PDA

View Full Version : RA Test, Aug.3-4

NismoZ
07-08-06, 07:21 PM
One day open to public? Which one? Any word on paddock access? Doubt it. 15-18 cars expected. Rumor from Toronto says '07 race will be back to an August date...WITH ALMS! :thumbup:

KLang
07-08-06, 07:52 PM
Rumor from Toronto says '07 race will be back to an August date...WITH ALMS! :thumbup:

I hope AR1 is correct on that one. This years race seems a bit late in the year for a race that far north. We had planned to go anyway but something else has come up. Teamed up with ALMS and back to August would be great for next year.

chop456
07-08-06, 08:45 PM
Champ Car/ALMS at RA is what I've been whining about for 2 years. If true, that will be mega. :thumbup:

NismoZ
07-08-06, 08:54 PM
Yeah, then Rahal or Fernandez or The Rog or even Mikey will find it convenient to run BOTH races that weekend! :eek: :D

Tifosi24
07-08-06, 08:55 PM
I hope AR1 is correct on that one. This years race seems a bit late in the year for a race that far north. We had planned to go anyway but something else has come up. Teamed up with ALMS and back to August would be great for next year.

I think the date should be in August, but late September is probably some of the best weather you can get in the Upper Midwest. The only downside is that it can be kind of windy at times, but other than that late summer, early fall is a great time to be living in Iowa, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

NismoZ
07-08-06, 09:07 PM
Sure, but I think the main concern was to get back to the more traditional "summer vacation" weekend to insure a better gate, before school starts and all that? I hope this years crowd :rolleyes: isn't judged too harshly because I think CC just took the only available date while it worked on a better one for '07.

Lizzerd
07-08-06, 11:46 PM
I think the date should be in August, but late September is probably some of the best weather you can get in the Upper Midwest. The only downside is that it can be kind of windy at times, but other than that late summer, early fall is a great time to be living in Iowa, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

You may be right, but I'll bet you don't camp. :D

Andrew Longman
07-09-06, 08:11 AM

I will be :D

RARules
07-09-06, 09:12 PM

One of the problems (for me at least) is that late August is often "college moving weekend" for one of the kids. Ugh. This has bit me for many years.

Also, the traditional weekend often (usually?) coincides with the EAA fly-in in Oskosh, potentially causing some logistics issues.

Late September is a usually great time in mid-Wisconsin.

Lizzerd
07-09-06, 11:23 PM
The only reason I said that is that it could be cooooollllddd at night. :D

RARules
07-10-06, 06:29 PM
The only reason I said that is that it could be cooooollllddd at night. :D

No argument there! I've camped with the kids between Starved Rock and Devils Lake in the September / early October timeframe many times and you sometimes get a bit of frost on the grass overnight. Takes till late morning for the tents to dry out in the sun (provided you have sun...).

Remember, as the say about sleeping atire while camping: "Feet cold? Wear a hat!" Most campers know what I'm talking about.

Lizzerd
07-10-06, 08:28 PM
Remember, as the say about sleeping atire while camping: "Feet cold? Wear a hat!" Most campers know what I'm talking about.

Another thing about camping in the cold that most people don't know. You'll be warmer in your sleeping bag wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt than you would be wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. More body heat to warm up your little cocoon.