PDA

View Full Version : F-1 "Friday" Drivers To Troll CC?

NismoZ
07-08-06, 08:51 PM
Or will they be retained as "test" drivers somehow? Seems the right time with the new car and perhaps new teams coming on line. Pantano is in Toronto talking to owners, can others be far behind? I think they ought to be required to spend a season in Atlantics first to prove themselves! :D

Insomniac
07-09-06, 08:36 AM
Or will they be retained as "test" drivers somehow? Seems the right time with the new car and perhaps new teams coming on line. Pantano is in Toronto talking to owners, can others be far behind? I think they ought to be required to spend a season in Atlantics first to prove themselves! :D

I don't think many would explore it. For the past few years, CCWS has not been a spring board to F1. The last guy was Monteiro :rofl: and before him da Matta. Those guys want to get in a F1 car all weekend.

RTKar
07-09-06, 08:47 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep race craft skills up. Cars are pretty different but drivers still want to race, I wouldn't expect the top team guys though.

NismoZ
07-13-06, 12:34 PM
I guess it's official now. Friday drivers without a Friday ride. I don't think it's so much about CC as a springboard to F-1 as it is about actually getting to race somewhere. I think the coming silly season may include some of these guys but hope it doesn't reduce opportunities for the top Atlantics drivers. (but I think that is a topic that will inevitably come up. It certainly has in the past.)