

dando
07-10-06, 03:17 PM
Mr anait wants to take a tropical vacation this winter (well, a working vacation). I want to go back to D.C.
Be careful out there in the winter. Those idiots in the VA/DC area don't know how to drive in snow. :saywhat: :p

Spring in DC is awesome. Especially ~April when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. Highly recommended. :thumbup:

-Kevin

ChampcarShark
07-10-06, 03:47 PM
Best wishes on your B-Day,

Hey, you can always move south, in here we have forgotten about the cold winters.

It is always nice and warm.

RTKar
07-10-06, 07:44 PM
Happy Birthday! Nice Family pic too :cool:

Anteater
07-10-06, 08:16 PM
Happy birthday, anait! That's a lovely family pic. :)

JT265
07-10-06, 10:46 PM
Happy Happy Anait!

<nice pics too!> :thumbup:

Rob
07-10-06, 10:55 PM
Happy birthday, anait! :)

swift
07-10-06, 10:59 PM
happy b-day anait. hope to see you making the trek to another toronto CC race in the future.

racer2c
07-10-06, 11:03 PM
WOW! That sounds like one whirlwind of a DC tour. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is a unique and beautiful city even though I make knock it around from time to time. I grew up in the DC 'burbs and make my home 45 miles south of there. We don't go up there nearly as much as we should.

cart7
07-11-06, 07:51 AM
HB anait!! :thumbup:

anait
07-11-06, 09:29 AM
Thanks again, all. It was a very good birthday. :) Stamped cards with the girls, ate a great rib-eye/new potaoes dinner, worked in the yard, watched the last ep of this year's Dr Who :cry: , and stayed up way too late to finish the first of three Halo novels.

Oh, and mr anait followed up the stamp set with several more presents. At supper he had each of the three kids in attendance present me with a different form of chocolate: chocolate chips, cocoa, and two-bite brownies; and from him, a 4-pack of Guinness. :thumbup:

swift: We would LOVE to go back to Toronto...and I had really hoped Edmonton would be in the cards this year...however, not to be. We will be down east in August, but not at the right time! :)

racer2c
07-11-06, 09:59 AM
What's a Halo novel? :confused:

anait
07-11-06, 10:28 AM
What's a Halo novel? :confused:

A novel based on the game. :D So far there are three: The Fall of Reach, which is a precursor to the game's events; The Flood, a tie-in with the game; and First Strike, which I think either ties in with Halo 2, or is somewhere in between... We don't play the game, but the books are a good summer read.

racer2c
07-11-06, 10:32 AM
A novel based on the game. :D So far there are three: The Fall of Reach, which is a precursor to the game's events; The Flood, a tie-in with the game; and First Strike, which I think either ties in with Halo 2, or is somewhere in between... We don't play the game, but the books are a good summer read.

:thumbup: :cool: