"I just love the ChampCar World Series, and I'm beginning to love winning!"

This is just what this series needs. :cool:

FCYTravis
07-09-06, 02:30 PM
Three in a row, baby. Nifty donuts, too! :thumbup: :cool:

pineapple
07-09-06, 02:31 PM
:thumbup: Who lit a fire under AJ?

Good race, ontrack passing, and pigeons in the tiresmoke!

cart7
07-09-06, 02:32 PM
:thumbup: Good race!

G.
07-09-06, 02:52 PM
Awesome job by Dinger!

Too bad, no F-bombs tho.

grungex
07-09-06, 03:02 PM
Andreas Wirth slipped one in during the Atlantics race...

Accipiter
07-09-06, 03:06 PM
"It's a Forsythe 1-2, it's not a RuSport 1-2"

Burn. :laugh:

jonovision_man
07-09-06, 04:54 PM
Good job 'dinger! :thumbup:

Nice donuts, too. :) Getting more and more practice.

BTW - fun day at the track, gorgeous weather, couldn't ask for more. Still a great race! :thumbup:

Correction: I can ask for more, but today I won't. :)

jono

Insomniac
07-09-06, 05:22 PM
Good job 'dinger! :thumbup:

Nice donuts, too. :) Getting more and more practice.

Som gutsy donuts too, right in between the walls. I'm glad there wasn't a big thud. He's bringing a lot more excitement to the championship, and dare I say, people love an American winning. :)

jonovision_man
07-09-06, 05:26 PM
With AJ living in Toronto and PT down in Las Vegas, I think I can safely cheer for both as being "Canadian enough" :)

jono

Insomniac
07-09-06, 05:34 PM
With AJ living in Toronto and PT down in Las Vegas, I think I can safely cheer for both as being "Canadian enough" :)

jono

I think PT moved to FL.

Andrew Longman
07-09-06, 05:45 PM
Good for Dinger. But this is getting ridiculous. Time for someone else to win. Well maybe not.

SB and PT looked just miserable post race.

Legge set 3rd fastest lap. Would have had a good race if not for the early incident. I'm still expecting some better things to come from her.

Wilson and/or the team just missed it today. The car was very inconsistent and chewed up tires

Phillipe and Servia looking good again. Encouraging for CTE/HVM and PKV.

Servia did seem to hit the brakes hard just before the concrete patch under the bridge. His rear wing went up as if under braking hard and that's earlier than the usual brake zone. For a second it looked like it was going to be a Kosnoff replay :(

No T1L1 incident!!! :)

nrc
07-09-06, 06:15 PM
Wilson and/or the team just missed it today. The car was very inconsistent and chewed up tires

I think that's been their problem. They can't seem to get a setup that will last through a race. Wilson just handles it better than A.J. did.

Insomniac
07-09-06, 06:35 PM
Servia did seem to hit the brakes hard just before the concrete patch under the bridge. His rear wing went up as if under braking hard and that's earlier than the usual brake zone. For a second it looked like it was going to be a Kosnoff replay :(

I noticed that too and wondered if he downshifted too much or if something broke.

TKGAngel
07-09-06, 06:54 PM
SB and PT looked just miserable post race.

I don't think PT expected AJA to be this good, this fast. SB just sounded relieved that the whole thing was over and him and PT played nice.

ETA: RM just offered $350 to the first driver to knock Dinger off of the top stand of the podium.

jonovision_man
07-09-06, 08:34 PM

My thoughts exactly... seems that the fact that he was under braking kept that rear wheel from launching the car up into the air.

jono

pkvracing12
07-09-06, 09:26 PM
Good job DINGER :thumbup: !

Lizzerd
07-09-06, 11:56 PM
Some things to think about...

AJ doesn't win a race with RUSport, but came close. Mario nearly on a par with PT at FCR. AJ takes Mario's ride and wins three straight. Is AJ just that good, or is it FCR? More experience now, maybe?

A former dominating champion, da Matta, is mid pack in AJ's former car. His former seat at N-H was filled by Seabass. If those seats were swapped now, would Cristiano be P1 in points again? Or the frog really that good?

Mario is stoopid before he gets the FCR ride. Mario shows well in FCR ride this year when he didn't crash. Then, he nearly takes a podium at Cleveland for Coyne. Was it bad luck and/or poor decions he made on the track, or is he a good and/or maturing driver who just had the chips fall the wrong way for him?

Finally, OT, is Keith Wiggins at CTE/HVM the secret behind Fabio's relative success this year?

theunions
07-10-06, 01:30 AM
Finally, OT, is Keith Wiggins at CTE/HVM the secret behind Fabio's relative success this year?

Nah, it's that lady shrink they mentioned during the telecast. :rofl:

mueber
07-10-06, 07:27 AM
Not a crasharific race, a Good Race: an entertaining race, a professional race. :thumbup:

Insomniac
07-10-06, 08:05 AM
AJ doesn't win a race with RUSport, but came close. Mario nearly on a par with PT at FCR. AJ takes Mario's ride and wins three straight. Is AJ just that good, or is it FCR? More experience now, maybe?

AJ said:

"It’s fantastic," said Allmendinger. "Paul had some difficulties the past two races so I’m glad to see him have a great weekend and a podium finish. He’s a big reason why I’ve been able to come here and have the success I’ve had. I’ve been using the set-ups that he developed here over the past couple of years and (benefiting) from a lot of the development work he’s done. So it’s great . . . although I have to say he was the first guy I wanted to see behind me and the last guy I wanted to see behind me."

I think it's a combination of wanting to prove himself and being in a better car.

I don't think he really stepped into Mario's car the last 2 races. With regards to PT, they mentioned many believed he over drives the red tires. Do they mean he spins the wheels a lot? I mean, I can see abusing them, but it would seem to be pretty hard to do in 7 laps of qualifying.

A former dominating champion, da Matta, is mid pack in AJ's former car. His former seat at N-H was filled by Seabass. If those seats were swapped now, would Cristiano be P1 in points again? Or the frog really that good?

I know I'd like to know what it is. :) As much as I don't want to admit, I thing SB is that good. I'm not saying he'd do better than JW in the same car, but SB is the real deal.

Mario is stoopid before he gets the FCR ride. Mario shows well in FCR ride this year when he didn't crash. Then, he nearly takes a podium at Cleveland for Coyne. Was it bad luck and/or poor decions he made on the track, or is he a good and/or maturing driver who just had the chips fall the wrong way for him?

I thought Mario did well at Herdez his last 2 years, one with Moreno and the next one without. However, he's always had an aggressive PT-esque style, it's just this time he had the unfortunate luck of taking out his teammate instead of others.

Chiphead_Dave
07-10-06, 10:06 AM

When they said that I turned to my wife and said "I don't want to pull for a driver with a shrink. I want to pull for a driver that when he/she gets stressed he/she drives hard, has a few beers and bangs (as in sex) his/her significant other".

Fabio needs to spend less time with this shrink :thumdown: and more time with his eyes open on the track. Oh and cut that freaking nasty hair :D

Go Dinger, Go PT. My two favorite drivers on the same team....gotta love it.

I can't wait for Denver (my home track).

TKGAngel
07-10-06, 12:23 PM
When they said that I turned to my wife and said "I don't want to pull for a driver with a shrink. I want to pull for a driver that when he/she gets stressed he/she drives hard, has a few beers and bangs (as in sex) his/her significant other".

Fabio needs to spend less time with this shrink :thumdown: and more time with his eyes open on the track. Oh and cut that freaking nasty hair :D

Go Dinger, Go PT. My two favorite drivers on the same team....gotta love it.

I can't wait for Denver (my home track).

I kind of like Nelson's hair. A little VO5 Hot Oil treatment or some leave-in conditioner couldn't hurt, but its his look, and he makes it work for him.

His brother, OTOH, could stand to get rid of the dorky glasses and go to something more subtle.

I would love to know how much the shrink got paid for that gem about the Ipod, considering that most people do know music is a calming device.

RHR_Fan
07-10-06, 12:52 PM

Okay, didn't see the race so not getting the shrink comment.

And Richard's glasses are adorable!!

~Nicole

Anteater
07-10-06, 08:31 PM
A former dominating champion, da Matta, is mid pack in AJ's former car. His former seat at N-H was filled by Seabass.
Actually, Bruno has CdM's former car and team; Seabass has Fitti's former car and team. You may draw your own conclusions. ;)

cyclepath
07-10-06, 08:58 PM

Tire problems?? #9 had great tire wear... their problem is fuel economy.. having to coast most of the race to save fuel, thats why the times were inconsistent... but great job AJ!!
:thumbup:

cameraman
07-10-06, 09:08 PM
Not sure Justin Wilson agrees with you

Stated by Justin Wilson
We just couldn't get a good balance in the car. We were sliding around and seemed to be giving our tires a harder time than anyone else was. We have to try to work out why we're different than anyone else.

cyclepath
07-10-06, 10:40 PM
Not sure Justin Wilson agrees with youI saw his tires.. not any diffrent than other front runners. maybe his sliding around has to do with tire temp, as in cleveland he was complaining that saving fuel was making his car loose grip. I don't read his comments much but do pay attention to what he says on the radio...

Dr. Corkski
07-10-06, 11:11 PM
Not sure Justin Wilson agrees with youYou are probably arguing with the wrong guy. Don't argue with him about jazz either. ;)

Spicoli
07-10-06, 11:44 PM
I kind of like Nelson's hair. A little VO5 Hot Oil treatment or some leave-in conditioner couldn't hurt, but its his look, and he makes it work for him.

do you know how ****ing gay that reads?

BUREEEYAP! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ&search=broken%20sociaL%20SCENE)

:p :p

TKGAngel
07-11-06, 07:56 AM
do you know how ****ing gay that reads?

BUREEEYAP! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ&search=broken%20sociaL%20SCENE)

:p :p

I'm a girl! I can say things like that! :p

Chiphead_Dave
07-11-06, 10:11 AM
I would love to know how much the shrink got paid for that gem about the Ipod, considering that most people do know music is a calming device.

Not the music I listen to.

Anteater
07-11-06, 01:24 PM
I don't read his comments much but do pay attention to what he says on the radio...
Yeah, I'll bet you do! ;)

Fitti Fan
07-11-06, 06:27 PM
I'm a girl too and I think Fabio's hair is nasty. But that pretty much sums up the whole package.

ferrarigod
07-12-06, 12:27 AM
I'm a girl too and I think Fabio's hair is nasty. But that pretty much sums up the whole package.

lmfao.

cyclepath
07-12-06, 07:17 PM
You are probably arguing with the wrong guy. Don't argue with him about jazz either. ;)
Jazz, Jazz??? hmmm any concerts coming up? ;)